Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Dudley is online now <- Watch the cartoon!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    Meh, I liked the other special more. Although, the animation was neat, I would've preferred 2D. Also, this moved WAY to fast! The pacing was nuts! It did have some funny gags and crazy moments. So it was decent.

Team Teen

Cartoon heroes unite!

McRowdy is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Found myself cracking up to this quite a bit at this actually thought things move kind of quick like everything was on fastforward.

ILDC is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Three question:

1. Do today's Cartoon Network programs usually have commercials for American Girls and Build-A-Bear Workshop?
    2. How many times did they play off of "saving the world before bedtime"?
    3. Did the Powerpuff Girls ever do anything like the broccoli thing before?

Jazz1000 is offline The One and Only...
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    eh it was an ok speical
    i didnt like fast-style comedy humor in shows these days anymore
    i would love more of it's 1998 version then this
    but that was only 2 problem that i had with it
    besides that it was an ok special

ChildHood90s is offline Loves his coffee
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    In response to ILDC:

1. The American Girls aired during Steven Universe just last week, but Build-A-Bear Workshop is new. (I don't know about the other premiere nights.)
    3. They would do similar things in the original series, but usually against big, bad monsters. Blossom would use her ice powers on food once or twice... my memory is fuzzy on that.
    2. Not sure. Just sounds like they're using it as a tag-line for the Powerpuff Girls.

Silverstar is offline Delightfully Dotty
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Since when does Bubbles have ice breath? That's Blossom's thing.
    Like cartoons, comedy, riffs, wisecracks, funny video clips and humorous commentary on animation and geek culture? Check out The Twin Factor, the Star Twins' blog.

Dudley is online now <- Watch the cartoon!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverstar View Post
    Since when does Bubbles have ice breath? That's Blossom's thing.
    Oh crap, I forgot to bring that up!
    Yeah, what was up with that?

Team Teen

Cartoon heroes unite!

DW AuZumzaq is offline DISABILITY WITHOUT PITY
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I liked PPGR! far better than this, I must say.
    This special's backgrounds and props....are sublime.
    This special needed more thought/production time, IMPO.
    The bit about Blossom/Buttercup refusing to give The Mayor his highly placed pickle jar....what the hell was up with that ?
    "Yes, I'm GUILTY of LIKING, LOVING and RESPECTING BROADS, and there's NOT A JURY IN THE WORLD that would CONVICT ME."

Brad12 is offline Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I thought the special was awesome. Despite what many others have said, i didn't mind the animation. The characters were true to themselves, it was funny, i love the epic Dance versions of Blossom, Bubbles and Buttercup. Mojo's real reason for wanting to put people in a trance was hilarious. (A softball team xD) Kinda like in Powerpuff Girls Rule how we all thought that when Mojo got the key he was gonna rule the world but he ended up giving the world peace instead lol. Great special.

The only thing i felt a bit "meh" about were two things. First Bubbles and ice breath. It's all good when popular icons return and do something different from what they normally do but you would still want them to do their usual bits that make them who they are (example: Looney Tunes Show doing something diff from the shorts but Bugs still eating carrots and saying What's up Doc?) The ice breath wasn't Bubbles's special power. it was Blossoms so i would've preferred to see her use the power rather than Bubbles. And secondly, the show has been over for a long time now and it seems we every now and then get specials like this and PPGR but when we do, it happens every 4 or 5 years so when we do get them, it would be good to see more characters in case we dont get another special for a long time and we have to wait to see those characters again, so until the next special (assuming another one happens later on in life) i was kind of hoping we could see more villains like Him, Fuzzy Lumpkins and the Amoeba boys. So i felt a bit off that we only got Mojo Jojo. but other than that i had no real issue at all with the special. It was great seeing the Powerpuff Girls return. I'd really missed them. Here's to the next big PPG project

Goldstar Neo is offline I like the streaks
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by army128 View Post
    This is a pretty good special. I just wish it wasn't so fast-paced, it would be much better as an hour special.
    Seriously? It seemed like they were reaching enough for a half hour plot.

This special was just OK. I didn't hate it, but I didn't love it either. I'm still not a fan of the CG animation, especially since it there was no real reason to render the special that way. This could easily had just been traditionally hand drawn and it wouldn't have impacted the story at all.

On the positive side, the characters were handled pretty well, despite the absence of Craig McCracken. There were no laugh out loud moments, but that was also the case with Powerpuff Girls Rule. This wan't terrible, but I won't be sad if there isn't another PPG special.
    The Twin Factor: The Star Twins' blog. Cartoons. Opinions. Riffs. Geeks. Other stuff.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast