Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    ILDC is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    Here's two things I think will actually happen in 2014:

1. CN will license out its classic shows to Shout! Factory
    2. The CN albums by Rhino will get digital re-releases

Hopefully those aren't too wishful thinky.

Toonatic is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    My predictions:

-Like ILDC suggested, CN will sub-license their classic shows to Shout! Factory starting with Complete Series box sets of Ed, Edd, 'n Eddy and Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends (with the creators' participation)
    -Steven Universe and Uncle Grandpa get renewed
    -Season 1 Box set of The Amazing World of Gumball gets released
    -CN starts using remastered prints of Loony Tunes and Tom and Jerry shorts
    -CN starts showing full screen shows in their corrected format and not in a faux widescreen format
    -CN gets exclusive rights to air the final Star Wars: The Clone Wars episodes (with a DVD/Blu set later on including a DVD/Blu release of the original 2003 Micro-series if, when, or should Warner aquires it from Fox as it was a Cartoon Network production)
    -Powerpuff Girls Movie on Blu-ray (through retail or the Warner Archive)
    -CN will steer away from PG-ratings and instead go the TV-Y7 route (this excludes shows that have the TV-PG rating already)
    -CN starts airing different Looney Tunes shorts including more the pre-48s, one-shots, Speedy Gonzales, and later 60's shorts (DePatie-Freleng, SevenArts)
    -Sonic Boom becomes a huge success and is quickly renewed
    -CN will get TV rights to air Turbo F.A.S.T. in late Fall.

Jazz1000 is offline Playing it Cool, bro!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toonatic View Post
    My predictions:
    -CN will get TV rights to air Turbo F.A.S.T. in late Fall.
    Can they air shows that on netflix or hulu?

Goldstar Neo is offline Straight cash, homey!
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Powerpuff Girls Movie on Blu-ray (through retail or the Warner Archive)
    That's iffy. The PPG movie bombed at the box office, so I don't know if the demand for it is big enough to warrant a Blu-Ray release. Besides, there are some Cartoon-Cartoon series that I'd like to see get full series DVD releases before the PPG movie.

CN will steer away from PG-ratings and instead go the TV-Y7 route (this excludes shows that have the TV-PG rating already)
    There's no reason for Cartoon Network to do that. The TV-PG rating isn't causing the network any problems.

CN starts airing different Looney Tunes shorts including more the pre-48s, one-shots, Speedy Gonzales, and later 60's shorts (DePatie-Freleng, SevenArts)
    Here's hoping...

CN will get TV rights to air Turbo F.A.S.T. in late Fall
    I don't know why that would happen. The movie wasn't a huge success, so there's no real demand for the series.
    The Twin Factor: The Star Twins' twisted take on the world of cartoons and all things geeky.

ILDC is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    That's iffy. The PPG movie bombed at the box office, so I don't know if the demand for it is big enough to warrant a Blu-Ray release. Besides, there are some Cartoon-Cartoon series that I'd like to see get full series DVD releases before the PPG movie.
    That's probably why he said Warner Archive.

I don't know why that would happen. The movie wasn't a huge success, so there's no real demand for the series.
    The series might be a huge hit on Netflix, DWA is certainly hoping so, but that hasn't really happened yet.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234