Search the Site:
Follow Us:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Dudley is offline <- Watch the cartoon!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!

My predictions is that Cartoon Network will do something to upset its fans leading everyone to complain that it's not as good as it was "back in the day".

I predict Sonic Boom will give Sonic Boom better treatment than other acquisitions solely because its Sonic. The show will also be a ratings hit.

Conroy reviews Family Guy
    (Last episode)

SF4Ever is online now Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Predictions:

- Cartoon Network will begin to broadcast gender-neutral programming.
    - Ben 10 Omniverse and Totally Spies will move to new time slots, namely airing from 9:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m., respectively on Saturday mornings.
    - CN will have a different lineup for Sunday mornings.
    - CN gets back the 9:00 p.m.-10:00 p.m. time slots for keeps
    - Cartoon Network Saturday Matinee, a triple feature, between 1:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. to showcase such movies, like The Croods, G-Force, Cats & Dogs, Space Jam, Once Upon a Forest, Bolt, etc.
    - Toonami Overnight replaces Adult Swim on Saturday nights, 10:00 p.m.-6:00 a.m.
    Like it or not, I never apologize for being a fan of whomever they may be.

Silverstar is offline Sub-Genius
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommypezmaster View Post
    * Sonic Boom will be treated the same way as The Garfield Show.
    Doubtful. Sonic Boom will likely be given the red carpet treatment by CN initially just because it's Sonic. If Sonic Boom gets death-slotted by CN, then something will have gone horribly wrong.

* Uncle Grandpa airs season 2 and gets cancelled after that.
    This also seems unlikely. CN seems to have a lot invested in Uncle Grandpa, and the way it's being promoted, it would seem that folks are watching it.

Quote Originally Posted by SF4Ever
    - Cartoon Network will begin to broadcast gender-neutral programming.
    - CN gets back the 9:00 p.m.-10:00 p.m. time slots for keeps
    - Toonami Overnight replaces Adult Swim on Saturday nights, 10:00 p.m.-6:00 a.m.
    It's good to be optimistic, but those sound more like wishes than predictions. My predictions are:

-Cartoon Network will continue to primarily target boys like they've been doing for years now
    -Adult Swim will continue running as it has been, occupying the same time and space

The above things will only change on CN when the ratings and mass audience response to them changes. As long as CN/AS's ratings remain strong, the Powers That Be will conclude that nothing is broken, so there's no need to fix it.
    Got a minute? Check out The Twin Factor, the Star Twins' blog for crazy opinions on cartoons and geek culture. New name. New address. Same geekiness.

The ShopSoldier is offline DISGRACED, yet CONFIDENT...
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah... Anyone wishing for Uncle Grandpa (AND TTG!) to get cancelled probably just want it gone, due to simple hatred of the show or some kind of wish - fulfillment to get it replaced easily, which it won't, trust me (which is mostly on the internet to begin with - and while I don't care about TTG!, I don't want to see Uncle Grandpa gone/cancelled anytime soon with how much I actually enjoy it, stupid humor or not!). The ratings for both shows otherwise, says different.

Besides, knowing CN, they'll replace UG & TTG! with more Johnny Test if they burn out, which is what we don't need to see.
    Tropes that are ruining Western/European Animation (and any animes involving school):
    Spoiler:
    1. Twins and/or Rich Kids as antagonists; Bullies in general. 2. Annoying jerk sibling characters and/or General sibling characters who hate each others' guts. 3. Hidden Caucasian male dominance (usually subverted to be female in anime, which can be equally as bad – and a real turnoff in general!).

TheCtes is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The ShopSoldier View Post
    Yeah... Anyone wishing for Uncle Grandpa (AND TTG!) to get cancelled probably just want it gone, due to simple hatred of the show or some kind of wish - fulfillment to get it replaced easily, which it won't, trust me (which is mostly on the internet to begin with - and while I don't care about TTG!, I don't want to see Uncle Grandpa gone/cancelled anytime soon with how much I actually enjoy it, stupid humor or not!). The ratings for both shows otherwise, says different.

Besides, knowing CN, they'll replace UG & TTG! with more Johnny Test if they burn out, which is what we don't need to see.
    CN had actually kinda stopped airing that much Johnny Test. It's barely on now. It hasn't even gotten any default weekday slot anymore. And back when it did play it a lot, it did do really well with the target demos, so there actually was some sense to it.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCtes View Post
    CN had actually kinda stopped airing that much Johnny Test. It's barely on now. It hasn't even gotten any default weekday slot anymore. And back when it did play it a lot, it did do really well with the target demos, so there actually was some sense to it.

I'm pretty sure Johnny Test has just been on a long hiatus. CN's new block 'Weneedsday' is running around with a giant 'New Episodes of Johnny Test' banner.

I'm predicting a lot of specials for all their shows this year since December is mostly reserved for Holiday-specials.
    I'm a Writer, first. THEN I'm an artist.

PapaGreg is online now Getting off from violence
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darissa Townes View Post
    I'm pretty sure Johnny Test has just been on a long hiatus. CN's new block 'Weneedsday' is running around with a giant 'New Episodes of Johnny Test' banner.

I'm predicting a lot of specials for all their shows this year since December is mostly reserved for Holiday-specials.
    To be fair they also promoted TTGO and Dragons Riders of Berk

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    "We-Needs-Day"? More like "We-Stink-Day"? I think making new episodes of Johnny Test in that block qualifies as CN's first worst move of 2014! Sorry but I just don't like that show.

Here's hoping CN confirms the return of Ben 10: Omniverse and the Season Premiere of Totally Spies soon.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alonso Torrejon View Post
    "We-Needs-Day"? More like "We-Stink-Day"? I think making new episodes of Johnny Test in that block qualifies as CN's first worst move of 2014! Sorry but I just don't like that show. Here's hoping CN confirms the return of Ben 10: Omniverse and the Season Premiere of Totally Spies soon.
    Whether we like it or not, Johnny Test is proving to be a big success with the CN executives since it's so cheap to make and has every 'boy-show' trope they're looking for. It won't be leaving anytime soon as long as it's doing so.

I also don't see why everyone is hopping onto this New Season of Totally Spies-train. The show has been off CN's lineup for years, why bring it back after all this time, ESPECIALLY as a new season rather than a reboot or rerun to re-introduce the series to the new kids? I highly doubt they'll bring this show back because there's really no point at this time.
    If there's really anything that CN should STOP bringing back, it's the Roderick Rules and Planet 51 movies from airing at random times every month.
    I'm a Writer, first. THEN I'm an artist.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I wouldn't call Johnny Test a big success like their other shows, but that's the point I would make. It's doing okay enough air in it's premiere slot and a few other slots like weekend afternoons. A lot of it's slots look like filler, meaning that they had nothing else good to air in it's slot, For a show with over 100 episodes it doesn't get much airtime, especially not as much it did in 2011. I see new shows pushing it's reruns off the schedule in the future.

ILDC is online now Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Here's two things I think will actually happen in 2014:

1. CN will license out its classic shows to Shout! Factory
    2. The CN albums by Rhino will get digital re-releases

Hopefully those aren't too wishful thinky.

Toonatic is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    My predictions:

-Like ILDC suggested, CN will sub-license their classic shows to Shout! Factory starting with Complete Series box sets of Ed, Edd, 'n Eddy and Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends (with the creators' participation)
    -Steven Universe and Uncle Grandpa get renewed
    -Season 1 Box set of The Amazing World of Gumball gets released
    -CN starts using remastered prints of Loony Tunes and Tom and Jerry shorts
    -CN starts showing full screen shows in their corrected format and not in a faux widescreen format
    -CN gets exclusive rights to air the final Star Wars: The Clone Wars episodes (with a DVD/Blu set later on including a DVD/Blu release of the original 2003 Micro-series if, when, or should Warner aquires it from Fox as it was a Cartoon Network production)
    -Powerpuff Girls Movie on Blu-ray (through retail or the Warner Archive)
    -CN will steer away from PG-ratings and instead go the TV-Y7 route (this excludes shows that have the TV-PG rating already)
    -CN starts airing different Looney Tunes shorts including more the pre-48s, one-shots, Speedy Gonzales, and later 60's shorts (DePatie-Freleng, SevenArts)
    -Sonic Boom becomes a huge success and is quickly renewed
    -CN will get TV rights to air Turbo F.A.S.T. in late Fall.

Jazz1000 is offline The One and Only...
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toonatic View Post
    My predictions:
    -CN will get TV rights to air Turbo F.A.S.T. in late Fall.
    Can they air shows that on netflix or hulu?

Goldstar Neo is offline Dat's cold, bro!
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Powerpuff Girls Movie on Blu-ray (through retail or the Warner Archive)
    That's iffy. The PPG movie bombed at the box office, so I don't know if the demand for it is big enough to warrant a Blu-Ray release. Besides, there are some Cartoon-Cartoon series that I'd like to see get full series DVD releases before the PPG movie.

CN will steer away from PG-ratings and instead go the TV-Y7 route (this excludes shows that have the TV-PG rating already)
    There's no reason for Cartoon Network to do that. The TV-PG rating isn't causing the network any problems.

CN starts airing different Looney Tunes shorts including more the pre-48s, one-shots, Speedy Gonzales, and later 60's shorts (DePatie-Freleng, SevenArts)
    Here's hoping...

CN will get TV rights to air Turbo F.A.S.T. in late Fall
    I don't know why that would happen. The movie wasn't a huge success, so there's no real demand for the series.
    The Twin Factor: The Star Twins' blog. Cartoons. Opinions. Riffs. Geeks. Other stuff.

ILDC is online now Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    That's iffy. The PPG movie bombed at the box office, so I don't know if the demand for it is big enough to warrant a Blu-Ray release. Besides, there are some Cartoon-Cartoon series that I'd like to see get full series DVD releases before the PPG movie.
    That's probably why he said Warner Archive.

I don't know why that would happen. The movie wasn't a huge success, so there's no real demand for the series.
    The series might be a huge hit on Netflix, DWA is certainly hoping so, but that hasn't really happened yet.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2