Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Lerkero is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    Rivals shouldn't be judged based on how pleasant their personality is but on how much legit competition they provided to their opponent.

Paul is my favorite rival to Ash because of how Paul and Ash's approaches to raising Pokemon were diametrically opposed. Over the course of their rivalry Paul learned from Ash and Ash learned from Paul. Their final battle was one of the best in the series in my opinion. From what I remember, Paul never cheated and never did anything deceitful. He was just a challenging opponent - irrespective of his off-putting personality.

PC!
    PC! is offline lolwut?
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It gives me the warm fuzzies to hear John Loeffler actually bring back a pop-rock theme for the series as opposed to the cheesy ballad crap he's been giving us since PUSA took over the dubbing. Here's hoping he can start churning out more memorable themes like when he worked for 4Kids.

My webcomic: Zack and Zeke

A heartwarming nonsensical tale comedy of friendship errors between a boy moron and his sarcastic alien

WickedChild is offline Kissing the shadows
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by adyniz View Post
    I saw the following comment on that video, in response to a question about whether AshxSerena would actually have anything to it, but it goes far beyond that. I was wondering if anyone here could provide some insight on if there's anything to it or if it's just a dumb Youtube user who doesn't know what they're talking about:

My personal belief is it's not likely to happen, but considering all the twists story-&-plot-wise this season had, I suppose they will at least imply they'll be together in the future, adding some reference to the japanese legend of the red string of fate if the Anime department decides to continue the series with all the financial problems OLM & The Pokemon Company Japan are actually having.

Although the commong thinking is tending to believe this will be Ash's final saga, cuz Pokemon Anime Production & licensing in Japan has suffered several budget cuts because of the anime popularity breakdown in japan (this means... actualy AniPoke merchandising has very low sales compared to Diamond & Pearl Cycle & Best Wishes pre "11-M-2011 earthquake-plot-twist" period, All Nippon Airlines closed all flights with the Boeing 747-400 Jumbo Pikachu cause of present low rentability & ambiental-technology issues. The new movie is gonna be more short-length than "Mewtwo vs Genesect" cause the budget cut & Pokemon Get TV, the variety show is being made in a more humble & cramped studio compared to former Pokemon Smash Variety Show). If this thing happens, it would be no suprise the Anime department decided to make Ash more badass, giving him a childhood friend & implied love interest turning to "Victorious Childhood friend" in the future (according to TVTropes) and make some "love plots" to develop this relationship (as viewed into eps. 5-6-7. Also, it was confirmed today in CoroCoro that Ep. 12 in Japan will be a "Date & Jealous episode" where the Nymphia trainer threatened Ash to date her if her Nymphia beats her Keromatsu in a battle).
    Is the Pokemon anime really struggling in Japan? Given the response to BW it wouldn't shock me. I would actual hope that it were true since it would likely be the only way we'll see true change. But given the level of animation XY seems to have, it doesn't make much sense.

Light Lucario is offline Moderator
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WickedChild View Post
    I saw the following comment on that video, in response to a question about whether AshxSerena would actually have anything to it, but it goes far beyond that. I was wondering if anyone here could provide some insight on if there's anything to it or if it's just a dumb Youtube user who doesn't know what they're talking about:

Is the Pokemon anime really struggling in Japan? Given the response to BW it wouldn't shock me. I would actual hope that it were true since it would likely be the only way we'll see true change. But given the level of animation XY seems to have, it doesn't make much sense.
    I haven't heard anything like that regarding the Pokemon anime struggling in Japan. The merchandise sales haven't been drastically lower at least from what I can tell. I don't think that they've announced the next movie's length either, so I wouldn't take what he said here seriously. Especially with the whole Ash's last saga bit. Pretty much everyone who wants him to leave always say that the current series is his last one, so that weakens his credibility to me quite a bit.

Terror of Death is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WickedChild View Post
    As with everything on the internet pertaining to how poorly a franchise is doing, if the person doesn't bother to provide a source they're mostly likely talking out of their arse.

Anyway, I'm really stoked for XY. The first two episodes were the most fun I had watching the anime in forever so I'm cautiously optimistic this series will be a return to the good ol' AG & DP days. Even though I hated BW I was kind of mad the last eight or so episodes were never added to Cartoon Network On Demand. Hopefully XY will be up there shortly after it premieres.

Megumi is offline ★ No One's Dream Anymore ☆
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    A remastered movie one? Maybe the CGI scenes on New Island won't be as bad to look at.

I'm excited for XY to premiere. I skipped past Best Wishes since I expected it to not be as good as Diamond and Pearl (and it seems to have been the case for the most part), so with the rave reviews XY is getting, I'm definitely looking forward to it.

adyniz is offline Surgeon of Death
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    ... if the Anime department decides to continue the series with all the financial problems OLM & The Pokemon Company Japan are actually having.

Although the commong thinking is tending to believe this will be Ash's final saga, cuz Pokemon Anime Production & licensing in Japan has suffered several budget cuts because of the anime popularity breakdown in japan (this means... actualy AniPoke merchandising has very low sales compared to Diamond & Pearl Cycle & Best Wishes pre "11-M-2011 earthquake-plot-twist" period, All Nippon Airlines closed all flights with the Boeing 747-400 Jumbo Pikachu cause of present low rentability & ambiental-technology issues.
    Source, please?
    Yes, BW did not do well in terms of ratings (TV Tokyo) but that's all. I haven't heard anything like that from any other fans (especially those who live in Japan).

The new movie is gonna be more short-length than "Mewtwo vs Genesect" cause the budget cut.
    Budge cut? I guess this person hasn't actually watched XY. The animation is phenomenal. I highly doubt the budget cut part. if you ask me, it's the other way around.

If this thing happens, it would be no suprise the Anime department decided to make Ash more badass, giving him a childhood friend & implied love interest turning to "Victorious Childhood friend" in the future (according to TVTropes) and make some "love plots" to develop this relationship (as viewed into eps. 5-6-7.
    Also, it was confirmed today in CoroCoro that Ep. 12 in Japan will be a "Date & Jealous episode" where the Nymphia trainer threatened Ash to date her if her Nymphia beats her Keromatsu in a battle).
    Threatened? I want to know if the magazine blurb actually said threatened or not.
    Famitsu magazine came out yesterday and this was the summary:
    Spoiler:
    (thanks to Bluesun for translating it)
    "'Satoshi and friends find their Pokemon are very popular at the nursery, but not all the children will go near them. Why are they afraid of Pokemon?!' - 'If I win, then go out with me!' -- Premier's Nymphia and Satoshi's Keromatsu battle!!"

Sounds more like a challenge than a threat... But I guess we'll have to wait for the official airing to find out.

As for making the shipping canonical, the only reason that I can think of is that the writers wanted to try something different, that's all... But that's just my opinion.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I just know that when Team Rocket disguise themselves, a lot of people on YouTube will complain about it like there's no tomorrow! It makes me sick!

Light Lucario is offline Moderator
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alonso Torrejon View Post
    I just know that when Team Rocket disguise themselves, a lot of people on YouTube will complain about it like there's no tomorrow! It makes me sick!
    I'd just ignore YouTube comments. It's a lot easier and less stressful that way. Besides that, in my experience, most of the comments on sites like YouTube come from people who aren't familiar with the more recent series and are just making up stuff, such as that person WickedChild quoted before.

PokemonTVDub is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alonso Torrejon View Post
    They should've kept the modern animation that started since "Here's Lookin' at You, Elekid!".
    Are you kidding me? That animation is nothing compared to the animation seen in XY.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast