Follow Us:
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
    SaneMan is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!

Quote Originally Posted by HG Revolution View Post
    It played a part for Young Justice. Dini said so. Too many of the viewers were girls for CN's taste so they canned it,
    I think you may be confusing it with Tower Prep here

HG Revolution is offline Truth (with crazy opinions!)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SaneMan

I think you may be confusing it with Tower Prep here
    No, he also mentions Young Justice in the interview that started this fury.
    I'm a writer at a new Boston blog: http://the-lfb.com/author/rbaron/
    I also directed this short film: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uu2ruy_z9io

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    No, he also mentions Young Justice in the interview that started this fury.
    Yeah, but I think he used his experience with Tower Prep as the basis for his opinion

W.C.Reaf is online now Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldstar Neo View Post
    Green Lantern: TAS and Young Justice were canceled because kids weren't buying the toys, and also because CN barely promoted either show, stuck them in between repeats and rarely (if ever) aired encore broadcasts of either during the week. CN's gender bias didn't play a part in either series' cancellation.
    They go into CN's "Only wanting stupid boy humour" mentality. GLTAS and YJ were also pretty female friendly, I've seen a lot of girls like both shows.

It also falls back on what Dini was talking about with his Tower Prep series; where some of the network executives did complain about the show focusing on some of the female characters rather than being totally male focused. In the second half of GLTAS the plot was heavily focused on Aya, the only female main character. YJ also gave their female characters a lot of focus, some just as much as the male characters, and others more than male characters.

If we are to believe CN wants to focus solely on boy focused narratives with "goofy boy humour" then GLTAS, YJ, and Beware the Batman (which also has a heavy focus on female main character, Katana), would all fall into something CN doesn't want to show. It might not be the sole reason they were cancelled, but it does fit with what Dini was saying.
    The Reaf Debrief My site for my reviews and articles of comics, cartoons, and riffing on nostalgia.
    Currently up:
    Captain America: Winter Soldier Review
    Repercussions of Captain America: Winter Soldier

hobbyfan is online now Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Enough. Let's just get rid of the people in charge (i.e. Snyder, Sorcher, Bewkes, et al) who are responsible for CN being the dregs of children's networks. As I've noted, WB would be well-served, since CN won't play ball with action cartoons, to pitch any future action series----and, yes, I'd throw Scooby-Doo in there, too, just to see how that plays out---to networks other than CN. I'm pretty sure the Hub would be very, very happy, and so would Nick.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by W.C.Reaf View Post
    They go into CN's "Only wanting stupid boy humour" mentality. GLTAS and YJ were also pretty female friendly, I've seen a lot of girls like both shows.

It also falls back on what Dini was talking about with his Tower Prep series; where some of the network executives did complain about the show focusing on some of the female characters rather than being totally male focused. In the second half of GLTAS the plot was heavily focused on Aya, the only female main character. YJ also gave their female characters a lot of focus, some just as much as the male characters, and others more than male characters.

If we are to believe CN wants to focus solely on boy focused narratives with "goofy boy humour" then GLTAS, YJ, and Beware the Batman (which also has a heavy focus on female main character, Katana), would all fall into something CN doesn't want to show. It might not be the sole reason they were cancelled, but it does fit with what Dini was saying.
    The question is, wouldn't that mean that Adventure Time would have to go as well?
    Cause that show does the exact same things.

Sure, it's more comedy oriented, but it's FAR from purely male focused

It seems to me that they have more of an issue with expensive shows that just don't make their money back

Quote Originally Posted by hobbyfan View Post
    Enough. Let's just get rid of the people in charge (i.e. Snyder, Sorcher, Bewkes, et al) who are responsible for CN being the dregs of children's networks. As I've noted, WB would be well-served, since CN won't play ball with action cartoons, to pitch any future action series----and, yes, I'd throw Scooby-Doo in there, too, just to see how that plays out---to networks other than CN. I'm pretty sure the Hub would be very, very happy, and so would Nick.
    Disney and Nick aren't any better

Remember how Motor City and Tron ended?

HG Revolution is offline Truth (with crazy opinions!)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SaneMan

The question is, wouldn't that mean that Adventure Time would have to go as well?
    Cause that show does the exact same things.

Sure, it's more comedy oriented, but it's FAR from purely male focused
    It seems there's a double standard where action shows need to be selling toys for boys but comedy shows are allowed to be more gender-neutral and not focus on merchandise.
    I'm a writer at a new Boston blog: http://the-lfb.com/author/rbaron/
    I also directed this short film: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uu2ruy_z9io

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It seems there's a double standard where action shows need to be selling toys for boys but comedy shows are allowed to be more gender-neutral and not focus on merchandise.
    I assume the marketing aspect is the key point here
    but that would also suggest that it's the toy companies that are to blame, rather than the network

I mean, just look over at Disney/Marvel how by the book cliche their action shows are (and how they don't seem to be going anywhere)

hobbyfan is online now Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SaneMan View Post

Disney and Nick aren't any better

Remember how Motor City and Tron ended?
    No, because I didn't follow either show. I get what you're saying. I didn't even consider Disney, if you read my note.

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15