Gatordragon is online now Lock and load, baby!
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

TALKBACK - Dragons: Defenders of Berk - "View to a Skrill -- Parts 1 and 2" - [12/5]

Like This Thread!

Episodes 30-31

View to a Skrill -- Parts 1 and 2
    premieres
    TONIGHT at 7:30 PM

This week...
    Bucket and Mulch accidentally discover a Skrill, and its up to the gang to save it from the Beserkers. Tuffnut goes undercover to help the gang rescue a Skrill captured by the Beserkers.

Gatordragon is online now Lock and load, baby!
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    These episodes were pretty good. A one hour special before the holidays is a great idea. Shame that there's no reruns of this as far as I know.

That frozen skrill reminds me of how Gobber found the boneknapper in that How to Train Your Dragon short, Legend of the Boneknapper Dragon.

I get excited when a new dragon appears too, Fishlegs. Though I don't get as wild as you.

Nikola Tesla would like the skrill. I'm nicknaming it Tazer.

Heh, that zap to Snotlout's noggin is making him speak The Sims language.

Oh snap, Alvin's back. All we need is the Screaming Death and it'll be a villain reunion.

I wouldn't go flying in the middle of a lightning storm, Hiccup. Especially with a big, metal shield strapped to my back.

Tuffnut's tree disguise works great. I was just as confused as Hiccup.

I knew it! I knew Dagur and Alvin would team up. I wanted this to happen for so long.

Tuffnut is actually doing a good undercover job. It helps that the guys he's fooling are not that bright.

Good news, Tuffnut: Dagur says he won't chop your legs off! That got a good laugh out of me.

Welp, the dastardly duo backstabbed each other. They had a nice fight scene. I like how Dagur uses the skrill like a doomsday weapon.

I don't think Alvin's dead. I wanna see a body first.

You lose again, Dagur. Hoist by your own petard.

And to the ice the skrill returns.

Man, that ending. Dagur is absolutely pissed.
    Last edited by Gatordragon; 12-06-2013 at 01:49 PM. Reason: Misspelling.

Raelynn from Awesomenauts

"What do I feel when I shoot an enemy? Recoil."

Skills: Protoblaster, Timerift, Snipe, Six Million Solar Human Jump

ShadowBeast is offline Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Okay I think something froze over and I'm not talking about the Skrill, Are the twins smarter then we thought they were? I loved this episode, the story was great the action was great and I liked how it had alot focus with the twins (though Ruffnut still needs more plot). We all know Alvin isn't dead and I really hope he gets back at Dagur. Now who does everyone would think would win in a fight? Screaming Death or a Skrill?

Izzombie is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It's a good job what they did with the Twins. They're not smarter (that would be out of character), but they're more useful, because what Hiccup needed was what they were good at. It's funny how much fun Tuffnut had with his enemies, And I agree, Ruffnut needs more plot, all the episodes that are "putting the twins in the spotlight" are actually putting only Tuff on the spott and Ruff is still his satellite character.

But about the Skrill. What a dragon! I loved everything about the Skrill, he was strong, he was wild, I liked about how Dagur could control him, but didn't tamed or trained him. I loved his power and the lightnings. One of the coolest dragons so far. Shame that they're "I never met one before" status makes unlikely that we'll see another one soon.

And Dagur was awesome. Taking Alvin down so he can claim the title of "main villain of the series" to himself. Off course Alvin is alive, but now he don't have the Outcasts anymore. (maybe now that Alvin don't have anything else to attack Berk, since Dagur took it all, it's his best opportunity to actually bond and train a Dragon and become the next Dragon Rider of the series. Really, I really want to see more characters become Dragon Riders in the future, wasn't that the whole point? Vikings and Dragons fighting together, after Hiccup revolution and the foundation of Dragon Academy the only VIking that ever tamed a Dragon was Stoic... Alvin would be a nice 7th Viking)

Light Lucario is offline Moderator
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    I finally got a chance to see these episodes and I thought that they were great. The Skrill had a terrific design and I liked its powers. That made it even more problematic for the characters to deal with. Dagur and Alvin teaming up only to want to destroy each other once they got what they wanted was predictable, but seeing two villains together was pretty cool. I'm liking the twins getting more focus, much more than I thought I would, but I agree that Ruffnut needs more plot. Tuff has been the only one to really get attention when they focus on the twins and considering he already had some time to shine just a few episodes ago, giving this role to Ruffnut wouldn't have hurt. Still, I like that they show that the twins can be useful, despite how they aren't really too smart.

The action was great throughout both parts. It was intense and engaging to watch. While Alvin is most likely still alive, I honestly wouldn't mind if he was written off of the show for good. He can be impressive during a fight, but even then, Alvin has been losing my interest as the villain for awhile. Dagur comes off as a better villain since he can still come off as bit intimidating outside of battle, especially after this two-parter, and I think he has a better design than Alvin does too. It should be interesting how Alvin responds to losing his army if he ever appears again. Overall, I thought that these were great episodes, easily the best ones the show has aired in a long time for me. I'm hoping that the next new episode will be fun to watch too.