Follow Us:
    Jazz1000 is offline The One and Only...
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Exchange Student Zero & Monster Beach News & Discussion Thread

Like This Thread!

Media Research Asia.com - Cartoon Network Commissions APAC Shows For Global
    it also said that these shows will air "internationally" so i assume there coming to CN USA

Exchange Student Zero (13x22’) tells the story of two boys who bring an anime character from a fantasy card game to life and pass him off as an exchange student. However, Hiro wreaks havoc amongst his western styled animated world. Attempts to return him back to the game result in even more anime characters being released with disastrous results. The series tagline is: “300 super-powered cards. Two different worlds. One crazy adventure.”

Monster Beach (1x70’) is also a BES production. The special tells the story about surfing, scary locals and two kids battling to save their worst nightmare. Silas Hickey, Turner’s Creative Director – Animation, based in Hong Kong, is executive producer for both productions.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It does say internationally. Depends on whether or not CN US wants to pick up the shows. CN has picked up Gumball from CN Studios Europe. Maybe. Just maybe.

King_of_doom is offline kiva fan
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Exchange Student Zero reminds me of Kappa Mikey except this time the anime characters are in the western world. The designs don't look that bad, both anime and western look good. Just lets see if the story is good.

Just saw that ESZ is a movie and this is the first animated Australian made production to be commissioned by the Cartoon Network. Gotta say it's not bad but i'm noticing it will have Toilet Humor which i'm not that fond for it.
    You'll never get credit for my discovery,Who's going to believe a talking head? Get a job in a sideshow*Herbert West*

Deadpool: They replace Megas XLR for this!? Man where’s the world coming to

Matt Hazuda is offline Nerfariously planning Zombie Bites Champion
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Link to the official CN Asia site for the show and one for the character designs since some people just assume people will know where to look.

Without looking at the character names, I thought the redheaded lead was a girl when I saw the header image. This is gonna make from some really awkward images online if the show gains popularity. There's also a larger version of that image on Variety's article for the shows.

Also an even-larger version of the PR image all alone.

Edit: Even more stuff.+

Official Exchange Student Zero blog (not updated in nearly a year)

Trailer for the show (making me doubt it will make it to the US without a redub).

Yup. It's a signature. Go away if you're expecting something interesting here.

Dudley is offline <- Watch the cartoon!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Hazuda View Post
    Link to the official CN Asia site for the show and one for the character designs since some people just assume people will know where to look. Without looking at the character names, I thought the redheaded lead was a girl when I saw the header image. This is gonna make from some really awkward images online if the show gains popularity. There's also a larger version of that image on Variety's article for the shows. Also an even-larger version of the PR image all alone. Edit: Even more stuff.+ Official Exchange Student Zero blog (not updated in nearly a year) Trailer for the show (making me doubt it will make it to the US without a redub). Video Link: http://youtu.be/TrXhW9u6uK4
    Well, it looks like it could be fun. I'm willing to give it a shot.

Conroy reviews Family Guy
    (Last episode)

Goldstar Neo is offline Dat's cold, bro!
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I have to second what King of Doom already said. Exchange Student Zero sounds a bit like Kappa Mikey , only in school, and likewise, I thought that the "real world" lead character John was a girl until I read his bio. And while it's nice that the main household has 2 parents for once, I'm not happy by the fact that once again we have a sister character who serves as one of the show's antagonists. However, it's not yet known if ESZ will be coming to Cartoon Network US at all at this point, so I'll refrain from commentary until/unless it's confirmed that the series will be coming to the States.
    The Twin Factor: The Star Twins' blog. Cartoons. Opinions. Riffs. Geeks. Other stuff.

Kevin the Geek is offline Golem fan
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I like the premise of Exchange Student Zero. I hope it'll someday air on the American Cartoon Network.
    My DVD/Blu-ray collection: http://kevin-the-geek.filmaf.com/

Formerly known as Comic Guy

The ShopSoldier is offline DISGRACED, yet CONFIDENT...
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah, the whole Nuclear family thing Goldstar Neo is ranting on with great justification - not feeling this show after hearing and learning all that.
    Tropes that are ruining Western/European Animation (and any animes involving school):
    Spoiler:
    1. Twins and/or Rich Kids as antagonists; Bullies in general. 2. Annoying jerk sibling characters and/or General sibling characters who hate each others' guts. 3. Hidden Caucasian male dominance (usually subverted to be female in anime, which can be equally as bad – and a real turnoff in general!).

RandomMe is online now Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    I'm so in love with Exchange Student Zero. I love the premise! And it's a reverse version of Kappa Mikey.
    ESZ is proof that Australia can make good cartoons!

King_of_doom is offline kiva fan
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Saw a commercial of Latin America that they will show Exchange Student Zero on Sunday, January 5 after a marathon of Teen Titans Go.
    You'll never get credit for my discovery,Who's going to believe a talking head? Get a job in a sideshow*Herbert West*

Deadpool: They replace Megas XLR for this!? Man where’s the world coming to

Radical is online now The Face of Evilness & Sadism!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Both Exchange Student Zero and Monster Beach will be my next favorite epic new Cartoon Network movies/shows.Cool that Exchange Student Zero is like a reverse Kappa Mikey as much as I enjoyed Kappa Mikey which cartoons having anime characters in it is always awesome/fun.I'll enjoy the new villains from both Exchange Student Zero/Monster Beach which Exchange Student Zero has an evil jerkette sister antagonist/villainess, sweet, she'll be way worse than Judith "Judy" Funnie(Doug)/Shelley Marsh/Dee Dee/Vicky/Princess Azula/Candace Flynn/Brianna Buttowski/Trina put together who were pretty epic/entertaining for me, except for Candace Flynn who gets on my nerves.
    Last edited by Radical; 01-06-2014 at 05:46 AM.

Mariana is offline Member
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Well, ESZ premiered today on all Latin American feeds (my feed is from Brazil). The animation is poor and the movie didn't made sense for me.

They don't explain well the Game Card based on the movie, only the characters are summoned in a row if your card touch the floor. Someday CN LA/MX/AR/BR will launch a webgame available on the Asian websites if you want to play.

I hope to see the regular serie soon to judge it better. ._. And watch a rerun of the movie in 17/01!