Search the Site:
Follow Us:
    {Shadow} is offline Toonami - Saturdays 11:30p-6a! Blosics 3 Champion Angry Animals Champion
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

TALKBACK - Regular Show - "Terror Tales of the Park III" - [10/21]

Like This Thread!

Episodes 124 & 125 - - Numbers 508 & 509

Terror Tales of the Park III
    premieres
    TONIGHT at 7:30 PM
    repeats
    [see schedule]

This week...
    The guys throw a Halloween party where they see who can tell the scariest story.

King_of_doom is offline kiva fan
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Cool! Thought there wasn't a Terror Tales this year since no one announced it except for a Thanksgiving special. Nice to know they are doing something similar to Treehouse of Horror tho hope this one is better then the last one, the 2nd TTotP wasn't that good.
    You'll never get credit for my discovery,Who's going to believe a talking head? Get a job in a sideshow*Herbert West*

Deadpool: They replace Megas XLR for this!? Man where’s the world coming to

drag908 is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by King_of_doom View Post
    Cool! Thought there wasn't a Terror Tales this year since no one announced it except for a Thanksgiving special. Nice to know they are doing something similar to Treehouse of Horror tho hope this one is better then the last one, the 2nd TTotP wasn't that good.
    It was in the October Premiere Info thread.

King_of_doom is offline kiva fan
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by drag908 View Post
    It was in the October Premiere Info thread.
    Yeah.....i only followed the news when CN greenlight RS for another season and the only special they mention was the Thanksgiving special.
    You'll never get credit for my discovery,Who's going to believe a talking head? Get a job in a sideshow*Herbert West*

Deadpool: They replace Megas XLR for this!? Man where’s the world coming to

Anyone00 is offline The Moltar-Snork
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm thankful for that large paper bag.
    Joris: Your story makes me want to have a little brother, Papycha. Isn't that weird?
    Kerubim: Don't worry, Jojo. You have your whole life to meet new brothers. Some you will choose, others will ruin your life, and others still will make it worth living...

trance2009 is online now Fun to play with not to eat
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Muscle Man's story was pretty creepy.

"Gotta have my Pops!"

I swear to God that made me bust out laughing.

Gatordragon is online now El Zombino - level 1
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    This Halloween special was actually somewhat interesting. My interest in this show is still low, though.

Give a bed false sense of security and when it thinks it's safe, throw it on the freakin' axe!

The second story was like something out of a shoddy old horror movie. And just like a shoddy old horror movie, this one was boring.

The third one was pretty good. The "Gotta have my Pops," line made me laugh.

El Zombino of the Huracan clan from Urban Rivals

For little brother, Jorgito, life is above all a tale of opportunities. So what better time to put this to the test than during the Festival of the Dead in Los Santos? Jorgito and his sister have concluded that, OK, you may not be able to negotiate with death, but you can make some damn good money out of it!

WMania is offline Check Out My Avatar Thread!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Worst one of these yet, but it was still pretty decent. My favorite was the 1st. The 3rd was just meh.

Toon4Thought is offline Giving a slightly closer look.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Okay, so the first halloween special they did felt like, at least for me, little more than random segments of the series slapped together (in fact, I believe they did air as standalone segments afterward).
    The second one was a bit more fitting for the occasion, with some genuine creepiness to be found (especially in the second segment and wraparound).
    This one is probably my favorite of the three, simply because it's easily the scariest.

(first two 'titles' are just placeholders until I can remember the actual ones)
    Bed Killer: Manages to be both creepy and funny at the same time. This makes it kind of bipolar in a sense, but I still enjoyed it enough.
    Pumpkin: Doesn't start off very strong, but that husband's scheme does prove to be pretty darn menacing. And they do manage to slip a laugh in at the end, so it works.
    The Previous Owner: Probably the most intriguing one. This one also mixes creepiness and humor, but in this case the latter just supports the dark stuff. I also like how we actually get one told by Benson, especially how the wraparound concludes as a result.

I wouldn't list any of these segments as among my favorites in the series, but combined they definitely make for the best halloween special thus far IMO.

WickedChild is online now Kissing the shadows
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Anyone notice that Thomas was wearing the Pizza outfit here? I remember seeing that in the bounty hunter episode when he walked in the room and walked right out. I remember thinking it was random and funny, and just figured it was supposed to be some random lame job he had to do because he was the intern, like to promote the concession stand or something. Now after this episode it makes more sense, he might have been still wearing it after losing the bet. Was this episode supposed to air before the bounty hunter one? It's still pretty funny, just in a different way.

ShadowGUN is offline Hey listen!!!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Anyone notice in the opening Techmo' Halloween costume was Spike from Cowboy Bebop? I saw what you did there Regular Show .

Anyway nice episode. My favorite had to be Muscleman pumpkin story. Really creepy.
    "Toonami:Tougher than the Best,Stronger than the Rest."

TOONAMI LIVES (5/26/12)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toon4Thought View Post
    Okay, so the first halloween special they did felt like, at least for me, little more than random segments of the series slapped together (in fact, I believe they did air as standalone segments afterward).
    I caught one of them a month or so ago. It was the third segment of the first one. And it had its own title card to match the rest of the Regular Show cartoons. I'll have to look it over again and see if there was any unique stuff in it.

I haven't watched the brand new one yet. (They did show a preview clip from it back in August when they had the "Big Fan Weekend" marathon.)

Leads me to a question: Over the last few months I've been trying to collect the various Regular Shows (I bought the Seasons 1 and 2 DVD set). I have noticed that for the longer "special" ones, like the Christmas one, the Halloween ones and last year's season premiere ("Exit 9B"), they don't seem to be repeating those in rotation with the rest. Well, I just picked up the three Halloween ones, and I'm guessing the Christmas one might show up around the holidays, but how about "Exit 9B," where the park gets destroyed? I missed it first time around, am I out of luck?

Of course, once I get them all, that's when the rest of them will come out on BluRay!

Toon4Thought is offline Giving a slightly closer look.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark The Shark View Post
    How about "Exit 9B," where the park gets destroyed? I missed it first time around, am I out of luck?
    I honestly have no idea why they never air this one, seeing as how it isn't seasonal like the other half-hour episodes. (It's my favorite episode of the series, too... isn't that a sad coincidence) You could buy it off Amazon or iTunes, though.