Search the Site:
Follow Us:
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Izzombie is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!

The only reason that Heather wasn't so bad is that Alejandro took pretty much all her focus and she didn't had time to try to sabotage another contestant. She was as mean as in TDI, but with more important priorities. She was surprised herself when Cody told her she was the good guy, she didn't see that one coming.

And I don't see nothing wrong in a villain, winning the competition. In the end the million was taken by Zeke and felt in a vocano, so there were no actual reward. Alejandro suffered his humiliation, and karma always kicks in for the villains. But is still a competition, and I still enjoy see the one who actually plays the game winning sometimes, as much as seeing the friendly one winning sometimes. Adds a taste of "anyone can win". Besides it was boring know that Dick Dastardly would never win a Wacky Race no matter how much the other racers cheated to, because they were nice and he was an *******.

And since the greatest evil in the show is also the one that get less punishment on the course of the series (Chris), I don't think the show is trying to actually pass any kind of message.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowBeast View Post
    Except Heather wasn't so bad in TDWT and even Cody said that she was the good-guy which got her determined to beat Alejandro.
    Well compared to Alejandro yes she was the good guy. But thats like saying a bank robber is a good guy compared to a mass murderer, she was just the lesser of two evils. Had Cody or anyone (except Duncan) been Heather's opponent she wouldn't have referred to as "the good guy". Sure she didn't do anything to bad in World Tour but what about TDI? I don't think someone who did all the stuff Heather did should be allowed to win a later season, much less one that should've been eliminated prior. It's the exact reason why I don't believe Courtney and Scott should ever be allowed to win a season.

ShadowBeast is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Izzombie View Post
    The only reason that Heather wasn't so bad is that Alejandro took pretty much all her focus and she didn't had time to try to sabotage another contestant. She was as mean as in TDI, but with more important priorities. She was surprised herself when Cody told her she was the good guy, she didn't see that one coming.
    Heather wasn't even close to as mean as she was in TDI and Alejandro didn't really take all her focus she just knew not to trust him.

Quote Originally Posted by PhenomsServant4 View Post
    Well compared to Alejandro yes she was the good guy. But thats like saying a bank robber is a good guy compared to a mass murderer, she was just the lesser of two evils. Had Cody or anyone (except Duncan) been Heather's opponent she wouldn't have referred to as "the good guy". Sure she didn't do anything to bad in World Tour but what about TDI? I don't think someone who did all the stuff Heather did should be allowed to win a later season, much less one that should've been eliminated prior. It's the exact reason why I don't believe Courtney and Scott should ever be allowed to win a season.
    But she wasn't really evil in TDWT, she didn't have to warn Leshawna about Al and she didn't have to get Sierra a wheel chair.
    And really just because she was mean and nasty in TDI doesn't mean she can't change, Look at Courtney she was nice in TDI (bossy but still nice) but in TDA she was as bad as Heather in TDI (without the concept of stradegy).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    She tried to warn LeShawna so she would stop Al's strategy, not for the sake of LeShawna. She tried to use Sierra as a Pawn from the beggining to the end, but Sierra knew to much about how this works to fall for Heather. She compete with Al about who would manipulate DJ first. She still tried to find any reason to kick Gwen out of the game (and only turn to Gwen's side when Courtney starting throwing the challenges messing with the Team Amazon's invincibilities and first class rights), and she made a deal with Al to eliminate Duncan. She still was as mean as ever. The only difference was: she didn't backstab nobody in the season because nobody in the season ever trusted her (except Alejandro in the finale).

Heather suffered more this season, in TDI the game was less sadistic, and she had support, in TDWT she had no support, and the game already was in the level were losing a tooth wasn't a big deal, so this gives us the impression she is being a victim, since no one ever take her side, she didn't had a Lindsay to help her in the game, she had nothing except a couple fake eliminations to keep her in the game. In the final 3, there were people that new Alejandro was evil, and still rooted for him instead of Heather. Her supported team had no one untill Cody entered her team (only to get back at Alejandro). And still she took to herself the mission to defeat Alejandro. Not because he was evil, but because he was an obstacle. And that's another thing I like in the finale. I really felt Heather, struggle for that victory. Unlike Owen that was simply never eliminated because everybody liked him, or Cody that was carried to the Final 3 in Sierras's back. Heather get far because she was obstinated, she put everything she got in that season. From the 8 possible winners of Total Drama, her million was the one with the most sweat on it.

And that contrasts a lot with her in TDI when Lindsay and Beth did all her work util both of them get the boot. Maybe this makes her look more heroic, but it' s not a change of personality, just a change of context.

ShadowBeast is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Izzombie View Post
    She tried to warn LeShawna so she would stop Al's strategy, not for the sake of LeShawna. She tried to use Sierra as a Pawn from the beggining to the end, but Sierra knew to much about how this works to fall for Heather. She compete with Al about who would manipulate DJ first. She still tried to find any reason to kick Gwen out of the game (and only turn to Gwen's side when Courtney starting throwing the challenges messing with the Team Amazon's invincibilities and first class rights), and she made a deal with Al to eliminate Duncan. She still was as mean as ever. The only difference was: she didn't backstab nobody in the season because nobody in the season ever trusted her (except Alejandro in the finale)

And that contrasts a lot with her in TDI when Lindsay and Beth did all her work util both of them get the boot. Maybe this makes her look more heroic, but it' s not a change of personality, just a change of context.
    Sierra was eliminated, so like I said Heather didn't have to go looking for a wheel chair for her.
    Heather definitely nicer in TDWT then she was in TDI.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The weelchair was because she felt sorry for Sierra since she's been in her place (being bald in national tv), but hey, it's nothing she wouldn't do in TDI... Remember when DJ was eliminated and she was part of the group hug they made to him?

Also even Alejandro was worried by Sierra's injury, it was a serious injury, they're jerks, but they almost never want to hurt anyone in the physical sense (exceptions being Courtney who really wanted to hurt Gwen, and Alejandro defeating Cody, wich is just what made him "worst than heather" in the eyes of everyone but Courtney),

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The context of Heather as Alejandro's primary opposition made her work as a finalist, for me. It's easier to root for the Dick Dastardlies and Wile E. Coyotes of the world when they're constantly being outshone by opponents who don't really have to try. (Also one of Dastardly's opponents was an organized crime syndicate ... but I digress.) I think it mostly comes down to rooting for the underdog, really, though I see where issues with characters like Owen, Beth, and Cody come from (none of whom really got much development for most if not all of their "main" season).

Destroying the money felt like trying to have their cake and eat it, though. Probably the most obvious case of why they should throw out the "multiple winners" concept, though every season has suffered from it in some way or another.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3