Quantcast
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Light Lucario is offline Moderator
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    Quote Originally Posted by NovelleX View Post
    How do we know that the series won't start up at episode 3 once December comes along?
    Because they've clearly labeled these two episodes of XY as a sneak peek, not the series premiere. They wouldn't just skip the first two episodes of the new series after BW ends just to get to the third episode. Not everyone in the target audience may be able to see the sneak peek airing either. Besides that, they aired the first three episodes of DP as a sneak peek if I recall correctly when D/P were released and they still aired them when the series premiered proper. It also doesn't seem like a good idea to skip the first two episodes regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by NovelleX
    Either way, Saturday is going to be a hectic morning. There's a normal episode in the morning, the movie in the afternoon, and then the two XY episodes following it. Talkback thread organization will be outrageous.
    There will be a lot of Pokemon on Saturday, which will be awesome.

In retrospect, despite the title referring to her and the fact that she brings the first two Kalos Pokemon in the anime, this episode really didn't focus much on Alexa. Once they got into the Pokemon Sumo competition, she was pretty much in the background and even before that, they just focused on her work as a Pokemon Journalist. It's a bit of an odd choice for someone who temporarily joins the group, even if she is just a walking advertisement for X/Y.

NovelleX is offline Destroyer of Threads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Light Lucario View Post
    There will be a lot of Pokemon on Saturday, which will be awesome.
    In addition to your talkback thread predicament, I would suggest making the usual BW thread (which is unrelated to the movie/XY event later in the day.) and then create a thread dedicated to both the movie and sneak peeks.

As for me and the episode three business, that's more of wishful thinking on my part that we don't fall too far behind on Japan airings again, which is what reels in impatient people into subs than dubs. Personally in December, I'd like it if they'd re-run the first two episodes, and then a third one afterward just to keep up. But that just seems too pipe dreamish to be true.
    "It wasn't worth it."

Light Lucario is offline Moderator
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NovelleX View Post
    In addition to your talkback thread predicament, I would suggest making the usual BW thread (which is unrelated to the movie/XY event later in the day.) and then create a thread dedicated to both the movie and sneak peeks.
    I appreciate the suggestion, but I think that there is enough in both the movie and sneak peeks to warrant giving them individual threads. Otherwise, I think that the thread would be a bit too crowded. At most, I would create just one thread for the sneak peek instead of two for the individual episodes, but I most likely won't do that.

Quote Originally Posted by NovelleX
    As for me and the episode three business, that's more of wishful thinking on my part that we don't fall too far behind on Japan airings again, which is what reels in impatient people into subs than dubs. Personally in December, I'd like it if they'd re-run the first two episodes, and then a third one afterward just to keep up. But that just seems too pipe dreamish to be true.
    It's not like the gap is currently that big or that it would get significantly bigger if they didn't go straight to the third episode in December after BW finishes up. The people who would go for the subs than the dubs because they're impatient aren't really in the target demographic anyway and I highly doubt that Cartoon Network/TPCI care about appealing to them that much, so I don't think that's much of an issue. I could see them airing the first two episodes together again in December, but most likely would wait until the following week to air the third episode since I don't know if Cartoon Network would want Pokemon to take up three slots on their Saturday morning lineup. Either way, I don't think it's going to make the gap significantly bigger, especially when it's already pretty small as it is. If the gap was more like how it was back when 4Kids was dubbing the show, I could understand this concern more as the gap was about a year's worth of episodes. But now the gap is about ten episodes, including the two XY episodes airing later this week. I don't think we need to worry about the gap at this point.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12