Search the Site:
Follow Us:
    Light Lucario is online now Moderator
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

CN Talkback: Pokemon BW Adventures In Unova And Beyond: "Capacia Island UFO!" [10/5]

Like This Thread!

Join Ash, Pikachu and all of their friends as they prepare for the Unova League and then even more adventures through the Unova region.

Recently:
    After battling with Reshiram, Ash and his friends were able to free it from Team Plasma's control.
    Team Plasma was arrested and N decided to travel with Anthea and Concordia.
    Ash and his friends decide to leave for the Kanto region and begin their travels through the Decolore Islands.
    Ash and his friends run into Professor Oak and he captures a Rotom for his research.

Last Time:
    "Searching For A Wish!"
    As Ash and his friends camp on rocky Capacia Island, they discover the legendary Pokemon Jirachi. A local of the island wants Jirachi to grant her wish to return Capacia Island to is former green glory, but Jirachi is shy around all of these people and Pokemon. Team Rocket's attempt to steal Jirachi doesn't help matters either. Can Ash and his friends protect Jirachi so that it can grant this wish?

This Time:
    "Capacia Island UFO!"
    Saturday, October, 5th, 8:30am Eastern
    Encore: Sunday, October, 13th, 8:30am Eastern
    Continuing on their journey, Ash and his friends come across what appears to be an Amulet Coin among what looks to be a broken flying saucer. As soon as they pick it up, a group of Beheeyem appear and affect the nearby town with a condition. Only Ash and Team Rocket are unaffected. Can Ash and Team Rocket put their differences aside to help save everyone?

Notes:
    The 16th season of Pokemon is here to finish promoting the fifth generation.
    Pokemon X and Y will be released worldwide on October 12th, which is next week!
    Mega Charizard X, another version exclusive Mega Pokemon, has been revealed.
    A distribution for a special Torchic will start on October 12th.
    A new series called Pocket Monsters XY will air on October 17th in Japan and Ash will, of course, still be the main lead.
    Serena, Clemont and Bonnie are also confirmed to be cast members in the new XY series.
    Cartoon Network will air Genesect and the Legend Awaken on October 19th.
    Right after the movie, they will air the first two episodes of Pokemon XY as a sneak peek.
    Pokemon The Origin will be dubbed as Pokemon Origins and be released on Pokemon.com starting on November 15th.
    Re-runs of Pokemon BW Rival Destinies are now on weekdays at 8:00am with premier episodes now starting at 8:30am.
    Please stay on topic when discussing the episode and do not focus on any kind of edits.
    Please don't discuss the new video games, the new series or the dub for the new XY series here. Take those discussions to the Video Game and Anime sections respectively.
    Please avoid using spoilers, including vague ones, in these talkbacks. Thank you.
    Also, with the sneak peek of XY airing in two weeks, should I make two episode talkback threads, or just one special event thread and save the episode talkbacks for when the series premieres proper? I'd appreciate any feedback on this matter.

Light Lucario is online now Moderator
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I thought that this was a pretty decent episode. It was kind of fun to see Ash and Team Rocket team up again and the Beheeyem invasion was unique. It was kind of strange that Iris and Cilan acted normal at first, but then they were acting more under Beheeyem's control after they gathered up the people in the town. Team Rocket weren't as comical as I expected, but they still at least had their personalities, so that works,. There were some funny lines like Ash asking Beheeyem to take them to its leader and Beheeyem explaining that it's harder to control idiots. Just their expressions after that line was hilarious. Although, I do wonder why they included Pikachu with that. I could buy the show implying/saying that Ash and Team Rockets are idiots, even though it's a bit harsh, but including Pikachu in that is a bit of a surprise.

I'm not sure why they had Ash find an Amulet Coin if that wasn't the one the Beheeyem needed, but I guess it was to throw the audience off their guard. Of course, Team Rocket double crossed Ash and they were able to get the real coin back. Iris and Cilan not remembering what happened was expected, although it's strange that we don't see the other people in town being free from the Beheeyem's control. Overall, I thought it was a pretty decent episode. It was more fun than last week's episode with a pretty unique setup and some funny moments. I hope that next week's episode will be fun to watch too.

GolfDude is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    lol N intro strikes again/... after they fixed it last week too

Bit Cloud is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Ash went to sleep only to wake up in the Twilight Zone.