Search the Site:
Follow Us:
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
    Mandouga is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!

Adv./Sonic does have some continuity; well, within the show at least. As for this show, all I could ever expect for this show is to not insult anyone's intelligence, but now I'm beginning to wonder. IMHO, we're looking at a possible self-parody of the franchise with the kind of writing one could possibly expect. Now, before anyone brings it up, it's one thing for a franchise to "laugh at itself". It's another when it happens at the viewers' expense, especially those who may have never even heard of Sonic in any way, shape, or form until now. Also, while not everything has to be arc-driven, not everything has to be "har har har har" for an entire half hour, either. In any case, Sega (who has a more direct involvement with this show) kind of dropped the ball on this one. The bottom line is, if it is more comedy based, I'm hoping it will be a show that actually makes people laugh rather than laughing at its own jokes and hoping/assuming that people will laugh either with them or otherwise at anything and everything they (the viewers) see.

Sent from my iPod touch using toonzone
    Cartoons aren't "just for kids"...but they're not just for adults either. They're for everyone.

Goldstar Neo is offline Dat's cold, bro!
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mandouga View Post
    Adv./Sonic does have some continuity; well, within the show at least. As for this show, all I could ever expect for this show is to not insult anyone's intelligence, but now I'm beginning to wonder. IMHO, we're looking at a possible self-parody of the franchise with the kind of writing one could possibly expect. Now, before anyone brings it up, it's one thing for a franchise to "laugh at itself". It's another when it happens at the viewers' expense, especially those who may have never even heard of Sonic in any way, shape, or form until now. Also, while not everything has to be arc-driven, not everything has to be "har har har har" for an entire half hour, either. In any case, Sega (who has a more direct involvement with this show) kind of dropped the ball on this one. The bottom line is, if it is more comedy based, I'm hoping it will be a show that actually makes people laugh rather than laughing at its own jokes and hoping/assuming that people will laugh either with them or otherwise at anything and everything they (the viewers) see.
    1. Except for very young children, who would that be? And how does a franchise "laugh at the viewers expense", aside from having the characters look directly at the audience and say "Ha-ha! You're all idiots!"? I don't understand that analogy.

2. The series will be more comedy focused The producers have stated this multiple times. There's no "if" about it. If Sonic Boom doesn't meet your personal expectations, the best advice that I can give is to simply not watch it. You're not being forced to watch or even acknowledge the series in any way.

Sonic Boom is a comedy, and each episode will be a self contained story. It's not going to be saga driven like Sonic SatAM or even Sonic X. Some people are going to like that, and some aren't. Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog and Sonic X weren't perfect either, but they had their fans. I think that we should keep an open mind and at least wait until we've seen a few episodes before immediately writing this series off as a failure.
    Last edited by Goldstar Neo; 02-25-2014 at 09:10 AM.
    The Twin Factor: The Star Twins' blog. Cartoons. Opinions. Riffs. Geeks. Other stuff.

SaneMan is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    it all comes down to the good old
    Wait and see

Gold Guy is online now This ain't Pokemon!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    One of the things I liked about Sonic X was the story-driven part. Love-or-hate te first two seasons, the Metarex saga was pretty good. People only didn't like it because they felt it was TOO dramatic and plot-heavy for Sonic series
    Random quote (changes once in a while)

"What could possibly be wrong with gaining knowledge and information?"
    - Izzy, Digimon
    My Twitter: https://twitter.com/AnimeExBurst

Light Lucario is offline Moderator
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gold Guy View Post
    One of the things I liked about Sonic X was the story-driven part. Love-or-hate te first two seasons, the Metarex saga was pretty good. People only didn't like it because they felt it was TOO dramatic and plot-heavy for Sonic series
    I liked that saga too. It was dramatic and more intense than the first two seasons were and that helped to make it more engaging. I wasn't a big fan of the series myself, but I would say that it was a pretty good arc.

SaneMan is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah, and they also finally toned Chris down in that arc too
    seriously, he (as well as the filler episodes) was what dragged the show down for the first two seasins

ShadowGUN is offline Hey listen!!!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Sega of America posted a behind the scene video.

Looks like we can expect multiple Knuckles of different dimensions episode. Also I wasn't aware the voice actors work together. Always thought they recorded their stuff individually.
    "Toonami:Tougher than the Best,Stronger than the Rest."

TOONAMI LIVES (5/26/12)

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I think that's usually only with anime. With American cartoons, its not uncommon to have the VAs in the same room. Cool video.

- Izzy, Digimon

ShadowGUN is offline Hey listen!!!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Btw this was pointed out in another forum but Tails VA Kate Higgins has been replace by Colleen Villard who voices Charmy Bee. Not sure why the change thought.
    "Toonami:Tougher than the Best,Stronger than the Rest."

TOONAMI LIVES (5/26/12)

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowGUN View Post
    Btw this was pointed out in another forum but Tails VA Kate Higgins has been replace by Colleen Villard who voices Charmy Bee. Not sure why the change thought.
    What? Aw man, from the new VAs, Higgins was one of my favorites.

- Izzy, Digimon

Super Sonic is online now Fastest Thing Alive
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Has it been totally confirmed this change will affect Tails in the games as well? At this point I just assume the recast was done for the show only due to scheduling conflicts with Higgins not being able to commit to the recording sessions, or meet the same appointments with the other actors. If not that, and if it was indeed a full recast, I would theorize it had to do with money.

Gatordragon is online now El Zombino - level 1
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I found more new info on Sonic Boom. Orbot and Cubot from the recent Sonic games have been confirmed.

Sonic Boom Behind the Scenes: English VAs, Orbot & Cubot Confirmed | The Sonic Stadium

Here's a link to an article with concept art featuring other characters that might be in the series. It's a little big, so I'm not posting the whole thing directly.

http://www.sonicstadium.org/2014/03/...-art-surfaces/

Here's a behind-the-scenes video on both the cartoon and the game. It includes some more concept art and a voice acting session with the main cast.

El Zombino of the Huracan clan from Urban Rivals

For little brother, Jorgito, life is above all a tale of opportunities. So what better time to put this to the test than during the Festival of the Dead in Los Santos? Jorgito and his sister have concluded that, OK, you may not be able to negotiate with death, but you can make some damn good money out of it!

TimmiT is offline Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Seeing how the guy sitting next to the concept art in that photo is the co-founder of Big Red Button (the developer behind the Wii U game), I think it's fair to assume that the concept art there is for the game. The characters could still pop up in the cartoon though.

bklien is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Wasn't Shadow the Hedgehog created for Sega Genesis in the 90s?

Nightwing26 is offline Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bklien View Post
    Wasn't Shadow the Hedgehog created for Sega Genesis in the 90s?
    Ummm... Please tell me you're joking...

I'm case you're not, and there are others with the same misconceptions, then please allow me to clear things up.

Shadow the Hedgehog was a character created for Sonic Adventure 2, originally for the Sega Dreamcast, in 2001. The game was developed for the 10th anniversary of the Sonic the Hedgehog franchise. Therefore, the character was developed as a foil for Sonic the Hedgehog because it was an anniversary, something to be celebrated, and as such, SA2 was intended to be the celebration, and Shadow the Hedgehog was one of the many reasons for why the game was a celebration.

That's pretty much it. So to sum things up, he didn't exist when the franchise first started, was created for the 10th anniversary, and then became as popular as he is now because he was a part of a game as huge as Sonic Adventure 2 was. There, hoped that cleared things up for anyone who didn't know about all this!

Kung-Fu Yoshi is offline What is love?
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Any new news?
    YouTube Account: MarioBrosFan4000
    FanFiction Account: MarioMan67

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12