Search the Site:
Follow Us:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    ShadowBeast is online now Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!

Quote Originally Posted by bonke View Post
    All right, I looked at the episodes you mentioned, and I can see the skepticism. I think my optimism just took a nose dive. Still, we're three episodes in, and I'm sure the writers have a good ending for Gwen this season.

As for the episode itself, it was, as one poster said, it was cringe-worthy. Shooting leeches at the opponents seem disturbing.
    Hopefully she'll be revealed a hero, keeps her boyfriends and finnaly stops being hated by Courtney.
    While creepy the leeches were a nice touch.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It occurs to me that being given the slingshots made the heroes look good by comparison because it caused them to stick their opponents with a single leech instead of coating people with the things the way the villains were doing.

Also, while Gwen took a lot of imagined punishment in the Ex Files, it was the episode right after the whole kiss with Duncan bit came to light, and I'm not sure how much of those sequences are controlled by the main writer in the first place. That episode also had Gwen dodging elimination and the kiss where Duncan did a foot pop. Not sure that writer in particular for having it in for Gwen; it could easily just be the way the plot/slapstick was going. (Not to say nothing bad will happen next week; Courtney did just swap to her team, after all.)

Mesousa is offline Biggest Hinata Azuma fanboy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I can understand people saying that there's an almost lack of humor so far this season, but unlike Regular Show this week, where they just plain forget the humor for about 8 minutes, at least there's storylines, as phoned in as they are (coughSierraandCameron), but it can get at least some entertainment to set up for the near future. Or also to make fun of.

Villano is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cambdoranononono View Post
    Looks like I'm the only one to miss Jo again.
    You're not alone. Jo's my favorite character.

Aside from the loss of Jo, I didn't think it was a bad episode at all. Not sure who I'm rooting for now. I do like Scott (he was a great villain), but I don't think he has a chance. I like Courtney, too, but I hope she can put her feelings about Duncan and Gwen aside and return to her Season 1 personality (again, not holding my breath on that).

On a side note, someone on the TWOP forum said that Sierra's cellphone pic of Cody was of him being surprised in the shower. I missed that. Did anyone here see it (and maybe could post a screencap)?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah, it's clearly a picture she took of Cody after barging in on him in the shower. You can see it here.

Anthonynotes is offline PBS: We rock harder than MTV
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Amusing episode. Liked the pre-recorded message Lightning left on that iPad/Nexus 7/whatever tablet brand exists on Earth-Total Drama. :-p

Surprised that fancy house is still standing. Nice gesture the others did for Sam re: bringing food.

And yes, Gwen seems to get the "injure Courtney somehow once an episode" as a gag...

Old-but-amusing cartoon gags

The slow-motion Matrix-style bullet-dodging gag overdone in various 90s/early 2000s cartoons is seen here.

Canadianisms

Maple flavored bacon is mentioned. Maple syrup, of course, is a famous export of Canada.

Next week

More maple syrup references look like they're coming with the food-related challenge...
    Visit my other online spots:
    My blog, covering technology, comics, and animation, plus my weekly
    minorities in cartoons feature!
    Twitter
    Facebook

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2