Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    ShadowBeast is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    Pretty good episode.
    Near the end I was expecting Scott to get eliminated since he did very little, but I'm glad Heather didn't get eliminated (But then she hasn't found about Al's legs working so of course she isn't leaving yet), and I'm glad Jo is gone because even last season she was annoying.
    For a minute it looked like Duncan and Gwen were about to start splitting up but that was saved by Duncan's sacrifice and I wasn't expecting him to switch teams(Courtney however I saw coming alittle).
    I'm betting Mike's evil personality has the other personalities either tied up or hiding.

Izzombie is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    A good episode. So far my favorite from the season, but is to soon to tell.

The Team Swap got me by surprise. I mean, I was expecting a team swap, by I never expected Duncan to be treated like a hero. Good Twist.

And episodes are beggining with Sam being hurt so he will be useless the whole challenge? I think he is already a weak player and a darkhorse, they don't need to make this to him. I hope he gets a good development this season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    So, Duncan does his once-every-twenty-episodes good deed that in no way indicates any remorse for or desire to change his previous being a jerk to everyone, and immediately gets rebranded a hero. Par for the course, I guess; there goes my hope that Gwen was going to dump him. It'll sour Gwen hitting the finals if she makes it, since it will make it the second season to end with Duncan waltzing off with both the girl and a ton of money.

Looks like I'm the only one to miss Jo again. It's up to Scott to represent the season four villains now. Come to think of it, I guess the Vultures have been pared down to every season's primary villain plus Gwen. That's kind of a nice touch, at least.

Nice to see a bit more from Cameron, I guess. I was expecting Mike's evil personality to get him eliminated to keep him from figuring out the secret, but now I'm wondering if he's going to kick himself just to get away from Sierra.

Sad watching Mike freak out about being 'alone'. It's a bad sign when "I'm not having periodic delusions that I'm turning into othe people" is cause for concern.

On the whole, don't know that this was a great episode. The Heroes/Villains contrast and the Cameron/Sierra setup was all right, but it mostly felt like it was just doing a couple of minor things to put plot elements in place without that many memorable points in itself.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Overall I was disappointed I really thought this was where we would finally see Gwen in a positive light and moved to the team she shouldve been placed on. But now not only is she still a villain, she's stuck on a team with the person who wants her dead. Duncan had one use going for him. Having Gwen's vote, but now with him on the other side he's useless in her safety. Between that and Jo being axed Heather won't have any more use for her either. If she ends up falling for Alejandro, her fate is sealed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I think you're taking Gwen's treatment the wrong way. The point that seems to be made by her plot is that she really isn't a villain; she's just being unfairly treated like one. (That's pretty much explicit, what with the running gag of her accidentally doing bad things to Courtney.) The main way I would expect that to be resolved is by her climactically proving herself a hero, which is better saved for late in the season where it can end her arc without immediately queueing her up for elimination.

Without that arc, what is there really for Gwen to do in this season? She was already a straight protagonist in season one, and in two and three her whole character was reduced to faciliating a bunch of mediocre romance drama. Having to deal with villains/prove she isn't a villain is a big step up to me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    You have your opinions, I have mine. I admit I'm biased because I've had a thing for her since TDI and I always hate to see a girl (even fictional) in emotional pain. But ever since the break up with Trent, the writers have dragged her name more and more through the mud. Now it's just become ridiculous to the point that Chris, Heather and Duncan all believe she's becoming evil, and even Gwen herself is questioning her morality.

ShadowBeast is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LegoFan224 View Post
    I swear if Courtney sabotages the next match on purpose just to get Gwen voted off, I hope her plan blows right up in her face.
    She just might team up with Scott to do that, but yeah I'd like to see that happen to her.

Quote Originally Posted by NovelleX View Post

But the biggest twist tonight goes to the team switch. I knew Courtney being on heroes and Gwen on villains was an odd move from the start, and I knew there was eventually going to be a team switch. I just didn't think it'd somehow incorporate Duncan too, now he's separated from Gwen in exchange for Courtney going to where she belongs. To be honest, I don't think this change is all that bad for Duncan, he's more of an anti-hero than a villain anyways. (At least in my eyes.)

Jo leaving wasn't too much of a shocker. She, like Lightning, (speaking of, loved that they tossed him a bone and gave him a throwaway gag.) lasted long last season and got enough exposure and development. It's clear that they needed to go.
    I agree that Duncan being a anti-hero, which has been shown from even TDI.
    And Jo's problem is that she talks too much giving herself too much attention also brought everyone's attention to how annoying she is.

Quote Originally Posted by PhenomsServant4 View Post
    Overall I was disappointed I really thought this was where we would finally see Gwen in a positive light and moved to the team she shouldve been placed on. But now not only is she still a villain, she's stuck on a team with the person who wants her dead. Duncan had one use going for him. Having Gwen's vote, but now with him on the other side he's useless in her safety. Between that and Jo being axed Heather won't have any more use for her either. If she ends up falling for Alejandro, her fate is sealed.
    Gwen won't be shown a hero until near then end otherwise her story would over and she'll be the next one gone.
    Plus I hope her and Courtney can finally be settle their problems again so not only can Gwen get her friend back but we can get TDI Courtney back.

Quote Originally Posted by Cambdoranononono View Post
    I think you're taking Gwen's treatment the wrong way. The point that seems to be made by her plot is that she really isn't a villain; she's just being unfairly treated like one. (That's pretty much explicit, what with the running gag of her accidentally doing bad things to Courtney.) The main way I would expect that to be resolved is by her climactically proving herself a hero, which is better saved for late in the season where it can end her arc without immediately queueing her up for elimination.

Without that arc, what is there really for Gwen to do in this season? She was already a straight protagonist in season one, and in two and three her whole character was reduced to faciliating a bunch of mediocre romance drama. Having to deal with villains/prove she isn't a villain is a big step up to me.
    I think Chris putting Gwen on the villains team is just Chris teasing her and creating drama.
    It would be funny if Gwen's doing bad things to Courtney gag might be her subconscious retaliating against Courtney's attacks.

bonke Guest
    First time posting on Toonzone, might as well make this a good one.

All right, I've seen the first three episodes, and read the comments on the board regarding the show so far. I get it, almost everyone doesn't like the way Gwen is treated thus far. Most of you will probably stop watching this show because of it. However, I would like to state, as already some people are suggesting, that Gwen might be shown to be a hero at the end of the season. Sure, she'll still do some inadvertent evil things to Courtney, or some of the other players, but if I know how the season is going, then she'll do something heroic that would redeem her in the eyes of the other contestants. My suggestion is to keep watching the season until the end.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Another thing that worries me is next week's episode is written by Laurie Elliot. Who in case you didn't know wrote both The Ex-Files and The Treasure Island of Dr. McClean two episodes that but Gwen through a horrible experience and since that's Gwen's hardship has practically become sport to the writers I wouldn't be to surprised that what happens to her next week will be the worst yet. Also this part may be overanlyzing it, but she may had not been in a good mood when she wrote this one to begin with given it's fresh off her character's elimination.

bonke Guest
    All right, I looked at the episodes you mentioned, and I can see the skepticism. I think my optimism just took a nose dive. Still, we're three episodes in, and I'm sure the writers have a good ending for Gwen this season.

As for the episode itself, it was, as one poster said, it was cringe-worthy. Shooting leeches at the opponents seem disturbing.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast