Search the Site:
Follow Us:
    {Shadow} is online now Toonami - Saturdays 11:30p-6a! Blosics 3 Champion Angry Animals Champion
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

TALKBACK - Uncle Grandpa - "Moustache Cream" / "Nickname" - [9/16]

Like This Thread!

Episodes 005 & 006 - - Numbers 105 & 106

Moustache Cream / Nickname
    premieres
    TONIGHT at 8:00 PM & 8:15 PM
    repeats
    [see schedule]

This week...
    Moustache Cream: Uncle Grandpa needs to purchase emergency moustache cream.
    Nickname: Uncle Grandpa encourages a child to earn his nickname through yard work.

trance2009 is offline Fun to play with not to eat
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    That part with the lightbulb killed me.

Gatordragon is online now El Zombino - level 1
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    These episodes were good. I think I watched enough episodes to say that I like this show a lot.

I'm surprised nobody said anything about the title cards. They don't have a painting look to them like Adventure Time's, but they still look good.

Uncle G and his friends going through the perfume aisle gauntlet reminded me of a similar thing in an episode of Spongebob.

Is it just me or do the buttons on Uncle G's pants look like eyes for Belly Bag?

I liked the Nickname episode more than the Mustache Cream episode. I remember my nickname on my old wrestling team. I was called Kneepads because I always wore them when I wrestled. Safety first, I say.

I wonder how many went to get markers and hammers when instructed by Uncle G.

El Zombino of the Huracan clan from Urban Rivals

For little brother, Jorgito, life is above all a tale of opportunities. So what better time to put this to the test than during the Festival of the Dead in Los Santos? Jorgito and his sister have concluded that, OK, you may not be able to negotiate with death, but you can make some damn good money out of it!

Mister Modular is offline Miss Carmody
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I think this was a step up from last week's episodes and I absolutely love how even mundane tasks like taking care of the yard or shopping are blown up into extraordinary situations. Kind of like a a funnier and more ambitious version of Regular Show.

I wonder what kind of backstories the other kids with nicknames have? Guess I should mope around more often, too, if I want a sweet nickname. (This smilie is cool but it's not Pizza Steve cool)

The skits this time were a lot of fun, too. The coloring one pretty much supports my theory that there are 3 kinds of people that enjoy Uncle Grandpa: children, animation nerds/cartoonists, and those just open-minded enough to watch.
    Thinking of a number.

Sketch is offline not like those other old guys
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    This show is insanity.

Uncle Grandpa can be a bit of a terrible person though. There's only so many times I can see him ram his RV into some innocent bystander before it's not funny anymore and he often causes the trouble he has to fix but dang if he isn't entertaining while doing it.

Do you like making Fantasy Schedules? Come check out Elsewhere

Read ramblings from myself and other animation and comic enthusiasts on The Scratch Pad

Peter Paltridge is offline Thank God he wore trunks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    NOW the show's picking up. "Space Emperor" and "Funny Face" were just weird, but these two cartoons legitimized the show for me at last. The supermarket trip is the best thing they've done so far.
    Visit my website! It's comfy and easy to wear!
    www.platypuscomix.net
    THIS WEEK: This week Winnie and Gene crash Hollywood in Part 1 of a brand-new Free Spirit!

The ShopSoldier is offline DISGRACED, yet CONFIDENT...
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sketch View Post
    This show is insanity.

Uncle Grandpa can be a bit of a terrible person though. There's only so many times I can see him ram his RV into some innocent bystander before it's not funny anymore and he often causes the trouble he has to fix but dang if he isn't entertaining while doing it.
    At least I can both watch and enjoy the stupidity otherwise at play here (I'm just sorry I didn't completely catch the second act, though it did end on a high note, which says some good things about it!) - I've revisited shows that have been like this before... Not very fond memories, overall - unlike here, so far of course.
    Tropes that are ruining Western/European Animation (and any animes involving school):
    Spoiler:
    1. Twins and/or Rich Kids as antagonists; Bullies in general. 2. Annoying jerk sibling characters and/or General sibling characters who hate each others' guts. 3. Hidden Caucasian male dominance (usually subverted to be female in anime, which can be equally as bad – and a real turnoff in general!).

NovelleX is offline "Something did die. Gumball."
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Watched it.

Loved it.

Wonder why I loved it because people here told me it would be Problem Solverz/SMFA 2.0.

Keep watching it.

Keep loving it.

Realize its ratings are past 2.0 million viewers, higher than either of PS/SMFA ever got in their lifespan.

Proceed to remember that Uncle Grandpa is the savior that Cartoon Network needs.

Excellent episodes, shame we're hitting 11-minute premiers next week, but ah, whatever, gotta spare some episodes to make sure every week is new. Overall, i don't know why I love the show, I just do.
    That one show about that one cat that did that one thing that involved doing some things that he wouldn't normally do or should be doing but he did it anyway for laughs?

You know what that thing did? It spawned a lot of naughty internet things.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NovelleX View Post
    Watched it.

Wonder why I loved it because people here told me it would be Problem Solverz/SMFA 2.0.

Realize its ratings are past 2.0 million viewers, higher than either of PS/SMFA ever got in their lifespan.

Proceed to remember that Uncle Grandpa is the savior that Cartoon Network needs.
    I like this show; though I'm not a huge of it - those ratings numbers mean nothing but GOOD NEWS, indeed. That's all I can truly ask for at this rate, knowing that AT and RS are sadly showing their age and will eventually need to end (hopefully on a high note, too!), then replaced with what was meant to compliment this show in particular (Steven Universe & Clarence...).
    Tropes that are ruining Western/European Animation (and any animes involving school):
    Spoiler:
    1. Twins and/or Rich Kids as antagonists; Bullies in general. 2. Annoying jerk sibling characters and/or General sibling characters who hate each others' guts. 3. Hidden Caucasian male dominance (usually subverted to be female in anime, which can be equally as bad – and a real turnoff in general!).

King_of_doom is offline kiva fan
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Nice to know Uncle Grandpa is doing well, not to mention that it's getting better and better. Still make us wonder why UG wasn't picked first instead of Secret Mountain of Awesomeness.
    You'll never get credit for my discovery,Who's going to believe a talking head? Get a job in a sideshow*Herbert West*

Deadpool: They replace Megas XLR for this!? Man wheres the world coming to

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I didn't want to like this show at first, but these episodes really killed me, I like this show a lot more than AT or RS, probably because it's comedy relies on action and not talking. And did anyone else get a Spongebob-vibe during the perfume scene?
    I'm a Writer, first. THEN I'm an artist.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I too am starting to really enjoy this show. Greenlighting this show after the failure of SMFA was a bold move networks like Nick would definitely have not done. Yet, they actually pulled it off beautifully and now it's really helping them out.

Funny you should mention Spongebob. A lot of the writers who've previously worked on it wrote some of UG's episodes and even Tom Kenny voices Fanny Pack. It's almost like a Spongebob reunion going on.
    Last edited by Wi-fi Calcium; 09-18-2013 at 05:14 PM.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wi-fi Calcium View Post
    ...Funny you should mention Spongebob. A lot of the writers who've previously worked on it wrote some of UG's episodes and even Tom Kenny voices Fanny Pack. It's almost like a Spongebob reunion going on.
    Let's just hope they don't do anything they'll regret then, as hearing any/all of hat makes me feel uneasy, knowing what SpongeBob in general has become after that movie - and I personally can never let them live it down, either. After all, I want this show to get positive recognition as it goes forward from here, which it is legitimately developing, despite my concerns before, thank Christ.
    Spoiler:

Pogorikifan24 is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Man, I gotta say that the episodes are getting better as they hold up.. they do seem to have good potential as far as it's going. Personally, i'm now realizing the reason why they started out with Secret Mountain Fort Awesome, as it was morely to expirement the formula on the shows, and was panned due to the potty humor and the bad characters.. thus made some changes was UG, and to me. I think this is an improvement compared to both SMFA and it's pilot from the way it's humor, animation, and characters is holding as far as we got (also, a really smart move to the channel when it came to experimenting). But for the episodes, I think "Nickname" kinda hold up a bit more.. but on the other hand I did like "Moustache Cream" (and I do agree that the perfume scene reminded me of SpongeBob right there).

SaneMan is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Mustache cream reminded me allot of Charlie the Unicorn

DeanBurrito25 is offline New and improved
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wi-fi Calcium View Post
    Funny you should mention Spongebob. A lot of the writers who've previously worked on it wrote some of UG's episodes and even Tom Kenny voices Fanny Pack. It's almost like a Spongebob reunion going on.
    I believe you meant Eric Bauza, who voices Belly Bag in the series. Bauza has also voiced Marvin The Martian on The Looney Tunes Show.