Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Radical is offline The Fastest of the Universe!!!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    Awesome episode starting of the fifth season,

The highlights:
    Cool to see my awesome Chris out of jail and ready to torture the campers, hehehe.
    Nice to see Alejandro in robot form.
    Cool to see Gwen/Duncan/Courtney/Heather/Lindsey/Sierra(yaaaay, she's hilarious and her hair is grown back, nice)/Zoey/Mike(his crazy personalities are back, yaaay)/Cameron/Sam/Scott/Jo/Lightning(white-haired, hehehe) compete in Chris's new evil sadistic challenges.No Owen/Bridgette/Dawn/B/Brick(they were great/likable), rats, oh well.
    Cool to see Gollum Ezekial, he'll be back, hehehe.
    A "Heroes vs. Villains" challenge while called the Heroic Hamsters and the Villainous Vultures, a sweet new challenge idea.
    Poor Gwen in the Villainous Vultures because of being the New Heather, so sad in her character though from the horrible writers which she has her good side, but Courtney on the Heroic Hamsters side is messed-up since she's a villainess/jerkette, oh well.
    All the different campers interacting was sweet, I'll so enjoy the Heather vs. Jo rivalry, hehehe.
    Courtney vs. Gwen still continues.
    Poor Gwen the Villainous Vultures' punching bag, except for Duncan who loves her.
    Cool to see Fang.
    Scott's fear of Fang/sharks, hahahahaha, but I still loved the Scott/Fang clashings.
    Lindsey's stupidity still cracks me up, hahahahahahaha.
    Sam is hilarious, but he'll get mutated pretty soon like Dakota, hehehe.
    Sierra clobbering the sharks, her awesomeness is great.
    Sierra squashing Courtney, hahahahahahahaha, Courtney's just desserts is so funny next to Chris/Heather/Justin's, hahahahaha.
    Zoey kicking Fang/the sharks' butts, sweet.
    Alejandro coming out of the robot suit was sweet/unexpected which I thought he stays in it forever, he gets a new voice actor named Alex House, nice, but cool to see him reappear, interact with the different campers, and clash with the Heroic Hamsters.
    Heather may hate him, but she so loves him, hahahahahaha, they make a good evil couple anyway.
    The Villainous Vultures win.
    Poor Lindsey voted off first, bye bye Lindsey.
    The toilet being the next elimination device, sweet/funny.
    Agreeing with Anthonynotes, that nice house is so gonna get blown up, hahahahahaha.
    Next episode next week: Digging in the beach challenge and poor Cameron, hehehe.
    Last edited by Radical; 09-11-2013 at 10:49 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Pros:
    --They took "Gwen as the villain" in the direction I was hoping. (Specifically, the redemption/non-villainous teammate angle.) It's nice to see more of her good side coming out after how World Tour ended.
    --Jo and Duncan's interaction was a nice little teaser that I wasn't really expecting, but it leads me to:

Cons:
    --Hoping for a bit more old/new interaction than ended up here, although the benefit of the doubt is that they're trying to set the characters up.
    --Nitpicking: That's the new opening animation? The fun of the previous seasons was watching all the characters/relationships get briefly set up. I know we're seeing returning characters at a returning location, but I was still kind of hoping for a merging of the seasons 1 and 4 openings or something.
    --The fast eliminations and group of returning major characters has an "everyone is important, so no one is important" feel. Say, Alejandro's introduction seems like it should be a big deal, but it just kind of felt like another in a long line of introduction and main plot threads.
    --Cameron got, what, two lines? I know he's not going to be the main character again, but I feel like there's some mileage to be had from his smart guy role and friendship with Mike/Zoey. The "new" heroes in general seemed to be a bit in the background, though I'm still hopeful for big things from Mike.

???:
    --Immunity idol is back! Hopefully, it won't just be a quick coupon to keep a less sympathetic character in the game while a more sympathetic one gets the boot. Right? ... Right, you guys?
    --Seems like Sierra's heading for elimination (being a primarily defined by a character who isn't competing). Then again, given the different competing storylines, maybe it's just as well for someone I don't care that much about to be a bit in the background.
    --I get the sense that Brick wasn't competing this season for the reason that he messed up the "ragtag underdogs" vibe the Hamsters have. The most conventionally competent player on the team is arguably the one who doesn't belong there.
    --Seems odd that Chris, who often seems to hate her, would think Courtney goes on the heroes' team. I suppose it's really just part of the inevitability of having her on the opposite team as Gwen.
    --Kind of thought Sam would be out first. If he manages to survive more than a couple more episodes, though, I'm going guess he's in for the long haul.

I'm vaguely curious if anyone new to the show watched the episode, just to see whether they could make any sense of what was going on.

ShadowBeast is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cambdoranononono View Post
    Pros:
    --They took "Gwen as the villain" in the direction I was hoping. (Specifically, the redemption/non-villainous teammate angle.) It's nice to see more of her good side coming out after how World Tour ended.
    --Jo and Duncan's interaction was a nice little teaser that I wasn't really expecting, but it leads me to:

Cons:
    --Hoping for a bit more old/new interaction than ended up here, although the benefit of the doubt is that they're trying to set the characters up.
    --Nitpicking: That's the new opening animation? The fun of the previous seasons was watching all the characters/relationships get briefly set up. I know we're seeing returning characters at a returning location, but I was still kind of hoping for a merging of the seasons 1 and 4 openings or something.
    --The fast eliminations and group of returning major characters has an "everyone is important, so no one is important" feel. Say, Alejandro's introduction seems like it should be a big deal, but it just kind of felt like another in a long line of introduction and main plot threads.
    --Cameron got, what, two lines? I know he's not going to be the main character again, but I feel like there's some mileage to be had from his smart guy role and friendship with Mike/Zoey. The "new" heroes in general seemed to be a bit in the background, though I'm still hopeful for big things from Mike.

???:
    --Immunity idol is back! Hopefully, it won't just be a quick coupon to keep a less sympathetic character in the game while a more sympathetic one gets the boot. Right? ... Right, you guys?
    --Seems like Sierra's heading for elimination (being a primarily defined by a character who isn't competing). Then again, given the different competing storylines, maybe it's just as well for someone I don't care that much about to be a bit in the background.
    --I get the sense that Brick wasn't competing this season for the reason that he messed up the "ragtag underdogs" vibe the Hamsters have. The most conventionally competent player on the team is arguably the one who doesn't belong there.
    --Seems odd that Chris, who often seems to hate her, would think Courtney goes on the heroes' team. I suppose it's really just part of the inevitability of having her on the opposite team as Gwen.
    --Kind of thought Sam would be out first. If he manages to survive more than a couple more episodes, though, I'm going guess he's in for the long haul.

I'm vaguely curious if anyone new to the show watched the episode, just to see whether they could make any sense of what was going on.
    I think Sam is gonna find some leftover toxic-waste and mutate before he leaves and knowing the cruelty of Total Drama he'll return to Dakota with her un-mutated back to normal somehow.

Dudley is offline <- Watch the cartoon!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I also noticed that Cameron barely said or did anything in this episode. Weird. I wonder how long he'll last. Characters who make it to the final round in previous seasons, end up getting eliminated early on in the next. So I don't expect Cameron, Lightning, Duncan, Heather, Alejandro, or Gwen to last too long in the game. Well, maybe Heather will, since she's cunning enough.
    Since last weason we had, two male contestants reach the final as opposed to one male and one female, I expect two females to reach the end this time. I have a feeling Courtney will make it to the end, and I think (and hope) Sierra will as well. Her love of Cody will drive her towards victory.

Team Teen

Cartoon heroes unite!

Zorkel567 is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    One theory I had was that Gwen and Courtney would both make it to the finale, and become friends once again, both moving on from Duncan, who ends up with Jo...

TheCtes is online now Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    All that character development Lindsay had in Total Drama Action... thrown away.

Other than that, seems interesting!

Villano is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This episode got off to a good start. It was nice to see that several of my favorites will be appearing this season (Jo, Courtney, Lightning, and Scott), however, I was disappointed that Alejandro, one of my least favorites, made the cut (although his appearance wasn't much of a surprise since he's featured in the intro). Bad enough that he's here, but I hate his new voice. Can we swap him out for Noah? Please?

BTW, I hope the truncated intro was just for the first episode. I like the theme song.

ShadowBeast is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorkel567 View Post
    One theory I had was that Gwen and Courtney would both make it to the finale, and become friends once again, both moving on from Duncan, who ends up with Jo...
    I really hope they don't do that with Duncan/Jo It's getting annoying with them having a couple in one season then breaking them up the next season.
    I think Geoff and Bridgette are the only couple from the original cast who hasn't broken-up officially.
    Owen and Izzy breaking up was too random.
    But I do hope Gwen and Courtney become friends once again so we can get season1 Courtney back.

trance2009 is offline Fun to play with not to eat
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I cracked up at Jo telling Gwen not to kiss her.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowBeast View Post
    I think Geoff and Bridgette are the only couple from the original cast who hasn't broken-up officially.
    Technically Lindsay and Tyler never broke up either, Lindsay just forgot who Tyler was.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast