Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Lanmanna View Post
    Wait, people didn't like Flapjack? Guess I have to say that. Also:
    Total Drama series
    Robot Jones
    Sheep in the Big City
    I also love Flapjack, you know. Also, I appear to be the only fan of the VBirds...

Kevin the Geek is offline Golem fan
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Unnatural History - Unlike some people, I actually enjoyed this series.

I liked how it seemed a little edgier, and had a bit more substance, than the live action fare that aired on Nickelodeon and Disney Channel.

I imagine most of the series' hatred comes from it being a live action show on Cartoon Network. Had it aired on another network, I think people might have been more open to the show.

On the very small chance that the series ever gets a DVD release, I would gladly buy it.
    My DVD/Blu-ray collection: http://kevin-the-geek.filmaf.com/

Formerly known as Comic Guy

RandomMe is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin the Geek View Post

I liked how it seemed a little edgier, and had a bit more substance, than the live action fare that aired on Nickelodeon and Disney Channel.

I imagine most of the series' hatred comes from it being a live action show on Cartoon Network. Had it aired on another network, I think people might have been more open to the show.

On the very small chance that the series ever gets a DVD release, I would gladly buy it.
    Unnatural History should continue on Syfy. But that's impossible.

Goldstar Neo is offline Dat's cold, bro!
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin the Geek View Post

Precisely. I've personally never heard anyone picking apart Unnatural History because of it's content (I've never seen UH, or Tower Prep either, for that matter, although I was aware of them). Honestly, I think that the only problem that people had with UH was that it was a live action series airing on CARTOON Network. It was an entire hour of programming completely devoid of animation. Not a good for an animation themed channel. Turner should have run this one on TNT.

Out of Jimmy's Head, on the other hand, deserved all of the criticism that it received because it was a mess, even by kidcom standards.
    The Twin Factor: The Star Twins' blog. Cartoons. Opinions. Riffs. Geeks. Other stuff.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hi Hi Puffy Ami Yumi Show - I thought this was an enjoyable enough short cartoon with some fun visuals and good voice acting. I even have the 2 DVDs released of the show.
    Sheep in the Big City - Almost any show with a fourth-wall-breaking narrator (see Dave the Barbarian, Rocky & Bullwinkle) I enjoy, so I liked this one too.
    Krypto the Superdog - Any episode with Ace The Bat Hound was great, Streaky was fun too. I have the two DVDs released of this series as well.
    Atomic Betty - It wasn't super-great, but it was enjoyable enough. Caught it again when it aired on the Hub as well.
    Hamtaro - I'm not quite sure if this was considered unsuccessful, but I only caught it on CN once and enjoyed it as a light-hearted anime.

RandomMe is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    I also liked HiHi Puffy AmiYumi (...SHOW! HIHI PUFFY AMIYUMI SHOWHIHI PUFFY AMIYUMI SHOW! EVERYTHING IS POSSIBLE...). The situations were great, so did the episodes. I even watched the EU-PT dub on RTP 2, it initially aired on Saturday nights.

HUBTigers87 is online now Michyl
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I think the only one that comes to mind is The Problem Solverz. The colors were hard to deal with at times, but I enjoyed the weirdly designed characters (I liked Roba), and the random writing in it. The problems at times didn't feel too problemy, but it made up for what the episode was about.
    Staying GOLD, Saturdays 11:30pm to 6:00am, only Toonami, on [as] | MLB Spring Training

Survivors. | 1000th post: 3/13/14 @ 1:16am

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I got 2 words about which show I liked: Atomic Betty. Yes, it started being on The Hub currently before it got off the air, but I actually enjoyed the series. I was mostly the only person who could actually manage to watch Atomic Betty on time during the wee hours of the morning. And yeah, there's so much that could have been done more, but hey, what can you do with shows made from Canada?
    Check out my fics at http://www.fanfiction.net/profile.php?userid=82115
    "The name's Man, Snow Man": From the Courage Episode, "The Snowman Cometh"

The ShopSoldier is offline DISGRACED, yet CONFIDENT...
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Julayla_Beryl View Post
    I got 2 words about which show I liked: Atomic Betty. Yes, it started being on The Hub currently before it got off the air, but I actually enjoyed the series. I was mostly the only person who could actually manage to watch Atomic Betty on time during the wee hours of the morning. And yeah, there's so much that could have been done more, but hey, what can you do with shows made from Canada?
    I just looked Atomic Betty for certain characters, back when I was in middle school - then I grew up and came to appreciate the storytelling and characters in it more (the first two seasons, especially - despite how it ended, the 3rd season left something to be desired.). I've still seen better, though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I think My Gym Partner's a Monkey is okay, I love Camp Lazlo and post-movie Powerpuff Girls. Secret Mountain Fort Awesome was mildly amusing. Robotomy was alright. Same with Sheep in the Big City. Megas XLR was good, and the second season of IGPX is pretty good. I also like .hack//Legend of the Twilight, Yu Yu Hakusho, Cyborg 009, and Rave Master a lot.

EDIT: Flapjack is one of my favorite cartoons. Johnny Test's early seasons were okay.

Robot_Jones is offline My name is EGGSPITCH
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Dexter's Laboratory Revival-Some of the episodes i liked even more than the original. I didn't like the new format(9m,4m,9m) Though. Fortunatley season 4 solved that problem.
    My Gym Partner's A Monkey-Hilarious wild cartoon.The only part i didnt like was the grossout aspect of the show.
    Fly Tales-Really obscure yet incredibly hilarious short cartoon about a fly pondering life.It's so obscure it's wikipedia page looks like this:link
    NOTE:This show is where my profile picture comes from.
    Robotomy-Wild cartoon about robots on a planet ripping each other to bits for the sake of ripping each other to bits.Not evreyone's cup of tea,but mine.
    Sheep in the big city-My all time favorite cartoon network show.It's hilarious and i actually(unlike others)like the art style.
    Whatever Happened To Robot Jones-Nice art style,with a funny vibe and fun to watch show.
    Squirrel Boy-Rodney was a hilarious jerk.Funny show.
    Time Squad-I still belive eli whitney built flesh-eating robots.
    Flapjack-Hilarious cartoon,definetly one of my favorites from the Noods Era(my favorite era,belive it or not)
    Fat Dog Mendoza-Ugly looking,incredibly weird,yet hilarious forgotten CN show.
    Secret Mountain Fort Awesome was OK.
    Johnny Test's early seasons were OK.

Personally,I like most to all CN shows,besides there live action shows.

The only animated stuff i didnt like was Problem Solvers,Annoying Orange,Out of jimmys head,and Ben 10 omniverse.
    I'm a flexible guy.

Checkerboard is offline THE HOME OF THE TOP TOON STARS
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Hm.

From the originals, I really liked Mike Lu and Og. I loved the setting and idea of kids stranded on an island. The characters were goofy and I enjoyed watching them. I wanted to know more about the island they were on. Plus I liked the theme song. Overall I found the series simply relaxing. It caught my attention and sticked. It wasn't my favorite Cartoon Cartoon, but it was decent.

I also used to watch Time Squad a lot, just to see who they'll meet and what can they do. The animation made the people look funny and reminded me of Horrible Histories.

Apart from these two, I have fond memories of many World Premiere Toons/What A Cartoon Show! pilots that never became a series - almost all of them come to mind, but George and Junior's Christmas Spectacular, Mina and the Count and Kitchen Kasanova were probably my favorite.

From the newer ones it has to be Secret Mountain Fort Awesome and Robotomy. These too I feel failed too quickly. They felt a bit like Adult Swim shows, so that may be the reason, but I wanted to see more from them nonetheless.

Worth mentioning are also Thundercats, but they got what they deserved. Half of the show was amazing, but the other half of it was terrible. I had bigger expectations, so I'm not going to be defending it.

Ákos97HU is offline Member
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    I like Secret Mountain Fort Awesome.
    My blog

English final exam on May 8. I am fed up with the exams!

Psychopulse is offline Parting is such sweet sorrow
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I only saw the first two episodes of Megas XLR but I missed the rest, sadly. I liked Juniper Lee at first until they did the episode were Ray Ray had to get a replacement body. Plus, I watched 2007 George of the Jungle for one reason only - Magnolia.
    "If you so much as dare to be unhappy, bears will rain down from the sky and stare you down until you get back into line. Happiness is inevitable. The Care Bears are your friends."
    TV Tropes on the Care Bears

http://ced75.deviantart.com/

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3