Search the Site:
Follow Us:
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6
    ILDC is online now Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Pogorikifan24 View Post
    Well, i've found a picture that would be great for it's Talkback.. though it came from the fact that Cartoon Network promoted the special is on Itunes, though I rather wait for now..
    iTunes actually has a clip of what appears to be the first 4 minutes of the special. While I can tell it's all the original voice actors, only Tom Kane's Professor seems to sound exactly the same as before.

Mandouga is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    @TheShopSoldier:

They were probably expecting it to be more like the original show where it was 2D animated, etc. OTOH, it does go to show that we should be careful what we wish for; we just might get it. In any case, I'll probably watch it, just so long as it doesn't focus more on parodying domestic life/pop culture; a problem that, IMHO, plagued the show's later seasons* (then again, the subtitle is a pun on "Dance Dance Revolution"; then again again, the show had always puns for episode titles, although not every episode had them...).

*To the point where the show became virtually unwatchable.

Sent from my iPod touch using toonzone
    Cartoons aren't "just for kids"...but they're not just for adults either. They're for everyone.

Silverstar is offline Sub-Genius
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mandouga View Post
    They were probably expecting it to be more like the original show where it was 2D animated, etc. OTOH, it does go to show that we should be careful what we wish for; we just might get it. In any case, I'll probably watch it, just so long as it doesn't focus more on parodying domestic life/pop culture; a problem that, IMHO, plagued the show's later seasons* (then again, the subtitle is a pun on "Dance Dance Revolution"; then again again, the show had always puns for episode titles, although not every episode had them...).

*To the point where the show became virtually unwatchable.

Parodying domestic life and pop culture isn't what made the later PPG episodes unwatchable; just depicting the characters at their home isn't parodying domestic life, the characters couldn't be crime fighting 24/7, after all. What let the air out of the show was that the movie was lackluster, so the show's heat was starting to wear off, Craig McCracken was becoming increasingly less involved with the show (it's obvious that Craig stopped caring about PPG the second Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends popped into his head) and the standard "And the day is saved!" formula was starting to get tired, so the writers began experimenting with having the characters do other things, some of which had little or nothing to do with the superhero genre, but many of these efforts were clumsy, ill-conceived and poorly executed, plus it became clear that these characters weren't versatile enough to work outside of superhero stories.
    Got a minute? Check out The Twin Factor, the Star Twins' blog for crazy opinions on cartoons and geek culture. New name. New address. Same geekiness.

halo is offline Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Heres an official 4 Minute Preview:
    The Powerpuff Girls

My excitement is restored.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halo View Post
    Heres an official 4 Minute Preview: The Powerpuff Girls My excitement is restored.
    You're right. That was actually quite hilarious!
    I'm a Writer, first. THEN I'm an artist.

RandomMe is online now Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Can't wait to see the full thing.

ChildHood90s is offline Loves his coffee
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    That was wonderful. Loved the energy and talent behind this special.

Checkerboard is offline THE HOME OF THE TOP TOON STARS
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    + They've kept the opening
    + They've managed to bring back the original voice-actors
    + The characters feel more less the same and have stayed true to the original
    + "C it first!" is great thing for CN to use in promos

- The voice-actors don't sound exactly the same (their voices have slightly aged)
    - The shading/lighting looks off
    - The new visuals make the show look more childish

Personally, I'm 50:50 on this. I don't think it's terrible, but I don't think it's superb either.

IMHO this special looks like something I'd expect to see rather on Disney or Nick, not CN.

I'm really curious to see the numbers once it airs. Personally, I think it's going to bring in a lot more female viewers. It's what CN desperately needs, but at the same time I hope that's not the main reason the special looks the way it looks.

It's better than PPG Z, that's for sure, but how much is up for debate.

Jazz1000 is offline The One and Only...
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    part of me well enjoy this however part of me won't like much of it im gonna give this a spin when it airs monday

dragonzatch is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    A recent Common Sense Media review has revealed a bit more about the special.

Spoiler:
    THE POWERPUFF GIRLS: DANCE PANTSED opens with Townsville facing a new threat from a familiar foe as Mojo Jojo (voiced by Roger Jackson) kidnaps three local celebrities for reasons unknown. When the call comes in, the Powerpuff Girls –- Blossom (Cathy Cavadini), Buttercup (Elizabeth Daily), and Bubbles (Tara Strong) -– leap into action to rescue the hostages, including the eccentric mathematician, Fibonacci Sequins (Ringo Starr). Foiled in his plans, Mojo puts an evil twist on the girls' favorite video game, Dance Pants Revolution, which puts them under his control and forces Professor Utonium (Tom Kane) to dust off his old dancing shoes to try to save the day and his girls.

Pogorikifan24 is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Off-topic, but the Powerpuff Girls marathon is on as of now. Also, they have an Up Next version for The Powerpuff Girls (which looks pretty cool, I gotta say for an Up Next bit).

LDEJRuff is offline I'll be back...
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pogorikifan24 View Post
    They have an Up Next version for The Powerpuff Girls (which looks pretty cool, I gotta say for an Up Next bit).
    But I didn't get to see the marathon yesterday. Can someone upload the next bumper, please?

Happy 15th, Family Guy

Eggy is offline DA EGGY
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I don't really hate the design anymore (I'm neutral), but I really wanted them back in their 1998 design. Other than that, I can't wait to watch it. (I don't live in the United States, so I'm going to wait longer.)

The preview of the special is actually better than the whole series of Powerpuff Girls Z.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Okay, since we're nearing to the final countdown, I feel I should address my one BIG problem with the special...

What is the point of this whole thing??

After hearing virtually NOTHING about the show from CN for years, this special comes out of the blue, missing the potential for a 15th Anniversary airing by a long shot. Since there's no news about a PPG-ANYTHING, like a revival, a new show or even a dang spin-off once this special airs, what is the point of having a marathon and a new special if there's literally NOTHING to follow through?! This entire thing sounds like CN is Cinderella-fying the PPG franchise with this big special, a marathon and tons of advertising, but once that clock strikes midnight, it's back to Boomerang for the girls. Why take all this time to tease us with 'The girls being back' if this will all be for one night?

PapaGreg is online now Getting off from violence
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darissa Townes View Post
    Okay, since we're nearing to the final countdown, I feel I should address my one BIG problem with the special...

What is the point of this whole thing??

After hearing virtually NOTHING about the show from CN for years, this special comes out of the blue, missing the potential for a 15th Anniversary airing by a long shot. Since there's no news about a PPG-ANYTHING, like a revival, a new show or even a dang spin-off once this special airs, what is the point of having a marathon and a new special if there's literally NOTHING to follow through?! This entire thing sounds like CN is Cinderella-fying the PPG franchise with this big special, a marathon and tons of advertising, but once that clock strikes midnight, it's back to Boomerang for the girls. Why take all this time to tease us with 'The girls being back' if this will all be for one night?
    CN right know is basically a boys channel and stills take boys into consideration over girls but PPG did really helped build them up and it is the 15th anniversary so its like why not

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PapaGreg View Post
    CN right know is basically a boys channel and stills take boys into consideration over girls but PPG did really helped build them up and it is the 15th anniversary so its like why not
    If this whole thing turns out to be a huge success, then we'd better see some female leads in their future shows. We'll see how this special goes because another 'Professor saves the day' scenario is not the best way to introduce this franchise to the younger generation.

ILDC is online now Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Wasn't the 15th anniversary last year?

Looney Tunes Fan is offline Classic Cartoon Fan!!!!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ILDC View Post
    Wasn't the 15th anniversary last year?
    Yeah, but they also aired the 10th anniversary special in 2009, a year after it's 10th so.
    I love classic cartoons!!
    If you're a fan of classic cartoons, please visit The IAD Forums! It's the place to talk and chat about your favorite cartoons! Run by eutychus, this site has brought back a bunch of GAC members, and some toonzone members are over there too! Check it out today!: http://www.intanibase.com/forum/index.php

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6