Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
    ChildHood90s is offline Loves his coffee
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    Quote Originally Posted by ILDC View Post
    I wonder if that was an oversight, because CN lately seems to be trying to standardize everything as TV-PG. Even a recent iTunes collection for Dexter's Laboratory got the same rating as The Simpsons.
    I'm sure the network is trying to keep the new Powerpuff special in-line with the original show. Some older PPG episodes might pass for a PG rating these days, but that doesn't change how the Powerpuff Girls was made with a Y7 FV rating in mind. I'm just hoping that the special doesn't talk down to us too much. That's my fear for this special. If it feels watered down like a mid-2000 cartoon show (i.e. Rocko's Modern Life VS Camp Lazlo OR EVEN early Powerpuff Girls VS PPG season 5), then I'll be a bit disappointed. That said, I'm quietly anticipating this short. It looks rather slick, the art direction looks nice, and I find that a member of The Beatles lending his voice for this PPG Special to be SO COOL. This kinda make that "Meet the Beat Alls" episode feel even more special. We've come full circle, folks. :>

O.T. Agreed, Getouttamylab! Cartoon fans can be hilarious at times.

ILDC is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CartoonNetRulzz View Post
    At least they didn't rate it TV-14-L like Rude Removal, which could have worked with a TV-PG-L rating.
    That was probably due to Adult Swim posting it, where everything is either TV-14 or TV-MA.

Mandouga is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    In any case, we shouldn't "look a gift horse in the mouth" as they say. The fact is, TOON has given a new production the "right" rating for once, which means everyone (well most viewers anyway) can actually watch it...

Sent from my iPod touch using toonzone
    Cartoons aren't "just for kids"...but they're not just for adults either. They're for everyone.

CartoonNetRulzz is offline a.k.a. BlooMac
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ILDC View Post
    That was probably due to Adult Swim posting it, where everything is either TV-14 or TV-MA.
    Not everything on Adult Swim is TV-14 or TV-MA. They have a few TV-PG shows right now (King of the Hill, One Piece, Star Wars: The Clone Wars, most of Naruto, some of Inuyasha). In fact, on rare occasions some shows have been rated TV-Y7 (early episodes of IGPX, Samurai Jack).
    Stay tuned for updates!

ILDC is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CartoonNetRulzz View Post
    Not everything on Adult Swim is TV-14 or TV-MA. They have a few TV-PG shows right now (King of the Hill, One Piece, Star Wars: The Clone Wars, most of Naruto, some of Inuyasha). In fact, on rare occasions some shows have been rated TV-Y7 (early episodes of IGPX, Samurai Jack).
    I know Adult Swim doesn't air just TV-14 and TV-MA shows, it only seems like they do, especially when it comes to their "flagship" lineup.

SaneMan is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCtes View Post
    If you read the posts in the topic, you'll see that it's scheduled to air 7:30pm on a Monday with a 7.5 hour long marathon leading up to it. That's a really solid slot.
    people who do that kind of post never listen to the facts

RandomMe is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    A Belgian/Flemish user posted on the International News Thread that the special will premiere in August on the Dutch version of the channel. The first international premiere has been confirmed.
    (How does he know that?)

Pogorikifan24 is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Is it also a bit odd that Cartoon Network is doing another PPG marathon, and a special.. which "suprisingly" is on the same holiday (Martin Luther King Jr. Day) as it was with it's previous special when it also did a marathon with a lead-up to a special.

CartoonFridays is offline Promoted to detective.
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The first preview got posted, and it looks like stylized, cel-shaded CGI.
    Young lady, I'm an expert on humans!

Red Arrow :D is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    @RandomMe: I got the news from the Dutch highlights:
    De meiden keren terug naar Townsville
    The Powerpuff Girls Save the World Before Bedtime Again
    De gloednieuwe special
    Met een gastoptreden van niemand minder dan Ringo Starr

In augustus te zien op Cartoon Network!

“Mierzoet… met een tikkeltje Chemical X”: dat vormden de basisingrediënten voor Blossom, Bubbles en Buttercup, ofwel The Powerpuff Girls. Deze grensverleggende en Emmy® award winnende TV-serie, van maker Craig McCracken, vierde kortgeleden het 15-jarig jubileum op Cartoon Network. En de meiden keren terug! Met een gloednieuwe, frisse en opnieuw ontworpen CG special, waarin het trio superheldinnen niet alleen de stad Townsville moet redden, maar de hele wereld. En dat nog wel voor bedtijd! De special genaamd “Dance Pantsed” is in augustus te zien op Cartoon Network. De originele stemmencast keert terug in deze nieuwe special: Catherine Cavadini als Blossom, Tara Strong als Bubbles, E.G. Daily als Buttercup, Roger L. Jackson als Mojo Jojo, Tom Kane als De Professor en Tom Kenny als Burgermeester. Er is een speciaal gastoptreden van Beatles legende Ringo Starr in de rol van Fibonacci Sequins, Townsville’s beroemdste en flamboyante wiskundige. Ringo Starr zingt ook in de muziekvideo “I Wish I Was A Powerpuff Girl”.

Waarom ontvoert Mojo Jojo een wiskundige, een operazanger en een das in “Dance Pantsed”? Om Chemical X te stelen natuurlijk en uiteindelijk Townsville over te nemen. Maar wanneer de Powerpuff Girls zijn plan proberen te dwarsbomen, vindt hij een slechte videogame uit, genaamd “Dance Pants R-EVILution”. Hiermee neemt hij het brein en lichaam van anderen over om ze te gebruiken voor zijn slechte plannen! De Professor moet op zoek naar het donkere dansverleden om de meiden te redden, zodat ze samen Townsville kunnen redden!

“Dance Pantsed” is geproduceerd door Cartoon Network Studios, in samenwerking met UK’s Passion Pictures. Dave Smith is verantwoordelijk voor regie en Kevin Dart is art director.
    The special is called ''Dance Pantsed'' and is produced by CN Studios and UK's Passion Pictures. It's produced by Dave Smith and Kevin Dart is the art director. The English voices are done by Catherine Cavadini as Blossom, Tara Strong as Bubbles, E.G. Daily as Buttercup, Roger L. Jackson as Mojo Jojo, Tom Kane as the professor, Tom Kenny as the mayor and Ringo Starr (from The Beatles) as Fibonacci Sequins. Ringo Starr will also sing the song ''I Wish I Was A PowerPuff Girl!''.

It's all about a brainwashing computergame called ''Dance Pants R-EVILution'' made by Mojo Jojo. It looks like the professor will save the day, together with the PowerPuff Girls of course.

Everything else's already been mentioned in this topic, I think.