Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    MattBoo is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

MATTBOO'S FIRST THOUGHTS ON: "Uncle Grandpa"

Like This Thread!
    Okay, so there's this new show coming to Cartoon Network called "Uncle Grandpa", and from what I've seen, it looks terrible. If you liked that movie where The Mario Bros. are also father and son, then this probably just the nonsensical waste of celluloid for you.

The commercials I saw for this show are a bit annoying and could maybe lure in a 4 year old. And the sneak peek I saw last weekend wasn't any better. In fact, I'd consider it somewhat worse than these ads in annoyance and stupidity terms.

WARNING: SPOILERS

The sneak peek was Uncle Grandpa fishing with this irritating dweeb who keeps saying "UNCLE GRANDPA!" all the time like there's a serial killer in the house. Anyone remembers what "fishing" means?

( ♪ "Jeapordy" guessing music plays ♪ )

A: Hunting fish for food.

B: A family activity on a boat.

C: Fight a lot of insane creatures in a kid's mind on anesthetics.

The answer is... "C: Fight a lot of insane creatures in a kid's mind on anesthetics."

Yeah, that's right. Uncle Grandpa and the young nuisance are "fishing", which is apparently now a crazy expedition where you have to kill these... red bird/crab/fly things that shoot lasers out of their trunks... by shooting them with a gun that shoots rainbows...

(flips through script)

Yeah, um, how is this supposed to make sense again?

And they reach to some sort of safe where a HUGE bird/crab/fly something or another with more eyes take Uncle Grandpa and that broken record boy and Uncle Grandpa loses his rainbow gun and his... red bag thingy that talks gives him a blue firey sword and then stabs the red thing's claw and it pops out of existence?

(flips through script again)

Are the writers on something?

And then Uncle Grandpa trying unlocking the safe, and then the combination numbers end up with his face on them, and then it opens and water pours out and a fish flops out onto that kid who's stuck on repeat's net and he FINALLY says something else and thanks Uncle Grandpa for taking him fishing. And then, the sneak peek ends right then and there.

So, that was my first thoughts on Cartoon Network's upcoming show, Uncle Grandpa. And guess what I have to say? WHAT IN THE HOLY NAME OF HANNA-BARBERA DID I JUST WATCH?!

This sneak peek doesn't make any sense at all! I mean, come on! I bet whenever a 8 year old watches this, he's gonna pray to God that his mom and dad knows what the heck is going on, and his mom and dad are gonna hope HE knows too!

Not only that, but it's annoying. Words cannot describe how annoying this show looks. That kid with Uncle Grandpa never shuts up! Also, it's very loud and off the walls! And Uncle Grandpa looks and sounds pretty irritating. Even its annoyance is annoying!

Also, it looks kind of stupid. There are things which nouns and plurals get mixed up. Uncle Grandpa's calls his rainbow gun his "laser pointer" and calls his fire (?) sword his "letter opener".

Huh? Also, they only caught one fish. JUST ONE. Umm, I thought that you usually get a few fish while fishing, if that's what you call it.

I mean, an idea of an uncle grandpa? Well, time to bring up Nephew Sister-In-Law. Uncle Grandpa sounds so bland, dumb, and uninteresting! How did that ever get approved? I bet that this show will meet its fellow bad CN shows' similar fates, lasting over at least one season.

Also, I think they tried to put some jokes in there, but they are so buried under its strangeness and craziness that it can't really be caught. And when I DO find one, it sounds as dry and boned in as a Flash Canadian import. Something that you'll always find in Cartoon Network. Yeah, because their Cartoon Cartoons like Dexter's Laboratory, Courage the Cowardly Dog, The Powerpuff Girls, Mike, Lu & Og, etc. didn't put them on the map or make them Cartoon Network at all.

You know what? At times like this, I start to think that the Cartoon Network executives are extremley easy to amuse. With shows like this popping up, it would make sense if they'd laugh over a STINKIN' PEBBLE!

All of this stupid junk inside a measly little minute and a half sneak peek? The original Cartoon Network must be rolling around in its grave... Wait, I just remembered. I shouldn't be surprised that this show is looking horrid. It's created by the same moron who created Secret Mountain Fort Awesome! Actually, I think this feels like a spin-off of SMFA once you think about it for a while.

Yeah, I know. These are just first thoughts on this show, but when Sanjay and Craig's commercials were on Nickelodeon before it came out, it looked very stupid and terrible, and it ended out very juvenile yet surprisingly creative and dare I say funny. But, it's gonna take a miracle to see THIS as a good show.

God, Cartoon Network's bringing up a lot of bad show ideas. Take a look at this. Live-action, Secret Mountain Fort Awesome, The Problem Solverz, Uncle Grandpa. I can't wait to see more...

When I first saw the promos, I had very little hope for this show. In fact, I was surprised to even see this pass. I barely even know if this show has a plot or a story! Yep, your average Cartoon Network show alright.

Rating: I'm so disgusted of this abomination, I'd give it a ☆☆☆☆☆ (0/5 stars), but because they at least tried and because I'm feeling nice today, I'm giving it a ★☆☆☆☆ (1/5 stars) for effort.

I'll watch this show once it comes out next month and do a full review here afterwards. I'll tell you guys all my opinions. All my notes. All my secrets.

If it's a bit decent (it'll be huge breaking news if it even comes close) I'll probably tone down my disgust of this, and if it's bad (betcha $1,000,000) I'm pretty sure you're gonna see me as the Nostalgia Critic of ToonZone.net. Until then, see ya soon.

"Uncle Grandpa" FULL REVIEW coming soon...

~MattBoo

NOTICE TO EVERYONE: Okay, maybe I overreacted a little, but these are my first thoughts of this show. I may like this show but I may not. We'll see.

In fact, here's the sneak peek I was talking about. Prepare to regret watching it!
    Last edited by Light Lucario; 08-06-2013 at 02:41 PM. Reason: Please don't double post

HG Revolution is offline Truth (with crazy opinions!)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    ... I thought the clip was pretty amusing. Enjoyed the creative insanity surrounding a seemingly simple concept.

If your complaints about surrealist comedy cartoons is that they "don't make sense" or that the creators seem to be "on something", then obviously it's not for you. I'd also imagine if some of the trippier episodes of Courage aired today, you'd probably complain about them as well. And don't you try to compare your rage to the Nostalgia Critic when his point is to make fun of nostalgia, whereas you seem to be wallowing in it with all your talk about "the old Cartoon Network."
    Please donate to help with my senior project for school: my senior project! https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/t...ical/x/1210328
    My blog: http://the-lfb.com/author/rbaron/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HG Revolution View Post
    ... I thought the clip was pretty amusing. Enjoyed the creative insanity surrounding a seemingly simple concept.

If your complaints about surrealist comedy cartoons is that they "don't make sense" or that the creators seem to be "on something", then obviously it's not for you. I'd also imagine if some of the trippier episodes of Courage aired today, you'd probably complain about them as well. And don't you try to compare your rage to the Nostalgia Critic when his point is to make fun of nostalgia, whereas you seem to be wallowing in it with all your talk about "the old Cartoon Network."

Actually, I'm quite into surrealist humor. I use it alot for my cartoons. I find it the best type of humor for many cartoons. This show just looks horrible in my opinion. By the way, these are just my FIRST OPINIONS of this show, as the title implies. Maybe it might be good for me, or maybe it may suck.
    Last edited by MattBoo; 08-04-2013 at 06:24 PM. Reason: I forgot to add something. :/

Snack Attack is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    ...I'm not going to read all that.

But regardless, yeah, it looks like it might grow on me. I don't think it will be as much of a gross-out as SMFA was. They probably got a lot of notes from the network after that.

Convoy Rat is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I find it humorous that you are flipping through this so-called script that would really only consist of a page, since this is a 30 second clip.

What I'm getting at is that you're over analyzing this short sneek peak as if the entire first episode had just been presented to you. I don't have high hopes for this show either, but maybe you want to hold off on the rant until this show actually airs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    NOTICE TO EVERYONE: Okay, maybe I overreacted a little, but these are my first thoughts of this show. I may like this show but I may not. We'll see.

ILDC is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Convoy Rat View Post
    I find it humorous that you are flipping through this so-called script that would really only consist of a page, since this is a 30 second clip.
    I think it's a board-driven show, actually.

King_of_doom is offline kiva fan
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    You're just judging it by the previews? Have you actually seen the 2 pilots? At First you see it like a dumb show but it grows on you and honestly the pilots where actually funny, can't decide which i like more if the first one or the 2nd since it has some funny moments, weird but not bad.

Anyway yes have overacted........really you did, anyway try watching the pilots might give you a different perspective towards it.
    Last edited by King_of_doom; 08-06-2013 at 09:53 AM.
    You'll never get credit for my discovery,Who's going to believe a talking head? Get a job in a sideshow*Herbert West*

Deadpool: They replace Megas XLR for this!? Man where’s the world coming to

ILDC is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by King_of_doom View Post
    You're just judging it by the previews? Have you actually seen the 2 pilots? At First you see it like a dumb show but it grows on you and honestly the pilots where actually, can't decide which i like more if the first one or the 2nd since it has some funny moments, weird but not bad.

Anyway yes have overacted........really you did, anyway try watching the pilots might give you a different perspective towards it.
    Is the second pilot the Secret Mountain Fort Awesome episode?

Pelvix is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    You're not gonna do this with every single new cartoon that comes out are you?...
    It was just a preview and you're acting like it causes a horrible disease or something.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast