Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    PokemonTVDub is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    I actually really like it. No offense to girls, but it's nice to have a show with an all-male cast for a change.I can't recall a recent show, except for maybe Regular Show, that doesn't have at least one important female character.

Light Lucario is offline Moderator
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RandomMe View Post
    See? CN is meh nowadays when it comes to third-party action shows.
    I don't really watch a lot of their third party action shows. The only ones that I actively watch are Pokemon and Beyblade and both are more interesting than what I've seen of this show. Out of the two, I love Pokemon, while Beyblade is decent fun. This is just generic so far and not even kind of interesting generic, if that makes any sense.

As for the lack of female leads, I didn't notice that before, but that's not much of a plus for me. Seeing only boys getting adventures and important roles is kind of boring. Although, if there was an important female character in this show, she'd probably be generic love interest or cheerleader given how this show has handled the characters, so it wouldn't have been much better if that was the case.

Gold Guy is offline This ain't Pokemon!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I just wanted to ask: Am I the only one who finds every single character, aside from the protagonist, to be rally annoying? All of his friends are annoying, comic relief, over-confident, and really dumb, not necessarily in that order. One of the friends has this older sister who is also grating. The old man is annoyingly vague, I can't take any of the villains seriously yet, and the Lego blocks are pretty much cannon fodder. But am I the only one who thinks this?
    Random quote (changes once in a while)

"What could possibly be wrong with gaining knowledge and information?"
    - Izzy, Digimon
    My Twitter: https://twitter.com/AnimeExBurst

Light Lucario is offline Moderator
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gold Guy View Post
    I just wanted to ask: Am I the only one who finds every single character, aside from the protagonist, to be rally annoying? All of his friends are annoying, comic relief, over-confident, and really dumb, not necessarily in that order. One of the friends has this older sister who is also grating. The old man is annoyingly vague, I can't take any of the villains seriously yet, and the Lego blocks are pretty much cannon fodder. But am I the only one who thinks this?
    I've only see the first two episodes, but I didn't find his friend that bad. I could see why you'd find him annoying though with his dialogue. The old man is annoyingly vague and the villains were hard to take seriously. The lead was okay, but pretty bland and typical for a young lead for a toyetic series. Nothing really bothered me that much about the show, but it felt pretty uninspiring, so I haven't bothered to keep up with the episodes.

DonkeyKongSong is online now Senior Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I kinda like the idea of the villains not taking themselves too seriously. Also, while the old man is vague, he still seems to be a guide, something else that sets this show apart from others. This week's episode in particular really impressed me, mostly because the knights actually lost to Vilius instead of just automatically being super powerful. I agree that the green and yellow guys are kind of annoying, but the blue guy (Ceyleon, I think his name is) isn't that annoying to me at all.

Takao is offline Fight the darkness all around
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Teletoon has picked up Tenkai Knights, and will premiere it on September 28th. They'll do a marathon to catch up with the US broadcasts.
    I Miss Bionix - Canada's only source for anime news
    Project Rising Beetle - The #1 English Medabots community
    NearVita.com - Exclusive news, reviews and more on the PlayStation Vita

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DonkeyKongSong View Post
    I kinda like the idea of the villains not taking themselves too seriously. Also, while the old man is vague, he still seems to be a guide, something else that sets this show apart from others. This week's episode in particular really impressed me, mostly because the knights actually lost to Vilius instead of just automatically being super powerful. I agree that the green and yellow guys are kind of annoying, but the blue guy (Ceyleon, I think his name is) isn't that annoying to me at all.
    Well, I was also glad that Villius defeated them, but I didn't like how then the old man claimed that they lost because they were over-confident. What? The original Knights couldn't defeat Villius! Even if the kids hadn't been over-confident, how could they have won? That annoyed me a bit.

- Izzy, Digimon

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Well, I was also glad that Villius defeated them, but I didn't like how then the old man claimed that they lost because they were over-confident. What? The original Knights couldn't defeat Villius! Even if the kids hadn't been over-confident, how could they have won? That annoyed me a bit.
    Yeah, that part kind of annoyed me too. However, I do like that they didn't resort to something a little more cliché like causing them to lose immediately to the underlings or causing it to mess with their RoboFusion (I actually thought that was going to happen). I hope they're not going to just be able to defeat Villius next week or that overconfidence was the only block in their path.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DonkeyKongSong View Post
    Yeah, that part kind of annoyed me too. However, I do like that they didn't resort to something a little more cliché like causing them to lose immediately to the underlings or causing it to mess with their RoboFusion (I actually thought that was going to happen). I hope they're not going to just be able to defeat Villius next week or that overconfidence was the only block in their path.
    Oh, I wouldn't worry about that. We still have over 45 episodes left for the show, there's no way that they'll defeat Villius this soon (unless we get some kind of plot twist, like Villius is actually working for someone else.)

- Izzy, Digimon

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Oh, I wouldn't worry about that. We still have over 45 episodes left for the show, there's no way that they'll defeat Villius this soon (unless we get some kind of plot twist, like Villius is actually working for someone else.)
    Good point ;-) I just don't want them to beat Vilius too early. It would just make seem too overpowered to be able to do that off the bat. I actually liked how Guren and Ceyleon were getting used to their powers in the first episode, and them arguing with the machine that had their powers ("Command not recognized!") was just golden if you ask me.

About the other two guys... I don't really hate them, I just find them bland and lacking in personality. It's possible they might get some development later on, but so far, only Guren and Ceyleon seem worth caring about to me now.