Quantcast
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Splufay is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    On the whole jerkiness subject, I'm glad that the show has had the character develop over time, but it's also saddening to know that we're at the point where episodes regarding Benson being on Mordecai and Rigby's case during work aren't really going to be showing up anymore. I know the show was never really all that work-based in the first place, but it's sort of saddening to know that it's less than likely we're going to see many work-related episodes in the future. Episodes like Just Set Up the Chairs, This Is My Jam (to an extent), Grave Sights, and some others I can't think of off that top of my head mostly revolved around Mordecai and Rigby doing their jobs and they came out as some of the finest episodes the show has to offer.

EDIT: I looked at some season 4 episodes and I guess Firework Run could fall under the category as "work-related", even though it really seems to lose that focus after a while. It just seems like nowadays all of the episodes are character-driven and because of that we can't just have any basic "Mordecai and Rigby working, and then screw something up" episodes. I'm not saying I want all episodes to be like this, but those episodes tend to be the funniest ones when they just have a simple premise like that.
    Last edited by Splufay; 06-21-2013 at 04:21 PM.

TitanicForce is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Splufay View Post
    On the whole jerkiness subject, I'm glad that the show has had the character develop over time, but it's also saddening to know that we're at the point where episodes regarding Benson being on Mordecai and Rigby's case during work aren't really going to be showing up anymore. I know the show was never really all that work-based in the first place, but it's sort of saddening to know that it's less than likely we're going to see many work-related episodes in the future. Episodes like Just Set Up the Chairs, This Is My Jam (to an extent), Grave Sights, and some others I can't think of off that top of my head mostly revolved around Mordecai and Rigby doing their jobs and they came out as some of the finest episodes the show has to offer.

EDIT: I looked at some season 4 episodes and I guess Firework Run could fall under the category as "work-related", even though it really seems to lose that focus after a while. It just seems like nowadays all of the episodes are character-driven and because of that we can't just have any basic "Mordecai and Rigby working, and then screw something up" episodes. I'm not saying I want all episodes to be like this, but those episodes tend to be the funniest ones when they just have a simple premise like that.
    Those episodes are well done and they're also relateable, which is one of my favorite things about this show. Anybody who's had a less than glorious job can really relate to the episodes revolving around mundane tasks and trying to survive the work week to make it to the weekend. That charm was part of what hooked me to the show, as a young adult.

bobhobob is offline Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I couldn't stand "Fortune Cookie". The plot wan't very original, for the most part, and the ending "plot twist" fell flat. It's funny when something bad happens to Benson the first time, but over and over it starts to get on my nerves.
    "And then you put the deep fryer in the deep fryer."

Vaporleaf is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I have to like "Fortune Cookie" because it guest stars James Hong as a mad, giant, Chinese warlock with an evil fanny pack. xD
    Come along with me
    To a cliff under a tre
    FREDERATOR

King_of_doom is offline kiva fan
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaporleaf View Post
    I have to like "Fortune Cookie" because it guest stars James Hong as a mad, giant, Chinese warlock with an evil fanny pack. xD
    Not to mention an obvious parody/homage to his character Lo Pan from the movie Big Trouble in Little China.
    You'll never get credit for my discovery,Who's going to believe a talking head? Get a job in a sideshow*Herbert West*

Deadpool: They replace Megas XLR for this!? Man where’s the world coming to

Vaporleaf is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It's awesome even without having seen Big Trouble in Little China.
    Come along with me
    To a cliff under a tre
    FREDERATOR

fsaenz0125 is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Most episodes are rated under 7 in my opinion:

The unicorns have got to go - Season 1's weakest episode because of the titular characters.

Muscle Woman - I didn't liked the whole episode that much save for the couple lines HFG spoke and the chase scene.

House Rules - I wasn't too fond of the storyline here. I didn't laughed very much in the episode and Benson's home rules look like I don't want to live with those.

Best Burger in the World - While this episode made me hungry with those tasty looking burger, Benson was at his worst (I would rather watch the very ending of Replaced than to see him in this episode). He ate both of the guys' burgers which was wrong. The burger only kept my score from low b/c again they looks awesome. No more jerk Benson again.

Acess Denied- Nothing much happen here. It was disappointing to see that Mordecai and Rigby ended up being in the wrong club. Definitely not writing a storyline like that.

Muscle Mentor - Benson again and Muscle Man's mentoring getting weaker once time passes. Thankfully Benson got better after this episode.

The Best VHS in the World - There weren't much humor and the elf looking character was annoying.

Starter Pack - Already Muscle Man centered and I didn't liked that Mordecai and Rigby think Thomas pranked Muscle Man and it turns out that Thomas helped Muscle Man prank them. Downer ending.

Quips - I understand anyone's opinion. Quips is annoying as heck but not as much as my classmates who are more insane/annoying than Quips. I hated that he ticked the giant baby off.

That's all for the list. Out of all the episodes, Muscle Woman was the worst and I hasn't even seen it since the day it premiered.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123