Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast
    looneyfan93 is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Bad news, LTS and SD:MI fans! The shows are cancelled!

Like This Thread!
    Yep. You heard me. Both the Looney Tunes Show and Scooby Doo: Mystery Incorporated have been cancelled and it's not a joke. I've been told by one of the people working on TLTS about it (this person shall remain unnamed), so you can be sure that it's the official news.

The executive producers of both shows, Spike Brandt and Tony Cervone, meant from the beginning to make only 52 episodes for each show, so they can run daily on CN. So much for the cause of cancellation.

Here's some extra news for the Scooby fans. Spike and Tony are planning to make another Scooby Doo series since the character is so popular. (Just like Tom and Jerry who are already returning in a new show that's coming up this year).

What about the Looney Tunes? Well, nothing yet, that's for sure. No plans for them right now. However, anything can happen, so we'll just wait until Spike and Tony come up with some new show for the Looney Tunes. As for now, TH-TH-TH-THAT'S ALL FOLKS!
    Join our Polish Association of Warner Bros. Animation Fans on Facebook today!

http://www.facebook.com/groups/406336332752024/

Brad12 is offline Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Can you give us a source that proves this? Cuz after all, Looney Tunes WAS announced at the upfront for returning series. We don't need to know the name of the person but is there a source that proves this? There should be at least that.

Sketch is offline not like those other old guys
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    It seemed pretty likely Looney Tunes Show was only going to last 52 episodes. That's a good run. MAD will probably end with roughly 52 half hours (104 standard episodes) and Tom & Jerry will most likely last about 52 episodes as well. I was not expecting 78 half hours out of any of them because CN doesn't do that much especially for Warner Bros. cartoons which they do not fully own.

Do you like making Fantasy Schedules? Come check out Elsewhere

Read ramblings from myself and other animation and comic enthusiasts on The Scratch Pad

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    That person told me on FB. Appearantly the WB execs changed their minds and cancelled it seeing as it was heavily criticized in the beginning.

Gold Starz is offline "Evil Resides In Crystal Cove"
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Nnnnnnnnnnnnnnoooooooooooo, Scooby Doo was cancelled? It's almost as if it's deathslotting on weekdays was a hint.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I also said that the producers are planning another Scooby Doo series since he's so popular, so don't you worry. Read the whole thing, will ya?

Sketch is offline not like those other old guys
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Yeah so about a year from now we'll probably get another Scooby-Doo series but you really start to ask yourself if they shouldn't just keep the same show going instead of rebooting again. I'm guessing CN/WB wants Spike and Tony to make a more traditional Scooby-Doo series that isn't continuity heavy.

Do you like making Fantasy Schedules? Come check out Elsewhere

Read ramblings from myself and other animation and comic enthusiasts on The Scratch Pad

Brad12 is offline Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This doesnt really make a lot of sense. Tony Cervone said so himself that he and Spike would be moving on from Scooby after it was finished. As for the whole "Looney Tunes being criticized from the beginning" that never stopped them before seeing as how they continued on with a second season. besides if it was that big a deal they could easily change up the formula for a later season. I'm friends with him and Mitch Watson on facebook so i'll prob ask them for myself to be sure.

CartoonFridays is offline Promoted to detective.
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Slick Snyder gets out of another one.
    Young lady, I'm an expert on humans!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Plus, I don't think the sitcom format would work for the Looney Tunes anyway.

Well, if I only could, I'd add Wile E. Coyote to the suburban setting as a local (accidental) genius (pretty much like Tiny Toons' Calamity Coyote or The Simpsons' Professor Frink) who's still after the Road Runner, but Wile E. would move to the cul-de-sac (as Bugs and Daffy's new neighbor) thinking that it'd be a better place to make inventions, while still chasing the Road Runner on the desert. That would lead to many clever interactions and funny situations between him and the others and it would even make the writing style more "wacky". Just think about it. Wile E. Coyote as Bugs and Daffy's new neighbor. It has so many possibilities. I've even came up with two cool story ideas.
    1) Wile E. moves into the neighborhood and Daffy thinks that he's a spy.
    2) One of Wile E.'s inventions causes Lola and Tina to switch personalities. I came up with this one when I realized that Tina's attitude is similar to that of Space Jam's Lola Bunny and Lola's current personality is what (in my opinion) Melissa Duck would be like if she wasn't redesigned into Tina Russo.
    Too bad they decided to cancel it. I mean, my concept would pretty much improve the show's writing style. Don't tell me this wouldn't work.

Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast