Quantcast
    Splufay is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Unaired Episodes of The Problem Solverz on Netflix

Like This Thread!
    I don't know how many people on this site were fans of the show, because obviously it didn't have a fanbase on the scale of Adventure Time and Regular Show, but I still think people should know that Netflix has 8 unaired episodes up on the site.

Honestly, I've only watched the first 3 of the unaired eps, and I really feel like the tone of the show has changed dramatically. The intro has been replaced with one that's very sub-par and extremely short. By the third episode they changed the designs of the characters a bit too, maybe to make them look a little more pleasing, but in my mind, it takes away from them.

The storylines also feel like they're dragging on, because so far in the three episodes I've watched, there hasn't been any danger for the crew whatsoever. They broke the formula of someone contacting them for help every episode, and instead, they're giving the characters their own stories. It just doesn't seem to work for a show like this.

I hope some other people check out these episodes and give their opinions on them, too, because I want some reassurance that I'm not the only one who thinks these episodes are different.

The Huntsman is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I don’t have Netflix, as my satellite connection wouldn’t really work with it. Limited bandwidth and all. However, the show’s facebook is still alive and they’re trying to put episodes up on there for people to watch. Maybe those episodes will make their way on there. I still like the show, even if it was never really that good. It grew on me as I watched more and more of it.
    Watch The Amazing World Of Gumball on Cartoon Network!
    Follow Ben Bocquelet on twitter!
    Like The Amazing World Of Gumball on facebook!

Mister Modular is offline Miss Carmody
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    We don't have Netflix anymore (or at least, I don't think we still do) but I'm interested in seeing how different the designs look...and of course the other episodes, too.
    Thinking of a number.

RandomMe is online now Stave it off
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    222 Post(s)
    Yes. I just want to see it. Even though we don't have Netflix over here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I have Netflix, but I've only gotten as far as the first four episodes of the show. Not really a bad show (has the feel about it of an old 80's video game), but this show would be more at home on [AS] with ATHF and others like it. Just put in a little profanity and a little raunch, that's all. Too bad it was the character designs that had viewers running away from it in droves (faces that looked like the back end of a horse and Alfe looking like the end product of said horse).
    Last edited by PeppeRaskell1; 04-05-2013 at 07:23 AM. Reason: Wanted to say a little more...
    "Legends never die. Networks kill them..."

"Crimefighters...don't cry...(HONK!)"

"あなたの弾丸は私に害を与えることができない。私の翼は鋼鉄の盾のようである!"

"This is my childhood. Don't mess with my childhood..."

"You just became part of a bigger universe. You just don't know it yet..."

RandomMe is online now Stave it off
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    222 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PeppeRaskell1 View Post
    I have Netflix, but I've only gotten as far as the first four episodes of the show. Not really a bad show (has the feel about it of an old 80's video game), but this show would be more at home on [AS] with ATHF and others like it. Just put in a little profanity and a little raunch, that's all. Too bad it was the character designs that had viewers running away from it in droves (faces that looked like the back end of a horse and Alfe looking like the end product of said horse).
    And that's why The Problem Solverz never aired outside of the US and A...

Splufay is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    List of unaired episodes on Netflix:
    Spoiler:

Making of The Problem Solverz Video Game
    Alfe is Da Boss
    Roba Has Dreadlocks
    Alfe Has a Baby
    Zazz Boyz are Zazzing It Up
    Yogurt Nights
    Super Close TV Watching
    Alfe's Gonna Run Away

As I said above, with these new episodes, the show in general becomes much more character-driven. I don't know if this was in response to the criticism from the first part of the season, but it's a shame they decided to change it. The new episodes are able to crank out some pretty decent laughs (especially Super Close TV Watching, that episode was by far the funniest of the entire series) but it feels like the craziness and uniqueness of everything was lost in the process.

As for the character design changes, I can't find any decent pictures except for this one, which isn't very good either:
    Spoiler:

As unlikely as it may be, I really hope that IF the show were to get picked up for another season, it would revert back to it's old format. However in any case, I would just enjoy seeing new episodes regardless of whether or not they're in the new style or old.