Quantcast

View Poll Results: Should "No Smoking" and "Buffalo Gals" be aired? And what about editing racist J

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes and completely un-edited.

    2 66.67%
  • Yes but completely checked and edited.

    1 33.33%
  • Yes but very rare and at night.

    0 0%
  • No with a little air one night.

    0 0%
  • NEVER EVER. SHOULD BE BANNED EVERYWHERE AND NOT AIRED ANYWHERE.

    0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 14 of 14
  1. #11
    Dr.Pepper's Avatar
    Dr.Pepper is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    In A House
    Posts
    6,973
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.whocares View Post
    Considering older episodes of RS and AT both say "crap" and "pissed", I'm sure SMOKING is okay on CN.
    Buffalo Gals, eh. It has a bucket load of innuendo, but come on, Kids won't get that! I hate soccer moms and how they hate on little innuendo in cartoons. It's put in so adults can enjoy it. Kids have no clue what they are even talking about during the reference.
    I agree with PhenomsServant4 on the Jynx one.
    I think that CN (and probably most everyone else) tries to avoid showing smoking in kids' shows. As for the innuendo, I think that some people (as in adults) found it offensive. Also people don't want there kids to go around daycare saying that they like to "chew on carpet" just because they heard it in a cartoon. Sure the kids won't know what it really means, and the parents would rather not have to explain something when the kid isn't ready yet.
    An authentic blend of 23 flavors
    Want to read some movie reviews? Check out the blog
    http://animatedmoviegoddess.blogspot.com/

  2. #12
    Eggy's Avatar
    Eggy is offline DA EGGY
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Really?
    Posts
    142
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Pepper View Post
    I think that CN (and probably most everyone else) tries to avoid showing smoking in kids' shows. As for the innuendo, I think that some people (as in adults) found it offensive. Also people don't want there kids to go around daycare saying that they like to "chew on carpet" just because they heard it in a cartoon. Sure the kids won't know what it really means, and the parents would rather not have to explain something when the kid isn't ready yet.
    There was a cigarette in The Adventures Of Sonic The Hedgehog cartoon.

  3. #13
    Light Lucario's Avatar
    Light Lucario is offline Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    In a Dream World
    Posts
    18,028
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggy View Post
    There was a cigarette in The Adventures Of Sonic The Hedgehog cartoon.
    That was from a cartoon that aired years ago. More recent cartoons aimed at kids most likely wouldn't be allowed to show a cigarette or smoking, even if it was anti-smoking. I can't see Cartoon Network, or any other channel aimed at kids, showing smoking on their shows.

  4. #14
    ToonsDooko is offline Newbie
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    6
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Light Lucario View Post
    That was from a cartoon that aired years ago. More recent cartoons aimed at kids most likely wouldn't be allowed to show a cigarette or smoking, even if it was anti-smoking. I can't see Cartoon Network, or any other channel aimed at kids, showing smoking on their shows.
    I agree. Smoking was a very frequent action in old cartoons (some, not all, for children), but now Looney Tunes is always edited for smoking, (even though it was not meant for kids), and I have not seen any smoking from a cartoon from 1999-present that I have seen. I have seen mild references though. They have shown that you should not smoke, and is being a reliable by editing these or not including these in programming meant for children.

    Ofcom made a complaint on smoking on Tom and Jerry in 2006, but I do not have the link.

    Let's be glad that kids don't smoke as well.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

 
toonzone quick jump
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO