Search the Site:
Follow Us:
    {Shadow} is offline Toonami - Saturdays 11:30p-6a! Blosics 3 Champion Angry Animals Champion
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

TALKBACK - Ben 10: Omniverse - "Have I Got a Deal for You" - [10/13]

Like This Thread!

Episode 005 - - Number 105

Have I Got a Deal for You
    premieres
    TODAY at 9:00 AM
    repeats
    SUNDAY at 9:00 AM & 8:00 PM
    TUESDAY at 9:30 AM
    FRIDAY at 7:00 AM

This week...
    Ben must contain a giant alien that goes on a rampage, but an alien-rights activist doesn't want the creature hurt.

Dudley is offline <- Watch the cartoon!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    That sounds like it'll be funny. But I'm gonna get an extra hour of sleep and watch it on CN's site later in the day.

Conroy reviews Family Guy
    (Last episode)

zoombie is offline Forum Elder
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    They got Charles Adler to voice a character. Cool, that guy is a voice over legend.

HEATXZ is offline Duck Knght
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Great episode
    Good to see Ampfibian,Swampfire,Jury Rigg,Grey Matter,and Nanomech in the show
    The Shocksquach fight at the beginning was awesome
    Greatest Funniest Character nominations ,Feel free to visit my Toonzone Blog

trance2009 is offline Fun to play with not to eat
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Charlie Adler's voice just cracks you up by default. His characters are always so smug or so sickengly cute.

Lonestarr is offline Stop eating my sesame cake!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Full disclosure: I cheered a little when the hippie alien's head was knocked off.
    I feel that a big problem with today's society is that we don't listen to our fellow man -- especially when I'm talking.
    "Never be afraid to borrow from those wiser than yourself." - Mr. Jimmy (voice of David Arquette) on "Pelswick"
    "What do I care what some yahoo like Lonestarr posts on the internet?" - President Skroob (voice of Mel Brooks) on "Spaceballs: the Series"
    Links in a chain: DeviantArt | Fanfiction.net | Mr. Cellophane

Dudley is offline <- Watch the cartoon!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It was a little slow at parts, but them trying to contain the creature afterwards had some funny moments. It was great to hear Charlie Adler.
    So Ben can still switch out between aliens, but he doesn't get to pick which ones? That's great because it still keeps him from being overpowered.

Conroy reviews Family Guy
    (Last episode)

Light Lucario is online now Moderator
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I thought that this was an okay episode. The beginning did kind of drag on for me and the alien activist was seriously annoying, especially when he still went on about freeing the alien despite how that led to a huge problem the first time. Though, that probably was the point. I thought that I recognized Charlie Adler's voice so that was kind of cool. I also liked how Ben can switch between aliens but can't get the one he wants since that does prevent him from being overpowered. Overall, it was an okay episode, but hopefully next week's episode will be more interesting to watch.

Manga4life is offline DYNAMITE's PULP FIESTA BLOG!!!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I liked the animation last week when they focused on younger Ben but the animation and the way they draw Ben as a teen doesn't really make him look much different than he does as a child, I'm not really digging the animation much at all unfortunately. I prefer the Ultimate Alien/Alien Force animation to this 10 fold.

This episode was pretty boring in my opinion, nothing really cool happened and the enemies in this episode were fairly boring. There were one or two cool parts that featured some classic Ben 10 style action, but all in all it was a bit of a snooze fest for me and I have to say that I'm not 100% sold on this new series.

Yeah, I have a....

Blog! Latest blog entry 1/2/2013 - "Valiant Entertainment: The BEST publisher in comics today!"

I have a Twitter, follow me!

Luminak is offline Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The environment and the aliens feel so much more colorful than the original series, I really feel like things are moving! This was more of a 'for fun' episode but I was amused that the 'wildvine' was a hippie (really funny to me) and of course charlie adler. It has been confirmed by derrick wyatt that this show is getting rid of the 'odd' continuities like the sheer existence of primus and some stuff with gwen and kevin (gwen being more 'magical' with incantations and kevin's backstory possibly being altered).

So I'm really sticking around to seeing how they're going to fix this show. Already I feel a difference. I don't know if it's just me or does ben feel more likable? Like before the show kept pandering to his ego by making ben always in the right, but omniverse seems to acknowledge that he isn't. That alone to me is a vast improvement.
    "When a woman acquires a certain age, and the men who adored your no longer swooned, it pays to avoid the sunlit days and live behind the light of the kindly moon. But the moon grows old just like all of us do, and her beautiful years are done. So now she prays through endless days to take her revenge on the sun!" -Yzma ('The Kingdom of the Sun')

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Some wacky hijinks await in today's episode of Ben 10: Omniverse.

*We kick start this episode in the underground alien city, where Ben (as Shocksquatch) is battling a villain from Alien Force & Ultimate Alien, Sunder! Sounds like Powers Boothe didn't reprise the role, his new voice does sound a lot creepier now.

*In the middle of the crowd, a green, four-armed alien salesman tries to sell something to the crowed members; it isn't until after a few declines does the salesman's curiosity is peeked and sees Ben, to which he says "Jack pot". It is very obvious that this salesman is voiced by none other, than Charlie Adler! He's using Red Guy (from Cow & Chicken)'s voice for this salesman.

*Shocksquatch manages to beat Sunder and changes back to Ben. It's at this moment when the alien salesman takes the chance to pitch a sale to Ben and reveals his name to be "Professor Blarney T. Hokestar".

*Hokestar elaborates that the item he is trying to pitch is his so called "miracle elixir". Ben is savvy enough to turn down the offer, but Hokestar isn't deterred and instead asks for a volunteer so that he may demonstrate the elixir's capabilities.

*A character resembling one of Charmcaster's stone creature (who, apparently, had a cameo in the first episode) "volunteers". He reveals his name to be "Solid Plugg" and is not very good at disguising the fact that he is the professor's right-hand alien.

*The elixer doesn't do what Hokestar expected, but he manages to improvise well enough to con three aliens. Ben is still unimpressed, but Hokestar remains calm all while stating he "appreciates the challenge of a hard sale" and takes him to his vehicle.

*I really liked the carnival-style music that played when Ben was looking at the toys at Hokestar's stand.

*Ben comes across a sum slammer figure he doesn't have yet and Hokestar gladly let's Ben keep it "with [his] complements". Ben cautiously asks the professor why he is being so generous, to which he replies that it wouldn't hurt to have a hero as a spokesman. Ben says that Hokestar's items seem harmless, even if they are weird and concludes that he'll think about it, a reply Hokestar graciously accepts. After Ben leaves, Hokestar confidently assures Solid Plugg that he's certain Ben will "come around"...

*While walking through the streets of Under Town, Ben calls Rook and asks him to do a search on Hokestar on the extranet. Rook's findings confirm that Hokestar is nothing more than a harmless flim flam and assures Ben he'll come if he needs help.

*After calling Rook, Ben meets...a Florauna (Wildvine's species) Hippie! The Florauna Hippie proceeds to compliment Ben on his heroics and asks him to help free an alien that Hokestar is using for his elixir. The Florauna Hippie's voice is simply hilarious and sounds a lot like Leo from That 70s Show.

*Ben and the Florauna Hippie arrive at Hokestar's vehicle and knock on the door...no answer. Ben decides they will have to wait until he comes back, but the Florauna Hippie convinces him to turn into Spider Monkey and sneak in.

*Spider Monkey agrees with the Florauna Hippie that the inside of Hokestar's ship is at least creepy and asks where this captured alien is, to which the hippie answers by pulling a switch to reveal an endangered and rare alien in a small dome, known as a "Skreegit". Ben gushing over the Skreegit's cuteness was a Crowning Moment of Funny!

*When Ben asks what trouble Hokestar is causing to the Skreegit, the Florauna Hippie once again demonstrates by showing Ben a machine that extracts the Skreegit's milk to use in the "miracle elixir".

*Soon enough, Hokestar catches the two! While threatening them with a laser gun, he trips on an item...and we hear a zap!

*We then see the Florauna Hippie's top half has been blasted off! Not long after Ben and Hokestar start panicking, the Florauna Hippie reveals, much like Cell from Dragonball Z, he can regenerate! I got a good laugh how the hippie calmly said how that "was a rush"!

*After quickly putting the laser gun away, Hokestar asks why they are at his ship. The Florauna Hippie reveals his name to be "Pax" and that he is an "Alien Rights Activist". Hokestar says that milking the Skreegit is meant to relieve stress, much like what milking a cow does. Ben notices that the Skreegit seems happy, much like a pet, but Pax doesn't seem to agree.

*Getting fed up with Pax and Hokestar's arguing, Ben decides to just take the Skreegit until he gets some answers! Solid Plugg shows up from grocery shopping and tries to stop Ben!

*Ben decides to transform into AmpFibian and gives the other three a shock...except Solid Plugg is unaffected. If Ben played Pokémon, he would know that ground types are immune to electric types! I got a kick out of Solid Plugg's "Muttley laugh"!

*AmpFibian escapes to head to the Plumber Base, while Hokestar and Pax call for him and still argue with each other!

*While calling Rook to put him up to speed on what's going on, the Skreegit escapes and grows! Rook tells Ben that Skreegits are dangerous and rushes off to help him!

*Pax catches up to Ben and is shocked to see the now giant sized Skreegit! When Ben asks him why this happened, Pax acts confused, stating that Skreegits only act this way when exposed to nitrogen...which Ben shouts that nitrogen is in Earth's atmosphere! Pax asks him why he didn't tell him, to which Ben replies why he didn't ask him, pointing out it isn't part of daily conversation. Ben's "mock conversation starter" about nitrogen was priceless!

*Ben turns into Swampfire to try and stop the Skreegit...but to no avail!

*Ben tries to turn into Fast Track next...but becomes Wildmutt, instead! You have no idea how happy I am he didn't turn into Fast Track! Wildmutt having Pax ride him (much to Pax's lack of willingness to do so) was pretty funny.

*Meanwhile, in Under Town, Hokestar and Solid Plugg use a motorcycle to rush to the Skreegit sighting!

*Wildmutt and Pax manage to catchup to the Skreegit...just in time to see it destroy a part of some train tracks!

*Ben tries to change into a big alien...but ends up becoming Jury Rigg (whose got a great redesign)...then Gray Matter (returning for the first time since the Original Series)...and then Nanomech (whose voice isn't as annoying as it was in Ultimate Alien). Finally, he turns into Bloxx and acts as "substitute tracks" just in time!

*Once the train safely passes, Hokestar and Solid Plugg arrive; the latter starts to fight Pax and the former reveals the name of Bloxx's species, a "Segmentasapien". Hokestar continues to say that a Segmentasapien is the perfect alien to contain the Skreegit to give him enough time to vacuum out the nitrogen so that it'll return to normal!

*Bloxx tries to contain the Skreegit, but Pax hinders his efforts (and still does even when the Skreegit literally bites his head off)!

*Eventually, Bloxx gets Pax off him long enough to contain the Skreegit and for Hokestar to vacuum out the nitrogen. Just as the professor said, the Skreegit returned to normal and he quickly puts a dome around him to ensure no more nitrogen gets in.

*Pax still doesn't give up and tries to run off with the Skreegit...but immediately gets stopped by Rook and the plumbers. Derrick J. Wyatt was nice enough to reveal what exact charges Pax received.

*Solid Plugg also gets arrested, but Hokestar actually doesn't...so long as he lets the plumbers have the Skreegit. I'm guessing it's because they're cutting him a break for helping to stop its rampage.

*The episode ends with Rook saying he gets Hokestar's motives, but not Pax's. Ben answers that Pax means well...which makes him more dangerous. We also see Solid Plugg trying to escape and the plumbers dog piling him to stop him. I got a kick out of Solid Plugg's "Muttley Grumble".

A fine episode. Not strongest so far, but still not a terrible one. Hokestar and Pax were both funny (it was nice to have Charlie Adler as a guest star) and there were a couple of other funny moments. Going by the crew members' statements about each season of Omniverse having 10 episodes each, that would mean were now halfway through Season 1! Looking forward to the second half of Season 1!

Frontier is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It was great seeing Grey Matter again, even if Ben didn't actually use him for anything. Hopefully flashbacks to past Ben will give Grey Matter a chance to shine again.

Pax was amusing, and his appearance here made me wonder whether Ben will actually use Wildivine in Omniverse. Because at this rate, appearances by his species will beat out actual appearances by him!

Huh, count me surprised we saw Swampfire again. I'd think that with present Ben having access to Heatblast, he wouldn't have any need for Swampfire or vice versa. But then again, the new Omitrix doesn't give him much of a choice...