Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    DonkeyKongSong is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shift View Post
    At least digital distribution would be nice...
    Well lookee here:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/tv-seaso...-2/id337364228

Dragnatek is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The episode if it ever airs will not live up to the hype. some bleeped out curse words will not make it as edgy as your minds have hyped this thing to be. It's better if Rude Removal is left heard but not seen so our minds continue to believe it's far greater then is actually is. From what I hear it's no worse then the other "kid hears curse word and repeats it constantly" episode in cartoons.

fredinandus is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It doesn't even matter if it's good or not. What's exciting is that we are going to see it after 15 years.

Ishtar is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragnatek
    The episode if it ever airs will not live up to the hype. some bleeped out curse words will not make it as edgy as your minds have hyped this thing to be. It's better if Rude Removal is left heard but not seen so our minds continue to believe it's far greater then is actually is. From what I hear it's no worse then the other "kid hears curse word and repeats it constantly" episode in cartoons.
    Well, except there actually IS an uncensored version of Rude Removal, which was what was reportedly shown at Comic Con.

Shift is offline Brave Warrior of the Sea
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DonkeyKongSong View Post
    Well, whaddayaknow... :')

Storyboard Artist for The Sonic Fan Film

Toonatic is online now Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    If CN DID wanna show this, couldn't they consider bleeping the foul language like animal or sound effects? I mean I know it's not like the Spongebob episode "Sailor Mouth" or the PPG episode "Curses" where any bad word was used for the basis, but if they used the idea I mentioned, could it work? Would kids or parents even cared?

Baiscally, all that's bad in that episode was the foul language and nothing else, right?

Ishtar is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toonatic
    If CN DID wanna show this, couldn't they consider bleeping the foul language like animal or sound effects? I mean I know it's not like the Spongebob episode "Sailor Mouth" or the PPG episode "Curses" where any bad word was used for the basis, but if they used the idea I mentioned, could it work? Would kids or parents even cared?

Baiscally, all that's bad in that episode was the foul language and nothing else, right?
    According to Fred Seibert and Genndy, this was originally planned to air with the curses beeped, but the censors still found it too risky.

DonkeyKongSong is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ishtar View Post
    According to Fred Seibert and Genndy, this was originally planned to air with the curses beeped, but the censors still found it too risky.
    I still find it odd that they find this to be too risky, yet an episode of Baby Looney Tunes with squeaky-toy noises made it, with a TV-Y. And CN seemed to be specifically marketing it at younger kids than the rest of the network (airing it early in the mornings and pairing it with other shows like Krypto the Superdog, Hamtaro, Pecola, Sitting Ducks, etc. not to mention putting it on the Tickle-U block which was specifically for preschoolers and an obvious attempt to compete with Nick Jr. and what was then called Playhouse Disney).

CartoonNetRulzz is offline a.k.a. BlooMac
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Let's not forget that the episode was supposed to air way back in 1996. Those episodes of other shows you mentioned came years later. But now that CN is showing TV-PG content on a regular basis, I think they can safely air the episode and if the current people at CN are afraid, they can add a PG rating just in case. Boomerang is airing Young Justice, a PG-rated show, so I guess they can also air PG content and they can air Rude Removal with the rest of the episodes of Dexter.
    Stay tuned for updates!

wiley207 is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CartoonNetRulzz View Post
    Let's not forget that the episode was supposed to air way back in 1996. Those episodes of other shows you mentioned came years later. But now that CN is showing TV-PG content on a regular basis, I think they can safely air the episode and if the current people at CN are afraid, they can add a PG rating just in case. Boomerang is airing Young Justice, a PG-rated show, so I guess they can also air PG content and they can air Rude Removal with the rest of the episodes of Dexter.
    When it comes to PG ratings, Cartoon Network is a bit odd about it. Take "The Looney Tunes Show," which is rated TV-PG, but most of their episodes have nearly NO PG content whatsoever (a simple TV-G would suit "The Looney Tunes Show" just fine.) But back when Boomerang reran the 1972 animated sitcom "Wait Till Your Father Gets Home," which has a lot of PG content in it, they rated it TV-Y7. Then when they made "Scooby-Doo: Mystery Incorporated," they rated it TV-Y7-FV, even though it has extreme violence and gore and innuendos that should have gotten it a TV-PG rating in the first place! (I've seen a bit of blood on the show, half of everything in Crystal Cove has been blown up, and people actually DIE.)