Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast
    BrianLeague is online now Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

A New Version of "The Tom and Jerry Show" Coming in 2013!

Like This Thread!
    According to this article, a new version of The Tom and Jerry Show is coming in 2013!

Also in store for 2013 is a new version of The Tom and Jerry Show...
    Thoughts?
    Help Sym-Bionic Titan Get Another Season!
    Find us on: Facebook - Twitter - YouTube - deviantART

Watch full episodes of SBT here for free! (You don't need to sign into Adult Swim Gold!)

Looney Tunes Fan is offline Classic Cartoon Fan!!!!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Ah Yes. Very Excited about the new Tom and Jerry series. This was already mentioned a long time ago by Sam Register at MIP Junior, but surprisingly, there was never one thread made that mentioned the new Tom and Jerry series. Glad to see one now.
    I love classic cartoons!!
    If you're a fan of classic cartoons, please visit The IAD Forums! It's the place to talk and chat about your favorite cartoons! Run by eutychus, this site has brought back a bunch of GAC members, and some toonzone members are over there too! Check it out today!: http://www.intanibase.com/forum/index.php

Daikun is offline Long Live the Fighter!
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Pardon me while I play devil's advocate here...

Can't they do something else? There's only so many ways and times you can see Tom get injured.

While it is nice that Warner Bros. pays respects to its older classics, they make it seem like Scooby-Doo, Looney Tunes, and Tom & Jerry are their ONLY properties outside of DC. These three franchises have been way too saturated with reboots and spinoffs.

Hanna-Barbera has tons of characters that WB could potentially utilize. Give something else a chance.

MrBabySpencer is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    nice to see a new tom and jerry show is in the works!!, very nice, but couldn't WB focus on many other of their franchises, like the jetsons, or yogi bear, or Top Cat, Like The Other Comment Above I Acuaully Agree, I Mean HB Has SO MANY Other Properties WB Could Make Focus Of!!, Not Just Scooby Doo And Tom And Jerry!!, I Mean There's A Whole Bunch Of HB Properties That WB Could Make Focus Of, It's Not Like Scooby Doo or Tom And Jerry Are The HB Shows They Have, They Have Ownership Of To A LOT Of Hanna Barbera Properties, Plus What About The 80s Franchises From HB??, Give Those A Chance WB!!

Daffyfan2003 is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBabySpencer View Post
    nice to see a new tom and jerry show is in the works!!, very nice, but couldn't WB focus on many other of their franchises, like the jetsons, or yogi bear, or Top Cat, Like The Other Comment Above I Acuaully Agree, I Mean HB Has SO MANY Other Properties WB Could Make Focus Of!!, Not Just Scooby Doo And Tom And Jerry!!, I Mean There's A Whole Bunch Of HB Properties That WB Could Make Focus Of, It's Not Like Scooby Doo or Tom And Jerry Are The HB Shows They Have, They Have Ownership Of To A LOT Of Hanna Barbera Properties, Plus What About The 80s Franchises From HB??, Give Those A Chance WB!!
    I have to agree on both counts. I think WB did a fair job with Tom & Jerry Tales a few years back, so I could see a new and series working out and I'm glad they keep updating them as well as Looney Tunes and Scooby-Doo, but I agree that it would be nice to see WB work more with 'the Flintstones' or 'the Jetsons' or even 'the Smurfs.' I think WB owns them now since the cartoon was a Hanna Barbera creation. Just some things to think about.
    Stewie: (Looking at the family in the pilot episode) What's with Meg's voice? She sounds like someone who's about to give up on a huge opportunity.

Kirben is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hopefully this new Tom and Jerry Show will still be 2D, and not change the formula too much. I really enjoyed the previous Tom and Jerry Tales series too.

Warner are still producing regular Tom & Jerry DTV movies too, it looks like 'Tom and Jerry Meet The Steadfast Tin Soldier' is next.

MrBabySpencer is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kirben View Post
    hopefully this new tom and jerry show will still be 2d, and not change the formula too much. I really enjoyed the previous tom and jerry tales series too.

Warner are still producing regular tom & jerry dtv movies too, it looks like 'tom and jerry meet the steadfast tin soldier' is next.
    ugh, another tom and jerry meets dtv, why not just make an original tom and jerry dtv film

Dudley is online now <- Watch the cartoon!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Huh. Maybe the series, will have Tom and Jerry meet other characters just like in the DTVs. Which I guess is nice, because not much else can be done. I love Tom and Jerry but it'd be nice to spruce it up in a way where it's new and fresh but harkens back to the old cartoons.

I do agree with everyone else that Tom and Jerry, along with Scooby-Doo is overused. I can understand that Tom and Jerry is one of the world's most popular cartoons, but I think it's time they give the other Hanna-Barbera characters a go. The again, most of the H-B characters are a tad one-dimensional, most of which are carbon copies of each other, but that's besides the point.
    They could do something like what they used to do with Yogi Bear, have him meet and team-up with classic H-B characters and do stuff. Or at least have Scooby-Doo do it.

Toons These Days
    Now on That Guy With the Glasses.com
    New episodes return December 16!

Support future animations through Patreon!

Jonwo is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I think WB should revive Dynomutt and The Blue Falcon as an action comedy but drawn in the style of Mystery Incorporated and have appearances from other HB superheroes like Space Ghost.

trance2009 is online now Fun to play with not to eat
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I know they poked fun at new Dynomutt in Dexter and those web cartoons, but they really should go that route for a few series. Put Bruce Timm and Paul Dini on it to boot.

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast