Search the Site:
Follow Us:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    BrianLeague is offline Saturdays @ 5:30am on Toonami!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

A New Version of "The Tom and Jerry Show" Coming in 2013!

Like This Thread!

According to this article, a new version of The Tom and Jerry Show is coming in 2013!

Also in store for 2013 is a new version of The Tom and Jerry Show...
    Thoughts?
    Help Sym-Bionic Titan Get Another Season!
    Find us on: Facebook - Twitter - YouTube - deviantART

Watch full episodes of SBT here for free! (You don't need to sign into Adult Swim Gold!)

Looney Tunes Fan is offline Classic Cartoon Fan!!!!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Ah Yes. Very Excited about the new Tom and Jerry series. This was already mentioned a long time ago by Sam Register at MIP Junior, but surprisingly, there was never one thread made that mentioned the new Tom and Jerry series. Glad to see one now.
    I love classic cartoons!!
    If you're a fan of classic cartoons, please visit The IAD Forums! It's the place to talk and chat about your favorite cartoons! Run by eutychus, this site has brought back a bunch of GAC members, and some toonzone members are over there too! Check it out today!: http://www.intanibase.com/forum/index.php

Daikun is offline Long Live the Fighter!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Pardon me while I play devil's advocate here...

Can't they do something else? There's only so many ways and times you can see Tom get injured.

While it is nice that Warner Bros. pays respects to its older classics, they make it seem like Scooby-Doo, Looney Tunes, and Tom & Jerry are their ONLY properties outside of DC. These three franchises have been way too saturated with reboots and spinoffs.

Hanna-Barbera has tons of characters that WB could potentially utilize. Give something else a chance.

MrBabySpencer is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    nice to see a new tom and jerry show is in the works!!, very nice, but couldn't WB focus on many other of their franchises, like the jetsons, or yogi bear, or Top Cat, Like The Other Comment Above I Acuaully Agree, I Mean HB Has SO MANY Other Properties WB Could Make Focus Of!!, Not Just Scooby Doo And Tom And Jerry!!, I Mean There's A Whole Bunch Of HB Properties That WB Could Make Focus Of, It's Not Like Scooby Doo or Tom And Jerry Are The HB Shows They Have, They Have Ownership Of To A LOT Of Hanna Barbera Properties, Plus What About The 80s Franchises From HB??, Give Those A Chance WB!!

Daffyfan2003 is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBabySpencer View Post
    nice to see a new tom and jerry show is in the works!!, very nice, but couldn't WB focus on many other of their franchises, like the jetsons, or yogi bear, or Top Cat, Like The Other Comment Above I Acuaully Agree, I Mean HB Has SO MANY Other Properties WB Could Make Focus Of!!, Not Just Scooby Doo And Tom And Jerry!!, I Mean There's A Whole Bunch Of HB Properties That WB Could Make Focus Of, It's Not Like Scooby Doo or Tom And Jerry Are The HB Shows They Have, They Have Ownership Of To A LOT Of Hanna Barbera Properties, Plus What About The 80s Franchises From HB??, Give Those A Chance WB!!
    I have to agree on both counts. I think WB did a fair job with Tom & Jerry Tales a few years back, so I could see a new and series working out and I'm glad they keep updating them as well as Looney Tunes and Scooby-Doo, but I agree that it would be nice to see WB work more with 'the Flintstones' or 'the Jetsons' or even 'the Smurfs.' I think WB owns them now since the cartoon was a Hanna Barbera creation. Just some things to think about.
    Kenny
    Ma Arbuckle: You weren't thinking of putting chili powder in my sausage gravy now, were you, grandma?
    Grandma: No. Heavens to betsy, child. Why would you think such a thing? Just because my chili gravy won a blue ribbon at the county fair and yours didn't even place. Who am I to tell you how to make sausage gravy? The Green County gravy champion, that's who.

Kirben is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hopefully this new Tom and Jerry Show will still be 2D, and not change the formula too much. I really enjoyed the previous Tom and Jerry Tales series too.

Warner are still producing regular Tom & Jerry DTV movies too, it looks like 'Tom and Jerry Meet The Steadfast Tin Soldier' is next.

MrBabySpencer is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kirben View Post
    hopefully this new tom and jerry show will still be 2d, and not change the formula too much. I really enjoyed the previous tom and jerry tales series too.

Warner are still producing regular tom & jerry dtv movies too, it looks like 'tom and jerry meet the steadfast tin soldier' is next.
    ugh, another tom and jerry meets dtv, why not just make an original tom and jerry dtv film

Dudley is offline <- Watch the cartoon!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Huh. Maybe the series, will have Tom and Jerry meet other characters just like in the DTVs. Which I guess is nice, because not much else can be done. I love Tom and Jerry but it'd be nice to spruce it up in a way where it's new and fresh but harkens back to the old cartoons.

I do agree with everyone else that Tom and Jerry, along with Scooby-Doo is overused. I can understand that Tom and Jerry is one of the world's most popular cartoons, but I think it's time they give the other Hanna-Barbera characters a go. The again, most of the H-B characters are a tad one-dimensional, most of which are carbon copies of each other, but that's besides the point.
    They could do something like what they used to do with Yogi Bear, have him meet and team-up with classic H-B characters and do stuff. Or at least have Scooby-Doo do it.

Conroy reviews Family Guy
    (Last episode)

Jonwo is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I think WB should revive Dynomutt and The Blue Falcon as an action comedy but drawn in the style of Mystery Incorporated and have appearances from other HB superheroes like Space Ghost.

trance2009 is offline Fun to play with not to eat
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I know they poked fun at new Dynomutt in Dexter and those web cartoons, but they really should go that route for a few series. Put Bruce Timm and Paul Dini on it to boot.

Silverstar is offline Sub-Genius
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    On the subject of new ideas for HB properties, CN and WB could try something like this, but I know they won't.
    Last edited by Silverstar; 06-14-2012 at 05:45 PM.
    Got a minute? Check out The Twin Factor, the Star Twins' blog for crazy opinions on cartoons and geek culture. New name. New address. Same geekiness.

hobbyfan is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverstar View Post
    On the subject of new ideas for HB properties, CN and WB could try something like this, but I know they won't.
    Just read the blog piece, Silverstar, and I'm with you. The suits in charge at WB & CN wouldn't know tradition if it came up to them and said hello.

CN's [as] division almost irrevocably turned Birdman into a joke character, just as Space Ghost was made into a David Letterman parody, but there is a section of the audience that prefers the classic versions.

The problem? CN & WB treat older viewers like garbage, but won't educate present generations. A new Tom & Jerry Show, to get back on topic, would be great, but remember, too, that CW gave up on Tom & Jerry Tales after 2 seasons, and CN refuses to carry it. Get rid of Snyder & Sorcher, public enemies #'s 1 & 2 to most of us, and maybe we make some headway. Just get those two jabronies outta Atlanta and let someone who actually knows and cares about cartoon history take over CN.

ShadowBlinky is online now Let There Be Snow...man!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hobbyfan View Post
    A new Tom & Jerry Show, to get back on topic, would be great, but remember, too, that CW gave up on Tom & Jerry Tales after 2 seasons, and CN refuses to carry it.
    Actually Tom & Jerry Tales have been on Cartoon Network for quite some time now. They just haven't been very vocal about it.

TheCtes is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The fact that Tom and Jerry Tales is still there while the original Tom and Jerry is gone says something about it.

Looking forward to this.

dothesmartthing is offline "Folks call me Wander."
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianLeague View Post
    According to this article, a new version of The Tom and Jerry Show is coming in 2013!

Thoughts?
    I hope this happens. I actually read the announcement months ago and waited to see if it was mentioned for the CN Upfront 2012.
    "The wastebasket is a writer's best friend." ~ Isaac Bashevis Singer

Freelance writer and atmosphere/weather curator at Helium Network.

El-Hazard is offline I like birds
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Daikun View Post
    Pardon me while I play devil's advocate here...

Can't they do something else? There's only so many ways and times you can see Tom get injured.

While it is nice that Warner Bros. pays respects to its older classics, they make it seem like Scooby-Doo, Looney Tunes, and Tom & Jerry are their ONLY properties outside of DC. These three franchises have been way too saturated with reboots and spinoffs.

Hanna-Barbera has tons of characters that WB could potentially utilize. Give something else a chance.
    Gonna have to agree with you there.

While it's been shown that the shows you've listed are proven properties and therefore usually the first to end up getting new shows and reboots and whatnot, I really can't see Tom & Jerry justify yet another series, unless they rehash the hell out of the older stuff. It would just seem like it's all been done to death by now and they are simply retreading tired old ground at this point.

Then again, I was never a very big Hanna-Barbera fan, anyway, so I guess I'm not the target audience for this news.

brickrrb2 is online now Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    One problem is That Warner Bros usually use the shows that were the most popular, and noboies really been interested in Yogi or anybody else for a long time, plus that movie didn't really help either

Silverstar is offline Sub-Genius
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by brickrrb2 View Post
    One problem is That Warner Bros usually use the shows that were the most popular, and nobody's really been interested in Yogi or anybody else for a long time, plus that movie didn't really help either
    The Yogi Bear movie's getting a sequel, so clearly somebody's still interested and the 1st movie accomplished something.
    Got a minute? Check out The Twin Factor, the Star Twins' blog for crazy opinions on cartoons and geek culture. New name. New address. Same geekiness.

magicdog is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I agree 100% !!

A DC Nation type block for HB reboots would be fantastic!

It's not that I don't like Tom & Jerry, but they've had their turn in the barrel almost as often as SD. I don't think there are any more stories to tell with them. I may be proven wrong, but I'm not feeling particulary hopeful.

Yogi Bear movie is getting a sequel
    Well color me shocked. I thought it was considered a disappointment.

Checkerboard is online now THE HOME OF THE TOP TOON STARS
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I'm looking forward, or rather... I am curious. Mostly because I always enjoyed the original Tom & Jerry, along with T&J Kids. For some reason I never got into "Tales" though.

I am, however, very happy that the original series has been on the air since Cartoon Network's launch. Don't know of any other animated series that managed to stay on air for that long on a daily basis - only Scooby Doo, Where are you and The Flintstones in my mind come close. Spongebob, Rugrats and Pokémon would be a safe bet as well I guess. Anyways...

What Cartoon Network should also bring back, imho, is Fish Police. Imagine it with today's visuals and the fact it would be rated PG. It could be a lead-in to Adult Swim, airing at 8:30 or so. Sadly, due to the fact how obscure the series is, the odds of that happening are quite low.

Pirates of Dark Water and Swat Kats were also shows with huge potential that haven't used it to the max. Oh well.

Sorry for being slightly OT. Just thought I'd throw that out there. In fact, I think this deserves a thread

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast