Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    James Harvey is online now Administrator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Cartoon Network June 2012 Programming Highlights

Like This Thread!
    The following press details have been provided by Cartoon Network.

CARTOON NETWORK
    JUNE PROGRAMMING HIGHLIGHTS

Annoying Orange Series Premiere Monday, June 11 at 8:30 p.m. (ET, PT)
    Total Drama Revenge of the Island Series Premiere Tuesday, June 5 at 7:30 p.m. (ET, PT)
    Level Up All-New Episodes Tuesday Nights at 8 p.m. (ET, PT)

***NEW SERIES***
    ANNOYING ORANGE (TV-PG)
    Mondays at 8:30 p.m. (ET, PT)

Annoying Orange features an endearingly annoying and highly entertaining Orange that playfully heckles other fruits, vegetables or nearby objects with puns and jokes. The Web sensation has transformed into a new television series that follows Orange and his buddies as they go on a wide range of adventures that take them from the fruit stand to parts unknown and everything in between. From the Prehistoric Era to Colonial Times, Orange and the rest of the Kitchen Crew are dropped into random adventures and forced to squeeze their way out. Joining Orange on his escapades are popular produce pals from the web series including Pear, Passion Fruit, Apple, Marshmallow and his nemesis Grapefruit.
    -Monday, June 11: “Captain Blood Orange” – **Special Guest Star Tim Curry as Arugula and Endive** The aisles of Daneboe’s market are overrun by pirates and blue blood mega-yachts. Who will win this regatta battle royal?
    -Monday, June 18: “Sir Juice-a-Lot” – When Passion Fruit is captured by a mysterious dark knight, Orange and his crusaders have to get medieval to save her. But can they storm the castle before Passion is pillaged by a putrid princess? And will Orange’s hidden crush finally be revealed?
    -Monday, June 25: “Veggie Zombies” – Orange finds a cure for his giggle-chuckle-itis, but when zombified vegetables try to suck the life out of him and his juicy friends, they learn a mortal lesson: don’t underestimate the power of an annoying laugh!

TOTAL DRAMA REVENGE OF THE ISLAND
    Tuesdays at 7:30 p.m. (ET, PT)

It’s back to the island where Total Drama began with an all-new cast! Since the series’ egotistical host Chris McLean took the show worldwide, Camp Wawanakwa has been abandoned and turned into a toxic nuclear waste dump—the perfect place for new and painful, cringe-inducing challenges! Fighting for the million dollar prize are thirteen all-new players.  Athletic overachiever Lightning, wide-eyed bubble-boy Cameron, personality disorder Mike, take-no-prisoners jock-ette Jo, devious Scott, famemonger Dakota, indie chick Zoey, compulsive liar Staci, strong silent genius B, fake tan and hairspray lover Anne Maria, moonchild Dawn, nice-guy gamer Sam, and cadet Brick. Who will cry, who will loose, who will fall in love and most importantly who will win the million? Tune in to Total Drama Revenge of the Island to find out!
    -Tuesday, June 5: “Bigger! Badder! Brutal-er!” –Thirteen new players battle it out on an abandoned toxic island, fighting for a million dollar prize. Players are challenged to race down a river to secure their cabins and one player will be eliminated via ‘The Hurl of Shame’.
    -Tuesday, June 12: “Truth or Laser Shark” – Chris forces the contestants to own up to their humiliations or risk dunking their teammates into shark infested water!
    -Tuesday, June 19: “Ice Ice Baby” – The teams battle it out as they have to climb up a twenty stories high cliff wall.
    -Tuesday, June 26: “Finders Creepers” – It’s a midnight scavenger hunt, which alarms Brick since his fear of the dark has been known to induce the wetting of pants.

***NEW EPISODES***
    ADVENTURE TIME (TV-PG)
    Mondays at 7:30 p.m. (ET, PT)

Adventure Time, Cartoon Network’s hit animated comedy series now in its fourth season, returns this month. This much-loved original series introduces viewers to unlikely heroes Finn and Jake, buddies who traverse the mystical Land of Ooo and encounter its colorful inhabitants. The best of friends, our heroes always find themselves in the middle of heart-pounding escapades. Finn, a silly kid with an awesome hat and Jake, a brassy dog with a big kind heart, depend on each other through thick and thin. From the mind of creator Pendleton Ward, Ooo is a land built for adventure.
    -Monday, June 4: “Goliad” – Princess Bubblegum is concerned over her mortality and reveals her designated successor to Finn and Jake.
    -Monday, June 11: “Beyond This Earthly Realm” –When Finn finds a porcelain lamb, it transports him into the spirit world and only the Ice King can help get him out!
    -Monday, June 18: “Gotcha” – In order to do research for her tell-all memoir about men, Lumpy Space Princess goes undercover working for Finn and Jake.
    -Monday, June 25: “Princess Cookies” – Finn and Jake are called to solve a Candy Kingdom hostage crisis when a rogue cookie takes over.

REGULAR SHOW (TV-PG)
    Mondays at 8:00 p.m. (ET, PT)

The hit original animated comedy from Cartoon Network, Regular Show features best friends Mordecai (a six-foot-tall blue jay) and Rigby (a hyperactive raccoon). The two are groundskeepers at a park owned by Pops, a humanoid-looking lollipop who has spent his entire life there. The job is so deadly dull that the two friends will do anything they can to avoid it. This doesn’t go over well with their boss Benson (an anthropomorphic gumball machine) —but their efforts often result in insane escapades that delight Pops.
    -Monday, June 4: “Access Denied” – Mordecai and Rigby want to get into an exclusive hip club that Margaret is having her birthday party at.
    -Monday, June 11: “Trucker Hall of Fame” – Mordecai and Rigby have to help Muscle Man get to the Big Rig Museum to spread his dad’s ashes.
    -Monday, June 18: “Muscle Mentor” – Rigby has to prove that he can finish a job without quitting half way through, or he’ll be fired.
    -Monday, June 25: “Out of Commission” – Mordecai and Rigby have to get rid of the cart and want to have one last day with it to say goodbye.

MAD (TV-PG)
    Mondays at 8:30 p.m. (ET, PT)

From the very first issue of the magazine in 1952, MAD has satirized and parodied the pop cultural landscape. Its irreverent heart still beats strong. In this new MAD original animated series, this same sense of the ridiculous is delivered with fresh relevance. The show is the magazine brought to animated life, from spoof mash-ups like CSiCarly to Avaturds to The Fantastic Megan Fox to commercial parodies like Toys4Brats.

LEVEL UP (TV-PG-V)
    Tuesdays at 8 p.m. (ET, PT)

Level Up is a hilarious new half-hour comedy series that turns the game on the player when four unlikely friends – Wyatt, Dante, Lyle and Angie – accidentally open a portal from the virtual world to the real world, wreaking havoc on their entire neighborhood.  The boys are top gamers in their favorite online game Conqueror of All Worlds. They’ve defeated trolls, squashed barbarians, annihilated ghouls and trashed everything else the game can throw at them. But it’s a whole new experience battling their online foes IRL (in real life)! Now these typical teens must “level up” in order to deal with high school life while protecting their town. And all without a cheat code! Max Ross is the multi-millionaire genius and eccentric game creator who helps the kids out on their real world quests.
    -Tuesday, June 5: “Acid Spitting Mini Dragon” – While Wyatt spends time hanging out with Angie’s little brother, Dante and Lyle face off against a tough new enemy.
    -Tuesday, June 12: “Leveling Up” – When Dante’s procrastinating causes a character to leak from the game, he is forced to take responsibility for it.
    -Tuesday, June 26: “The Conspiracy Club” – The boys must join the new club at school to see how close they are to exposing their secret lives.

JOHNNY TEST (TV-Y7-FV)
    Wednesdays at 7:30 p.m. (ET, PT)

Johnny Test chronicles the adventures of a fearless 11-year-old boy, his genetically engineered super dog, Dukey, and his 13-year-old super-genius-brainiac twin sisters who use Johnny as their guinea pig for their out-of-this-world scientific experiments. Johnny is the ultimate test pilot where no mission is too unbelievable, no challenge is too great, no villain is too menacing and no sister-created concoction is too wild.
    -Wednesday, June 6: “Magic Johnny” – Johnny becomes ‘Johnny the Amazingly Amazing Magician,’ thanks to the girls Magi-nator. His success takes him to Paris where he makes the Eiffel Tower disappear, but his magical talents unexpectedly go "poof!' and the French want their landmark back!
    -Wednesday, June 13: “Dolly Johnny” – The girls use DNA to create a Johnny doll that can control any of Johnny's actions. Johnny and Dukey get the doll away from them, but throw it away before realizing that doll is headed straight for the incinerator!
    -Wednesday, June 20: “Johnny McCool” – The girls transform Johnny to look like Speed McCool so he can land his dream job as a stunt double.
    Wednesday, June 27: “It’s An Invasion, Johnny!” – Agents Black & White send a distress signal from outer space, and the General needs help from the Test kids to rescue them. The gang gets beamed aboard a mysterious space ship, with some seemingly sinister inhabitants.

THUNDERCATS (TV-PG-V)
    Saturdays at 9:30 a.m. (ET, PT)

An epic, all-new reimagining of the classic 1980s animated series, ThunderCats tells the story of a hero’s journey to fulfill his ultimate destiny. On Third Earth, the kingdom of Thundera is being threatened by the evil sorcerer Mumm-Ra, and Lion-O, the young heir to the throne, embarks on a great quest to take his rightful place as king. The unlikely champion must work with his faithful comrades Tygra, Cheetara, Panthro, WilyKit, WilyKat, and his loyal pet, Snarf — who join him on his journey — to save their world from darkness.
    -Saturday, June 2: “The Soul Severe” – The cats encounter a mad scientist who tries to put their souls into mechanical bodies!
    -Saturday, June 9: “What Lies Above, Part 1” – The book of Omens leads the Thundercats to a city in the sky ruled by birds!
    -Saturday, June 16: “What Lies Above, Part 2” – The ThunderCats must stop Mumm-Ra from getting the Tech Stone!

Details for Young Justice: Invasion can be found at The World's Finest.

BrianLeague is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Does this press release only show the more popular shows? Because Almost Naked Animals and Hero: 108 are returning with new episodes, but they don't seem to be listed.
    Help Sym-Bionic Titan Get Another Season!
    Find us on: Facebook - Twitter - YouTube - deviantART

Watch full episodes of SBT here for free! (You don't need to sign into Adult Swim Gold!)

WMania is offline Check Out My Avatar Thread!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianLeague View Post
    Does this press release only show the more popular shows? Because Almost Naked Animals and Hero: 108 are returning with new episodes, but they don't seem to be listed.
    I think it does. I doubt this is all the premieres, as we heard word that those shows will show new episodes next month.

gtadbzman is offline 900 Horses of Detroit Muscle
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    That is a very dumb spot to be putting Thundercats premiers. If CN is gonna give it this kind of treatment, it might as well be handed over to Toonami.
    Welcome back aboard the Absolution comrades!

StellaMagic is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I knew that the Bird Nation would be in "What Lies Above". Maybe Vultureman will be in it.

The Huntsman is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I guess it was too much to hope for Gumball. As I've said before, I'm inclined to believe that its second season will be its last, if only because of how convoluted - and likely expensive - its production is. Adventure Time and Regular Show seemingly air episodes year-round, with only occasional breaks.
    Watch The Amazing World Of Gumball on Cartoon Network!
    Follow Ben Bocquelet on twitter!
    Like The Amazing World Of Gumball on facebook!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I forgot to mention that I was disappointed we'll have no Looney Tunes Show in June. I hope July in time for my birthday and if not, I really hope that the fall is really strong with comedy premieres and LTS is better than S1.

NovelleX is offline Destroyer of Threads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WMania View Post
    I forgot to mention that I was disappointed we'll have no Looney Tunes Show in June. I hope July in time for my birthday and if not, I really hope that the fall is really strong with comedy premieres and LTS is better than S1.
    They most likely want to air Looney Tunes and Scooby-Doo back to back like last time. Scooby-Doo's second season is most likely done by now, so we have to wait on Looney Tunes now.

That aside, both will most likely air on Tuesdays again, since that's where all comedies that aren't 11-minutes go. Which for reference are: Total Drama, Looney Tunes, Scooby-Doo, Level Up, and Gumball (For some reason.)

The only problem is, right now as it is. If they start the Tuesday block at the same time as the Monday one, (7:30/6:30) there will only be enough room for three shows.

At the moment, that's okay, considering that LTS and Gumball are the only shows not ready yet. But when they are ready. There won't be enough room to include them, which means they'll probably get the death slot.

The only thing I can hope for is that Level Up and Total Drama end their seasons soon. Total Drama ends in September due to the shorter season, and it's clear Level Up won't last any longer.

Once those shows are gone, the Tuesday block can show Gumball, LTS, and Scooby. But we'll have to wait for September if we want any of this to go right. I don't want to see any of these shows get the death slot. (Except for Level Up, that I can do without.)
    "It wasn't worth it."

Brad12 is offline Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    [QUOTE=NovelleX;4008863]They most likely want to air Looney Tunes and Scooby-Doo back to back like last time. Scooby-Doo's second season is most likely done by now, so we have to wait on Looney Tunes now.

If what you're saying is true, then in my opinion that's dumb. Scooby Doo Mystery Incorporated aired by itself for the first 13 episodes of season 1. There shouldn't be anything stopping them from doing that again while we wait for Looney Tunes. Plus After Scooby Doo season 1 ended The Looney Tunes Show aired by itself too for the rest of its season. They're an awesome pair together but they dont necessarily HAVE to be paired together at this time with Scooby Doo being complete and Looney Tunes still being worked on. Idk it just sounds silly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Nah, it'll probably get more viewers. LTS reguarly did good and had only five episodes of twenty-six that got under 2.000 million viewers in S1. It makes sense for them to wait, but it could also be smart if they tried (all premieres):

7:00 - TD:ROTI
    7:30 - Scooby Doo
    8:00 - LTS
    8:30 - Level Up/Johnny Test etc.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast