Search the Site:
Follow Us:
    {Shadow} is online now Toonami - Saturdays 11:30p-6a! Blosics 3 Champion Angry Animals Champion
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

TALKBACK - Regular Show - "Yes Dude Yes" - [5/7]

Like This Thread!

Episode 066 - - Numbers 325

Yes Dude Yes
    premieres
    TONIGHT at 8:00 PM
    repeats
    THURSDAY at 8:30 PM

This week...
    Mordecai looks for a girlfriend to help him get over Margaret, who he thinks is engaged.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hope this one has a car chase or a fight scene likelast weeks did

Can"t wait

MetroSparkster is offline ...has nothing to say.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumballfan123212 View Post
    Hope this one has a car chase or a fight scene likelast weeks did

Can"t wait
    What's with you and car chases?

And now Mordo's got yet another misunderstanding.
    And a girl who's a walking cloud. Literally a storm brewing. Coincidentally, my place it raining right now.

Mister Modular is offline Miss Carmody
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    CJ's definitely one of the more interesting characters. I'm glad to see more non-human characters incorporated into RS.
    Thinking of a number.

HUBTigers87 is online now Michyl
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Cloud people... they're all the same... yes, I'm a cloud-ist, sue me. . .

For me, a regular episode. I did find some funny bits. I think I liked the last moment itself with Mordecai and Margaret's cousin in the theater. Should've taken Rigby!

I LOLed at the promo for next week's.
    Staying GOLD, Saturdays 11:30pm to 6:00am, only Toonami, on [as] | MLB Spring Training

Survivors. | 1000th post: 3/13/14 @ 1:16am

BlueMail is offline Chinatown, Chain me Down
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Oh Mordecai, only you would be stupid enough to tick off a sentient storm cloud.

All in all, good episode. I think it's easy to say that I'm not big on the whole Mord/Mag deal but at least this was somewhat enjoyable and didn't overblow it…and it'd be cool to see CJ later on seeing as how she seems to have…well a personality. Regardless, not my favorite episode but still ok by RS's standards, and besides, I got a huge kick out of that ending.

Grade: B
    Tune into Toonami each Saturday at 12/11c time. Stay gold Toonami faithful, stay gold.

Reviews coming soon:
    A Goofy Movie, The Illusionist, Kung-Fu Panda 2, Fritz the Cat
    And many more!

HEATXZ is offline Duck Knght
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Great episode :anime:
    CJ is a great character,My favorite parts are Mordocai being emo and the ending XD
    Greatest Funniest Character nominations ,Feel free to visit my Toonzone Blog

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I absolutely loved this episode. It wasn't the craziest episode they've done but I liked CJ's character a lot and I liked Mordecai's speech to CJ at the climax, it was actually well written and real. The episode was pretty cohesive and actually seemed to move the Margaret storyline a little further than anything has before.

trance2009 is offline Fun to play with not to eat
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I know this episode had to hit home with a lot of people, because I think we have all experienced this.

The ShopSoldier is offline DISGRACED, yet CONFIDENT...
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm so glad I saw Avengers and Pirates! in exchange for... this, last night...

All this succeeded in doing for me is make Mordecai look ... unlikable - to everyone. Especially someone who could've been a potential friend to hang out with (like CJ!).
    Mordecai may never have a chance of getting this girl, IMHO (besides, this show would probably end if he did, but I'm giving anyone ideas...). I'll give him credit for not giving up on this - even if he should, if only so he can get with someone who has things in common with him like CJ did... sigh.

Then again, I the reason I feel this negatively about the whole thing, because THIS is, IMHO, NOT what I watch Regular Show for, now that I dwell on the thought more and more (and I've said this a hundred times, so I'm aware it's getting old and I apologize to anyone who agrees...).

To be fair, we Westerners don't get enough cartoons that handle adult themes like relationship building and dating all that much accordingly (and when we do, they're too raunchy and lacking intelligence of any kind to be taken seriously, unlike Regular Show), now do we? So, yeah as much as I didn't completely like this, I have nothing but high respect for it happening anyway (just like every past episode of this show that I might not agree with that does it, too.).

Meh! Someone needs to teach Mordecai to cut his losses - Rigby was in the right to help him out - I applaud Rigby for being a good friend here... Even if it didn't completely work. But that's Regular Show for you, now isn't it (and I like it that way, to be honest with all of you...)?
    Tropes that are ruining Western/European Animation (and any animes involving school):
    Spoiler:
    1. Twins and/or Rich Kids as antagonists; Bullies in general. 2. Annoying jerk sibling characters and/or General sibling characters who hate each others' guts. 3. Hidden Caucasian male dominance (usually subverted to be female in anime, which can be equally as bad – and a real turnoff in general!).

King9 is offline Embraced One
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Pretty great episode overall. The humor was there and the writing was very nice too. I just want to give Mordecai a big hug, he can never catch a break.
    Toonzone Bronies - "We would be honored to have you." ~ Twilight Sparkle

ShadowBlinky is offline Let There Be Snow...man!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LostAnarchist View Post
    Mordecai may never have a chance of getting this girl, IMHO (besides, this show would probably end if he did, but I'm giving anyone ideas...).
    I don't know if I'd go that far, but yeah...Mordecai never ending up with Margaret is one of the foremost running gags of this show. His pursuing of her is better than him actually getting with her, because let's face it...ROMANCE ISN'T FUNNY, but the wanting of it is (at least as long as it's not pushed too far like it almost was in this episode).

The Huntsman is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowBlinky View Post
    ...because let's face it...ROMANCE ISN'T FUNNY...
    Somebody working on the show said as much when making their case as to why they won't end up getting together, but I disagree. Kim Possible was still a great show in its final season when Kim and Ron went steady. I also enjoyed The Looney Tunes Show a lot more when Lola stopped stalking Bugs and they actually became a couple, as it allowed them to actually treat Lola like a character and not just as a love-interest. As it stands now, I still consider Margaret to be nothing more than a plot device and I felt that way back in season one. They've made efforts to give her more of a personality, and it has been notable, but she would have more room to grow as a character if they just got together and then she joined them occasionally on their crazy misadventures.
    Watch The Amazing World Of Gumball on Cartoon Network!
    Follow Ben Bocquelet on twitter!
    Like The Amazing World Of Gumball on facebook!

WMania is offline Check Out My Avatar Thread!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This episode might have not been funny, but I felt like we got a lot more character development since that Camping episode. I hope we get more of CJ!

Next week looks GREAT.

King_of_doom is online now kiva fan
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I like this episode. CJ's an interesting character tho you do feel bad for her but in away i do like to see her again where she does see Mordecai as a friend and probably see some interaction between the 2 or Rigby and have a 2 guys girl night.

You think you won't see some development on Margaret but we see that she does show signs of jealousy where Mordecai was dating another girl tho a bit selfish on her part since she had dated alot of guys but still was nice to see her have some moments where she's not perfect.

My fav moment was with Benson where he gave an advice to Mordecai on telling Margaret how he feels but it was ruined when Skips says the same and Mordecai gave the credit to Skips instead of Benson, really it was funny but you do feel they kinda ruin that moment where Benson gives an advice to someone he knows that he's an annoying slacker.

Also give credit to Rigby on actually caring for Mordecai and trying to cheer him up by having him date someone.

Good episode, i do hope CJ comes as a regular in future episodes.
    You'll never get credit for my discovery,Who's going to believe a talking head? Get a job in a sideshow*Herbert West*

Deadpool: They replace Megas XLR for this!? Man where’s the world coming to

The ShopSoldier is offline DISGRACED, yet CONFIDENT...
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Huntsman View Post
    Somebody working on the show said as much when making their case as to why they won't end up getting together, but I disagree. Kim Possible was still a great show in its final season when Kim and Ron went steady. I also enjoyed The Looney Tunes Show a lot more when Lola stopped stalking Bugs and they actually became a couple, as it allowed them to actually treat Lola like a character and not just as a love-interest. As it stands now, I still consider Margaret to be nothing more than a plot device and I felt that way back in season one. They've made efforts to give her more of a personality, and it has been notable, but she would have more room to grow as a character if they just got together and then she joined them occasionally on their crazy misadventures.
    Thank you - you've summed it up quite well my disappointment in this episode and Margaret, as a character's existence, in general. This wasn't a bad episode at all - but all these reasons make it all the more a disappointment for me, IMHO - that and my deep assumption that we won't see CJ ever again, or to be nice about it, for a long time being...
    Tropes that are ruining Western/European Animation (and any animes involving school):
    Spoiler:
    1. Twins and/or Rich Kids as antagonists; Bullies in general. 2. Annoying jerk sibling characters and/or General sibling characters who hate each others' guts. 3. Hidden Caucasian male dominance (usually subverted to be female in anime, which can be equally as bad – and a real turnoff in general!).