Quantcast
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    King9 is offline Embraced One
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    Pretty great episode overall. The humor was there and the writing was very nice too. I just want to give Mordecai a big hug, he can never catch a break.
    Toonzone Bronies - "We would be honored to have you." ~ Twilight Sparkle

ShadowBlinky is offline Best Marathon Ever
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LostAnarchist View Post
    Mordecai may never have a chance of getting this girl, IMHO (besides, this show would probably end if he did, but I'm giving anyone ideas...).
    I don't know if I'd go that far, but yeah...Mordecai never ending up with Margaret is one of the foremost running gags of this show. His pursuing of her is better than him actually getting with her, because let's face it...ROMANCE ISN'T FUNNY, but the wanting of it is (at least as long as it's not pushed too far like it almost was in this episode).

The Huntsman is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowBlinky View Post
    ...because let's face it...ROMANCE ISN'T FUNNY...
    Somebody working on the show said as much when making their case as to why they won't end up getting together, but I disagree. Kim Possible was still a great show in its final season when Kim and Ron went steady. I also enjoyed The Looney Tunes Show a lot more when Lola stopped stalking Bugs and they actually became a couple, as it allowed them to actually treat Lola like a character and not just as a love-interest. As it stands now, I still consider Margaret to be nothing more than a plot device and I felt that way back in season one. They've made efforts to give her more of a personality, and it has been notable, but she would have more room to grow as a character if they just got together and then she joined them occasionally on their crazy misadventures.
    Watch The Amazing World Of Gumball on Cartoon Network!
    Follow Ben Bocquelet on twitter!
    Like The Amazing World Of Gumball on facebook!

WMania is offline Check Out My Avatar Thread!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This episode might have not been funny, but I felt like we got a lot more character development since that Camping episode. I hope we get more of CJ!

Next week looks GREAT.

King_of_doom is offline kiva fan
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I like this episode. CJ's an interesting character tho you do feel bad for her but in away i do like to see her again where she does see Mordecai as a friend and probably see some interaction between the 2 or Rigby and have a 2 guys girl night.

You think you won't see some development on Margaret but we see that she does show signs of jealousy where Mordecai was dating another girl tho a bit selfish on her part since she had dated alot of guys but still was nice to see her have some moments where she's not perfect.

My fav moment was with Benson where he gave an advice to Mordecai on telling Margaret how he feels but it was ruined when Skips says the same and Mordecai gave the credit to Skips instead of Benson, really it was funny but you do feel they kinda ruin that moment where Benson gives an advice to someone he knows that he's an annoying slacker.

Also give credit to Rigby on actually caring for Mordecai and trying to cheer him up by having him date someone.

Good episode, i do hope CJ comes as a regular in future episodes.
    You'll never get credit for my discovery,Who's going to believe a talking head? Get a job in a sideshow*Herbert West*

Deadpool: They replace Megas XLR for this!? Man where’s the world coming to

The ShopSoldier is offline DISGRACEULLY Beating People Up
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Huntsman View Post
    Somebody working on the show said as much when making their case as to why they won't end up getting together, but I disagree. Kim Possible was still a great show in its final season when Kim and Ron went steady. I also enjoyed The Looney Tunes Show a lot more when Lola stopped stalking Bugs and they actually became a couple, as it allowed them to actually treat Lola like a character and not just as a love-interest. As it stands now, I still consider Margaret to be nothing more than a plot device and I felt that way back in season one. They've made efforts to give her more of a personality, and it has been notable, but she would have more room to grow as a character if they just got together and then she joined them occasionally on their crazy misadventures.
    Thank you - you've summed it up quite well my disappointment in this episode and Margaret, as a character's existence, in general. This wasn't a bad episode at all - but all these reasons make it all the more a disappointment for me, IMHO - that and my deep assumption that we won't see CJ ever again, or to be nice about it, for a long time being...
    http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs70/f/20...er-d7z3tj2.png
    BEWARE PANDERING ALWAYS. It leads to fascism.

"I hold it that a little rebellion now and then is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical." - Thomas Jefferson

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12