Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
    Ratar-O was actually actor Carlo Rota best known as Morris from the 24 series.
    Ah, so that's who voiced Ratar-O. Thanks for the information!

Another observation I realized was in the flashback, Mumm-Ra's pyramid was in the background when Ratilla fished out the Sword (which makes perfect sense that it would be close by after the crash). I really enjoyed that they put those subtle details into the show.

Manhunter is offline Super-Tech Cat Ninja Guy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
    Ratar-O was actually actor Carlo Rota best known as Morris from the 24 series.
    I stand corrected.
    "No man escapes the Manhunters!"

TheVileOne is offline Peace Loving Shinobi
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Once again I'm in full support of Lion-O getting rejected by another female Thundercat and mis-reading her friendly signals because that would be hilarious.

One other thing I noticed, Arthur Rankin and Jules Bass got consulting producer credits for this episode which I thought was neat as they worked on the original. I always enjoy it when we get updates of the classic plots like this episode. Ratar-O was an awesome villain and I hope this is not the last we see of him. Not sure if anyone noticed but there was a nice little visual reference to a facial expression Ratar-O once made in the original series.
    "This is true. This is real. This . . . Is . . . STRAIGHT EDGE."

-CM Punk

Frontier is online now Senior Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    It would be hilarious to us, but sad for Lion-O... can't the kid ever catch a break on this show?

TheVileOne is offline Peace Loving Shinobi
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sabrewolf View Post
    It would be hilarious to us, but sad for Lion-O... can't the kid ever catch a break on this show?
    It's better when the hero is unlucky in love. Sure its sad for Lion-O but having such a tortured love life and getting humiliated will toughen him up and make him a better character. Like Short Round says, "no time for love Doctor Jones!"
    "This is true. This is real. This . . . Is . . . STRAIGHT EDGE."

-CM Punk

Light Lucario is online now Moderator
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    I finally got a chance to watch this episode and I thought that it was okay. It was kind of interesting to see a lot of other cats, although that still makes me think that survivors of the fall of Thundera really should have been brought up earlier in the series. The backstory for the sword was interesting, especially with a younger Jaga using it. I was confused as to how the rats got it after Mumm-Ra lost it due to Ratar-O saying that his ancestor used that other sword. The parts with Tygra and Cheetara looking in the mine for the sword were predictable, but the ending with the two of them kissing was kind of cute. I liked the cliffhanger ending with Mumm-Ra's forces coming closer to them.

Overall, it was an okay and enjoyable episode. I don't know if i like the idea of Lion-O always losing in the matters of love. It would get kind of old after awhile and I'm not sure if it would necessarily make him a better character. I think I'd prefer for Lion-O to realize that he has no time for romance due to trying to save his people and restore his kingdom, instead of constantly failing at winning another cat's affections.

Javy3 is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Light Lucario View Post
    I finally got a chance to watch this episode and I thought that it was okay. It was kind of interesting to see a lot of other cats, although that still makes me think that survivors of the fall of Thundera really should have been brought up earlier in the series. The backstory for the sword was interesting, especially with a younger Jaga using it. I was confused as to how the rats got it after Mumm-Ra lost it due to Ratar-O saying that his ancestor used that other sword. The parts with Tygra and Cheetara looking in the mine for the sword were predictable, but the ending with the two of them kissing was kind of cute. I liked the cliffhanger ending with Mumm-Ra's forces coming closer to them.

Overall, it was an okay and enjoyable episode. I don't know if i like the idea of Lion-O always losing in the matters of love. It would get kind of old after awhile and I'm not sure if it would necessarily make him a better character. I think I'd prefer for Lion-O to realize that he has no time for romance due to trying to save his people and restore his kingdom, instead of constantly failing at winning another cat's affections.
    Completely agree. I would rather have Lion-O go all work-a-holic on the Thundercats then be constantly trying for love and failing. I never was a fan of the Jonny Bravo situation. He is the freaking king who is risking his life and saving everyone, if anything Lion-O should have two or three chicks.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12