Quantcast
    Light Lucario is offline Moderator
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

CN Talkback: Pokemon BW Rival Destinies: "Stopping The Rage Of Legends! Part 2" [5/5]

Like This Thread!

Join Ash, Pikachu and all of their friends as they continue their journey through the Unova region and battle against more Pokemon and try to reach their goals.

Recently:
    Bianca lost to Elesa and almost had to go back to her hometown, but her friendship with Ash, Cilan and Iris convinced her father to let her continue her journey.
    Ash defeated Elesa and earned his fourth Unova Gym badge.
    Ash met with Alder, the Unova Champion, for the first time.
    Ash and his friends arrived in Driftveil City only to find that the Gym is closed for the time being.
    Tornadus and Thundurus begin their fight on Milos Island.

Last Time:
    “Stopping The Rage of Legends! Part 1"
    Once again, Ash and his friends head to the Driftveil City Gym, only to find that Clay still isn't ready to accept his challenge due to a shortage of Revival Herbs. Clay makes a deal with Ash that if he can bring back some of these herbs, he'll have a battle with him and of course, Ash agrees. Our heroes' search for Revival Herbs brings them to Milos Islands, the only place where Revival Herbs are known to grow, but the island is suffering through a drought. Can Ash and his friends appeal to the legendary Pokemon to bring rain? And what does Team Rocket have in store for them?

This Time:
    “Stopping The Rage Of Legends! Part 2"
    Saturday, May, 5th, 8:30am Eastern
    Encore: Sunday, May, 13th, 8:30am Eastern
    On Milos Island, Tornadus and Thundurus continue their fighting, threatening to destroy the whole area. However, Iris, pretending to be a shrine maiden, has been able to awaken Landorus in an attempt to stop the fighting. Things soon go from bad to worst once Team Rocket reveals their true plan: the capture of Tornadus, Thundurus and Landorus. Will Ash and his friends be able to stop Team Rocket from capturing these legendary Pokemon?

Notes:
    The 15th season of Pokemon is here and ready to continue promoting the new fifth generation Pokemon.
    There are plenty of updates on Pokemon Black 2 and Pokemon White 2, including new trainers, a new rival, some new Gym Leaders and some new areas.
    Re-runs of Pokemon BW are now on weekdays at 8:00am with premier episodes now starting at 8:30am.
    Please stay on topic when discussing the episode and do not focus on any kind of edits.
    Please avoid using spoilers in these talkbacks. Thank you.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    I thought that this episode was okay. The fighting between the three legendary Pokemon reminded me a lot of Lugia fighting off the three legendary bird Pokemon from the second movie. Although, the fact that they never give a reason as to why Thundurus and Tornadus are fighting in the first place was pretty distracting. They don't even represent opposite forces like Dialga and Palika do with time and space and I'm still questioning how those obelisks prevented them from attacking the island in the first place. The battle was a little bit less static than in the previous episode.

Team Rocket wanting to capture all three legendary Pokemon was predictable, but their plan was pretty weak. The cages around the legendary trio were a good idea, but they left themselves extremely vulnerable. They didn't even consider protecting their helicopter from the Pokemon's attacks, which is kind of weird considering that's what happened in their last attempt to steal Pokemon. Plus, they already planned on using Ash and his friends to awaken Landorus, so were they not expecting them to fight back after they stole the legendary Pokemon? It just seemed like a poorly structured plan, especially for going after three strong legendary Pokemon. While it was nice to see Ash actually use his Roggenrola, as I forgot that he had one again, Team Rocket gave up way too easily. After all of that work that they did, they should have at least tried to keep what they stole and actually fight back. Though, I think Team Rocket has forgotten that they actually have Pokemon besides Meowth with them considering that they haven't used Woobat and Yamask in ages. I also still question why they have a scientist doing grunt work, especially when the trio has been getting orders from him for awhile now.

It just seemed like there was a significant amount of buildup for this plan only for them to be easily defeated. That was just anticlimactic. Not to mention it still makes it clear to me that Team Rocket is not competent. They're just acting tougher and have a more serious design, but their plans are still really bad and they're still just as easily defeated as they were back when they had personalities.

I had a feeling that the conflict would be played out just as the legend did, even though I didn't quite understand how Landorus was able to convey its feelings to the others. Though, it was kind of cool to see how each of them restored the land and caused more revival herbs to grow.

Overall, it was an okay episode and slightly better than part one, if only because it felt like more was happening other than setting up events, but the whole two parter felt pretty underwhelming for me. There wasn't a reason as to why Thundurus and Tornadus were fighting, Team Rocket's plan was just plain sloppy and it was just anticlimactic in general. I can see that they were trying to go for a big event with making this a two parter and legendary Pokemon fighting, but the pacing was a bit off in the first part and Team Rocket gave up far too easily in the second. It wasn't the worst batch of episodes in this series, but it felt kind of dull, really lacked the impact that some of the other fights between legendary Pokemon have and I was underwhelmed with it by the end. Hopefully, next week's episode will be more interesting to watch.

FFmax is offline Pangoro's Bizarre Adventure
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Ugh, Team Rocket you were so close, but you have got to stop underestimating the twerps. They have always done this and it always blows up in their faces. The reason they failed was because they simply forgot about their Pokemon. They could have easily countered those attacks on the helicopter and possibly succeeded. But who am I kidding, the writers would have never let them won especially since they were dealing with legendaries. On another note I thought the fight between the three legendaries was pretty cool even though they never really explained why the other two were fighting in the first place.
    Fan of jrpgs, anime, and cartoons.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    I still wonder why they were underestimating them in the first place. Their last plan failed partly because Ash and his friends attacked their helicopter, although not doing anything about the Pokemon that did escape from their Pokeballs was another reason why they failed. The fact that they didn't even consider Ash and his friends fighting back is just jarring and makes it even clearer that this "serious" Team Rocket isn't any better at making plans than the old Team Rocket. Maybe they thought that they would give up when they couldn't break the cages, but attacking the helicopter seems like a painfully obvious second plan for Ash and his friends to take. While they would have lost even if they did use their Pokemon and protected the helicopter, at least they would have tried to win and they wouldn't have such a huge hole in their plan.