Quantcast
    MrBabySpencer is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Should Cartoon Network of America Acquire Oscar's Oasis?

Like This Thread!
    should cartoon network of america acquire oscar's oasis??

Silver is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It reminds me of Rango.

So probably not.

Looney Tunes Fan is online now Classic Cartoon Fan!!!!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This was on Nicktoons Network for some time.
    I love classic cartoons!!
    If you're a fan of classic cartoons, please visit The IAD Forums! It's the place to talk and chat about your favorite cartoons! Run by eutychus, this site has brought back a bunch of GAC members, and some toonzone members are over there too! Check it out today!: http://www.intanibase.com/forum/index.php

Silverstar is offline Comfortably Dumb
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I've never heard of Oscar's Oasis, but it astounds me how many people pose the question, "Should such-and-such network acquire fill-in-the-blank foreign and/or defunct cartoon from years ago that I like and would enjoy seeing on said network, or just want to see on TV again?" as if doing so is that simple and there's no exchanging of money or business strategy involved.

For one thing, it's not a question of "should they acquire this show?". It's more like "Do you think there's a chance that they would or could acquire it?" For another, there are numerous factors to consider: How much would it cost to acquire this show? Would it be in the network's interest to acquire it? Would said show fit in with the rest of the network's sphere of programming? Who holds the distribution rights? Is there a demand or a need for X network to acquire Y show? Would the network stand to gain anything by acquiring this show? These factors are what need to be taken into consideration. It's not as simple as saying "there is or was this awesome show running somewhere at 1 time; X network should acquire it!"

We all have shows that we'd like to see CN acquire, but there is no "should" in this scenario; let's not confuse our wants with the network's needs.
    Like cartoons, comedy, riffs, wisecracks, funny video clips and humorous commentary on animation and geek culture? Check out The Twin Factor, the Star Twins' blog.

The Huntsman is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Starbro View Post
    I've never heard of Oscar's Oasis, but it astounds me how many people pose the question, "Should such-and-such network acquire fill-in-the-blank foreign and/or defunct cartoon from years ago that I like and would enjoy seeing on said network, or just want to see on TV again?" as if doing so is that simple and there's no exchanging of money or business strategy involved.
    It actually made more sense in this instance. It's a Cake Entertainment property, and Cartoon Network has had dealings with them in the past for Skunk Fu! and the Total Drama franchise. Frankly, if the show were picked up by any network, I figured it would be picked up by The Hub.
    Watch The Amazing World Of Gumball on Cartoon Network!
    Follow Ben Bocquelet on twitter!
    Like The Amazing World Of Gumball on facebook!

Atoon is offline Broken English
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It does air on CN Latin America, although that may not meant anything.

MrBabySpencer is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    [QUOTE=The Huntsman;3996083. Frankly, if the show were picked up by any network, I figured it would be picked up by The Hub.[/QUOTE]
    Yeah, The Hub Would Be A Good Network To Pick It Up!!. They've Had Shows From The United Kingdom And Japan Before, So Why Not Pick Up A Show From France

Sketch is offline not like those other old guys
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Starbro

For one thing, it's not a question of "should they acquire this show?". It's more like "Do you think there's a chance that they would or could acquire it?"
    Whoa there, back it up. That's may not be the question being asked.

The question simply seems to be do we here on the board think said show would be suited for airing on Cartoon Network or not? Not that we get a say in what CN does but it's as legitiment a question to ask as any programming related question on this board.

Now I agree the question of whether or not CN could air it or whether or not CN would air it is the question that is more important to answer but even the most informed people here are not qualified to answer that for CN. We can only assume what they will air based on current or past programming trends but things can change on a dime.

Ultimately the only question that can be answered truthfully here without input from CN is whether or not we TZers would like to see this program on CN and while we do not make any calls for CN we can certainly give our answers.

You also don't have to assume anyone here is that naive to the business side of things. People tend to understand even at a young age that money makes the world go round.

It was a harmless question.

For the latest Toonami news and programming discussion, listen to the weekly Toonami Faithful Podcast

Check out an exclusive interview with Boondocks and Black Dynamite director LeSean Thomas

Silverstar is offline Comfortably Dumb
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I honestly wasn't trying to offend anyone. Sorry.
    Like cartoons, comedy, riffs, wisecracks, funny video clips and humorous commentary on animation and geek culture? Check out The Twin Factor, the Star Twins' blog.