Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    {Shadow} is offline Toonami - Saturdays 11:30p-6a!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Cartoon Network May 2012 Premiere Info

Like This Thread!
    May 2012 Premieres - [LAST UPDATED: 04/29]
    [from May 1 - June 3, 2012]

***Official programming highlights for May 2012 can be found here.***

Adventure Time
    Mon May 07 - 7:30pm - 403A - In Your Footsteps
    Mon May 14 - 7:30pm - 403B - Hug Wolf
    Mon May 28 - 7:30pm - 405B - Princess Monster Wife

Annoying Orange
    Mon May 28 - 8:30pm - 103 - Marshmalia: Pages - [SERIES PREMIERE]

Beyblade: Metal Masters
    Sat May 05 - 8:00am - 239 - The Guard Dog of Hades, Kerbecs
    Sat May 12 - 8:00am - 240 - The Furious DJ Battle!
    Sat May 19 - 8:00am - 241 - The Final Countdown
    Sat May 26 - 8:00am - 242 - The Dragon Emperor Descends
    Sat Jun 02 - 8:00am - 243 - Spirits' Last Battle

Green Lantern: The Animated Series
    Sat May 05 - 10:00am - 110 - Regime Change
    Sat May 12 - 10:00am - 111 - Flight Club
    Sat May 19 - 10:00am - 112 - Invasion
    Sat May 26 - 10:00am - 113 - Homecoming - [SEASON FINALE]

MAD
    Mon May 28 - 8:45pm - 301 - The Iron Giant Lady / Raising a New Hope - [NEW TIME] [SEASON PREMIERE]

Pokémon BW: Rival Destinies
    Sat May 05 - 8:30am - 1512 - Stopping the Rage of Legends! (2)
    Sat May 12 - 8:30am - 1513 - Battling the King of the Mines!
    Sat May 19 - 8:30am - 1514 - Crisis at Chargestone Cave!
    Sat May 26 - 8:30am - 1515 - Evolution Exchange Excitement!
    Sat Jun 02 - 8:30am - 1516 - Explorers of the Hero's Ruin!

Regular Show
    Mon May 07 - 8:00pm - 325 - Yes Dude Yes
    Mon May 14 - 8:00pm - 326 - Busted Cart
    Mon May 28 - 8:00pm - 327 - Dead at Eight

ThunderCats
    Sat May 05 - 9:30am - 120 - Curse of Ratilla
    Sat May 12 - 9:30am - 121 - Birth of the Blades
    Sat May 19 - 9:30am - 122 - The Forever Bag
    Sat May 26 - 9:30am - 123 - Recipe for Disaster
    Sat Jun 02 - 9:30am - 124 - The Soul Sever

Young Justice: Invasion
    Sat May 05 - 10:30am - 202 - Earthlings
    Sat May 12 - 10:30am - 203 - Alienated
    Sat May 19 - 10:30am - 204 - Salvage
    Sat May 26 - 10:30am - 205 - Beneath
    Sat Jun 02 - 10:30am - 206 - Bloodlines

FLICKS
    Sat May 12 - 7:00pm - Garfield's Pet Force (2009)

CARTOON PLANET
    Fridays @ 8p/7c

May 04, 2012
    • Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends - "Everyone Knows It's Bendy"
    • Flapjack - "Bubbie's Tummy Ache"
    • Chowder - "Burple Nurples"
    • Courage the Cowardly Dog - "So In Louvres Are We Two"

May 11, 2012
    • Dexter's Laboratory - "Quackor: The Fowl"
    • Codename: Kids Next Door - "Operation: R.A.I.N.B.O.W.S."
    • Billy & Mandy - "Go-Kart 3000"
    • Johnny Bravo - "Run Johnny, Run"
    • I.M. Weasel - "I.M. Ambassador"

May 18, 2012
    • Courage the Cowardly Dog - "The Revenge of the Chicken from Outer Space"
    • Camp Lazlo - "The Battle of the Pimpleback Mountain"
    • The Powerpuff Girls - "Boogie Frights"
    • Ed, Edd 'n Eddy - "A Glass of Warm Ed"

May 25, 2012
    TBA

June 01, 2012
    TBA
    Last edited by {Shadow}; 04-29-2012 at 01:55 AM. Reason: CP schedule updated (5/4)

Sketch is offline not like those other old guys
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Oh come on Cartoon Network where's Scooby-Doo Mystery Incorporated? Must be holding it back for pairing with The Looney Tunes Show again.

Oh great MAD is back at 8:45, we all know how that's going to end by now. I'm surprised it's starting a new season already.

I thought Annoying Orange was supposed to be a half hour.

Do you like making Fantasy Schedules? Come check out Elsewhere

Read ramblings from myself and other animation and comic enthusiasts on The Scratch Pad

NovelleX is offline Destroyer of Threads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Might as well get rid of the pink elephant in the room.

No Scooby-Doo.

That already spells bad news.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew T. Hingson View Post
    Oh come on Cartoon Network where's Scooby-Doo Mystery Incorporated? Must be holding it back for pairing with The Looney Tunes Show again.

Oh great MAD is back at 8:45, we all know how that's going to end by now. I'm surprised it's starting a new season already.

I thought Annoying Orange was supposed to be a half hour.
    I'm not fond of MAD anymore as much as I was when it premiered. All the skits are starting to blend in together, every other character sounds the same, the wordplay and genre mash-ups are starting to get obnoxious, the jokes in which one character believes a character to be referring to one thing when actually referring to something comical are becoming overused, and Twilight really deserves a break from the parody limelight. (It's not the only pop culture franchise that kids are hip with, y'know.) Nothing's really memorable anymore if you ask me. It's just the same nonsense over and over again. Not trying to hate too hard on MAD here, but it's getting extremely formulaic for my tastes.

To put it simply, I won't be disappointed to see it go if that time comes soon.

As for Scooby, your theory of pairing it up with Looney Tunes seems about right. Considering they aired back-to-back on Tuesdays.

I was also lead to believe Annoying Orange would be a half-hour. Oh well, more close calls for me. I doubt I would be able to tolerate the Orange's presence for that long.
    "It wasn't worth it."

ChildHood90s is offline Loves his coffee
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    While you do share some good points, I wouldn't go so far as to expect (or want?) MAD to be canceled. The show still has potential left, and I wouldn't want another show to go through what Chowder went through.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I just realized... no Level Up premieres that month?

I feel like they were really counting on SDMI and The Looney Tunes Show or even Gumball to be ready for this month but none of them were so they had to go light on premieres. Action has a ton but that means almost no premieres besides Saturday morning. Nice planning CN.

Read ramblings from myself and other animation and comic enthusiasts on The Scratch Pad

TheCtes is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Trying Quarter hour premieres again huh CN? In the way that has killed two other original comedies. Don't they get that MAD is the only thing that works in that half hour, and btw shouldn't always be moved around to make room for new series.

They promised us Scooby-Doo in May, why the hell isn't it here. I feel CN has been stupid enough to kinda forget about it, even though the season finale scored better ratings than pretty much all other shows can do. Only a few exceptions. It better be back next month along with TLTS, so they can air back-to-back in primetime one weekday. No Level Up could kill it for good. Hopefully.

I think that Gumball, TLTS, Scooby-Doo and Total Drama will all be back next month. Johnny Test will probably return too then. It has four episodes (8 segments) left of season 5 to air. They must be holding it back so it air along with some of this. Johnny Test and Total Drama should also air back-to-back.

My idea would be:
    Tuesday:
    07:30PM - Gumball
    08:00PM - Scooby-Doo
    08:30PM - The Looney Tunes Show

Wedensday:
    07:30PM - Johnny Test
    08:00PM - Total Drama: Rvenge of the Island
    08:30PM - Level Up

This probably wont happen, since CN thinks about Level Up before anything else even though this would work out very well for the other shows. Other than that Total Drama might be 7:30 tuesday and Scooby-Doo was rumored to be on Wedensday.

WMania is offline Check Out My Avatar Thread!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Another light month of premieres. Around this time last year, they put in Sidekick and Almost Naked Animals and aired all the episodes in a month or two. June will definitely have more episodes.

No Level Up premieres is a plus. And, "The Annoying Orange" might be a sneak peak for all we know and they just cut it down to 15 minutes.

MAD being slotted at 8:45 (SMFA, Problem Solverz, Robotomy's timeslot) shows that CN doesn't have much faith in MAD or have more faith in the Annoying Orange. Maybe they should've moved everything up by 15 minutes so it would like like:

8:00 - Regular Show
    8:15 - Annoying Orange
    8:30 - MAD

I can see why they don't though, as Regular Show is their strongest show.

Also, why are the comedies being pre-emptied on the 21st? Are they just now showing new episodes?

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WMania
    Another light month of premieres. Around this time last year, they put in Sidekick and Almost Naked Animals and aired all the episodes in a month or two. June will definitely have more episodes.

No Level Up premieres is a plus. And, "The Annoying Orange" might be a sneak peak for all we know and they just cut it down to 15 minutes.

MAD being slotted at 8:45 (SMFA, Problem Solverz, Robotomy's timeslot) shows that CN doesn't have much faith in MAD or have more faith in the Annoying Orange. Maybe they should've moved everything up by 15 minutes so it would like like:

8:00 - Regular Show
    8:15 - Annoying Orange
    8:30 - MAD

I can see why they don't though, as Regular Show is their strongest show.

Also, why are the comedies being pre-emptied on the 21st? Are they just now showing new episodes?
    Regular Show being the higher rated show is why running Orange at 8:15 would be smarter. They are giving viewers ample opportunity to change the channel before Annoying Orange. I guess they expect it to APPEAL to their audience.

chdr is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew T. Hingson View Post
    Regular Show being the higher rated show is why running Orange at 8:15 would be smarter. They are giving viewers ample opportunity to change the channel before Annoying Orange. I guess they expect it to APPEAL to their audience.
    Personally, I think putting Annoying Orange in between RS and MAD was actually a pretty good idea. I know people really hate it, but it's already been proven that the online shorts are insanely popular. While it's not a great move creatively, it's a really shrewd idea financially and I expect it to pull great numbers, just like AS is pulling great numbers with Loiter Squad, another show with a huge pre-existing following.

BrianLeague is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Sorry if I'm beating a dead horse, but are Generator Rex and Secret Mountain Fort Awesome going to finish their run on Cartoon Network or not?

I recall someone posting a link to a formspring that belonged to someone who works on Secret Mountain Fort Awesome and they said that Cartoon Network will finish airing it, but they don't know when.

It seems like this month would be a good month to burn them off since there aren't that many premieres, but it could be possible that Cartoon Network is not planning to air them at all.
    Help Sym-Bionic Titan Get Another Season!
    Find us on: Facebook - Twitter - YouTube - deviantART

Watch full episodes of SBT here for free! (You don't need to sign into Adult Swim Gold!)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast