Light Lucario is online now Moderator
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

CN Talkback: Pokemon BW Rival Destinies: "Stopping The Rage Of Legends! Part 1" [4/28]

Like This Thread!

Join Ash, Pikachu and all of their friends as they continue their journey through the Unova region and battle against more Pokemon and try to reach their goals.

Recently:
    Bianca lost to Elesa and almost had to go back to her hometown, but her friendship with Ash, Cilan and Iris convinced her father to let her continue her journey.
    Ash defeated Elesa and earned his fourth Unova Gym badge.
    Ash met with Alder, the Unova Champion, for the first time.
    Ash and his friends arrived in Driftveil City only to find that the Gym is closed for the time being.

Last Time:
    “A Call For Brotherly Love!"
    As Ash is training for his upcoming Gym battle against Clay, our heroes run into Chili, Clian's brother. Chili is having confidence problems regarding his battle skills due to his Pansear's losing streak. After talking to Cress, the third brother, Cilan decides to help out Chili and Pansear. Will Cilan be able to help out his brother regain his confidence?

This Time:
    “Stopping The Rage Of Legends! Part 1"
    Saturday, April, 28th, 8:30am Eastern
    Encore: Sunday, May, 5th, 8:30am Eastern
    Once again, Ash and his friends head to the Driftveil City Gym, only to find that Clay still isn't ready to accept his challenge due to a shortage of Revival Herbs. Clay makes a deal with Ash that if he can bring back some of these herbs, he'll have a battle with him and of course, Ash agrees. Our heroes' search for Revival Herbs brings them to Milos Islands, the only place where Revival Herbs are known to grow, but the island is suffering through a drought. Can Ash and his friends appeal to the legendary Pokemon to bring rain? And what does Team Rocket have in store for them?

Notes:
    The 15th season of Pokemon is here and ready to continue promoting the new fifth generation Pokemon.
    There are plenty of updates on Pokemon Black 2 and Pokemon White 2, including new trainers, a new rival, some new Gym Leaders and some new areas.
    Re-runs of Pokemon BW are now on weekdays at 8:00am with premier episodes now starting at 8:30am.
    Please stay on topic when discussing the episode and do not focus on any kind of edits.
    Please avoid using spoilers in these talkbacks. Thank you.

adyniz is offline Surgeon of Death
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    In the German dub, Yuto's name was "Linus". I wonder if they name it that in the English dub as well.

FFmax is offline Poke Maniac
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Whoa this episode's plot kinda reminded me of the of the Second Pokemon Movie
    Fan of jrpgs, anime, and cartoons.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    I thought that this was an okay episode. Clay setting up that deal with Ash about getting those Revival Herb felt like it came out of nowhere, but at least this does stall the Gym battle for a couple of episodes. I don't like how the series has been rushing through the Gym battles, although BW2 is probably one reason why BW has such a fast pace to begin with. It was kind of nice to see Charles again since he was a pretty fun character. The legend of Milos island definitely reminded me of the second Pokemon movie, except with only two Pokemon fighting instead of three and only two shrines were damaged. The way Tornadus appeared was pretty cool. Cilan using Pansage to battle it while the others went to check on the other shrine was weird. It was at a huge disadvantage and almost all of its moves wouldn't have much effect.

Seeing the battle between Tornadus and Thundurus was pretty cool. I also liked that everyone used some of their Pokemon to fight back, although Ash using Snivy was an odd choice. The double electric attack from Pikachu and Stunfisk was nice. Needing Iris to pretend to be a shrine maiden was kind of weird and I don't know if that should have been able to work in summoning Landorus, but it was a good spot to end the first part. Team Rocket clearly wanted Ash and his friends to summon Landorus so that they can get all three legendary Pokemon. Maybe they'll throw something in during the second part about their plan, but it seems pretty obvious what Team Rocket is up to.

Overall, it was an okay episode. It felt more like just a long setup to the second part with not much happening beyond battling with the legendary Pokemon. Hopefully, the second part will be more interesting to watch.

GolfDude is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    the point of cilan doing that was simply to buy them time to get to the other islands.. he had no intention of actually battling it.. it was merely for distracting him

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GolfDude View Post
    the point of cilan doing that was simply to buy them time to get to the other islands.. he had no intention of actually battling it.. it was merely for distracting him
    I'm aware of that, but using Pansage against a legendary Flying type Pokemon wouldn't provide a distraction for too long. At least with Dwebble or Stunfisk, he could have had a slightly better advantage, or at least had better moves to choose from, in order to stall Tornadus from chasing after the others a bit longer.

Terror of Death is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I enjoyed this episode but my only complaint is that no one was protecting those stone obelisks on those two islands. Just like the three pillars Hunter J destroyed to summon Regigigas no one was standing guard around the area. 90% of the time in the anime when a villain tries to steal or destroy some important artifact either security is extremely lax or it's totally nonexistent. It doesn't make any sense that no one thinks to contact law enforcement or a bunch of skilled trainers to stand guard in order to prevent criminals from summoning legendary Pokemon and causing large scale catastrophes.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Terror of Death View Post
    I enjoyed this episode but my only complaint is that no one was protecting those stone obelisks on those two islands. Just like the three pillars Hunter J destroyed to summon Regigigas no one was standing guard around the area. 90% of the time in the anime when a villain tries to steal or destroy some important artifact either security is extremely lax or it's totally nonexistent. It doesn't make any sense that no one thinks to contact law enforcement or a bunch of skilled trainers to stand guard in order to prevent criminals from summoning legendary Pokemon and causing large scale catastrophes.
    That's a good point. Since these obelisks can be easily destroyed and somehow summon two legendary Pokemon that fight for some reason, it kind of would make sense to have some kind of security to make sure that they aren't destroyed and caused widespread destruction to the island. Though, I'm still questioning how Iris pretending to be a shrine madien could work in summoning Landorus. Wouldn't the fact that she's just dressed up as a shrine madien make it impossible for them to really call forth Landorus?