Quantcast
    Tails is offline Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Steve Blum (voice of Toonami's TOM) calls out Youtube user. (Hoax)

Like This Thread!
    http://www.narutoforums.com/showthread.php?t=819546

I not quite sure understand this story, but apparently some Youtube user made a rant about Toonami/Cartoon Network, which must have been offensive enough that Steve Blum actually wrote about him on his website. I've always like Steve Blum, he seemed like such a cool guy. So it must've been something bad to upset him like this.

HG Revolution is offline Truth (with crazy opinions!)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Wonder why he's not cool with this yet he's cool with Neotoonami.
    Please donate to help with my senior project for school: my senior project! https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/t...ical/x/1210328
    My blog: http://the-lfb.com/author/rbaron/

Kukaeizen13 is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Wait, what? rebeltaxi is what offends him? The guy who just gives his honest opinions on random cartoon network shows? Sure, some of his jokes are lame and a bit uncalled for at times ("Race jokes about the green lantern series," I'm looking at you,) but none of them are that bad. The guy's harmless, just a reviewer who reviews things not many other people do, such as cartoon network shows and niche video games. ....I guess he doesn't like that rebeltaxi has a similar aesthetic to toonami and pokes fun at shows from cartoon network and other places? Is that such a big deal?

I mean, wow.... I can't really see what bad Pan-pizza has done besides having a semblence to toonami and reviewing his favorite cartoon shows... Not all his reviews are negative either. In fact, while he does rag on aspects of the subject matter of each review he does he ultimately likes the vast majority of the stuff he reviews.

Ugh, Blum is out of line on this one. Trust me, I've seen what he's freaking out about and it's no big deal... Nothing worth the rage he's showing. I usually love Steve Blum's stuff but..... man, bad show, Blum.
    EDIT: Okay, I'm checking his retrospective of Toonami thing..... Again, I don't really see anything wrong with this...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=230lW...feature=relmfu Actually seems pretty reverent.
    Last edited by Kukaeizen13; 04-18-2012 at 03:28 PM.

Tails is offline Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MorsaInsana View Post
    Sure, some of his jokes are lame and a bit uncalled for at times ("Race jokes about the green lantern series," I'm looking at you,) but none of them are that bad.
    He also did a similar joke in his Gumball review which I found more offensive than the one he did in the Green Lantern review.

I mean, wow.... I can't really see what bad Pan-pizza has done besides having a semblence to toonami and reviewing his favorite cartoon shows... Not all his reviews are negative either. In fact, while he does rag on aspects of the subject matter of each review he does he ultimately likes the vast majority of the stuff he reviews.
    That's what I don't get, I don't get why Blum in particular is angry other than RebelTaxi's setting is similar to Toonami. I don't see how it hurts Toonami's reputation.

Ed Liu is offline Grumpy Gorilla
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    After digging deep enough through that chain of links to see the post in question, I can't find the post shown in the final image (which, I note, has no URL in it) that is the only proof for this "story" anywhere on Blum's website. The latest post on his blog has hot hot news about "2010 New Stuff!"

I'm leaning towards hoax. The fact that the "proof" cites Dudley from Toonzone specifically means we have a source of independent confirmation, but I'm pretty sure I know what he's going to say about this before even asking him.
    Edward Liu | Disney Forum moderator | Toon Zone News Interviews Editor

"...ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge: it is those who know little, and not those who know much, who so positively assert that this or that problem will never be solved by science."
    -- Charles Darwin, The Descent of Man

Daikun is offline Long Live the Fighter!
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I contacted RT about it. It's a hoax.

Dudley is offline <- Watch the cartoon!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed Liu View Post
    After digging deep enough through that chain of links to see the post in question, I can't find the post shown in the final image (which, I note, has no URL in it) that is the only proof for this "story" anywhere on Blum's website. The latest post on his blog has hot hot news about "2010 New Stuff!"

I'm leaning towards hoax. The fact that the "proof" cites Dudley from Toonzone specifically means we have a source of independent confirmation, but I'm pretty sure I know what he's going to say about this before even asking him.
    First time seeing and hearing about this.
    I've never heard of Rebeltaxi, I don't know how to come in contact with Steve Blum, nor would I notify him of this since it would be completely unnecessary. What the hell would he do about it?
    Plus, I wouldn't even think to contact Steve Blum in the first place, as I don't keep up with voice actors so I didn't know he voiced TOM.

Toons These Days
    Now on That Guy With the Glasses.com
    New episodes return December 16!

Website | Deviantart | Facebook | Twitter | Patreon |