ToonsLover is offline Lover of Toons
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Cartoon Network and Netflix

Like This Thread!
    Is there any reason that there are no Cartoon Network series on Netflix? Nickelodeon and Disney Channel both have a lot of shows on there, so why doesn't Cartoon Network?

DonkeyKongSong is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Turner in general doesn't seem as fond of Netflix as Disney and Viacom are.

Mister Modular is offline Miss Carmody
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    You mean for streaming right? I wanted to watch Flapjack but it looked like it was DVD only last I checked.
    Thinking of a number.

ToonsLover is offline Lover of Toons
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yes, Netflix streaming.

There are just so many great CN series that I really wish would appear on there. Zune Marketplace is way too expensive.

spartanx54 is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I feel your pain. I would love to see my old CN favorites such as Ed Ed and Eddy, Camp Lazlo, and Fosters Home. Those were classics.

I also want Gargoyles from Disney on Netflix, I've been wanting to get into that show for a while. *glares at disney*.
    ​"Anyone can be a hero, even a man who did something so simple and reassuring as putting a coat around a young boy's shoulders, to let him know the world hadn't ended."- Bruce Wayne/Batman

Sketch is offline not like those other old guys
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Warner is finally putting some of their shows on Netflix so hopefully Turner will not be far behind but they were already way behind the times in that regard. They also seem to want to keep streaming of their shows limited to their own streaming services which all require having a provider among their selected options.

Do you like making Fantasy Schedules? Come check out Elsewhere

Read ramblings from myself and other animation and comic enthusiasts on The Scratch Pad

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    What show is Warner's adding to Netflix. Animaniacs, Tiny Toons, Pinky an the Brain and freakazoid hopefully

Sketch is offline not like those other old guys
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    CW shows so no cartoons thus far. They've put some animated movies on over the years but no shows.

Do you like making Fantasy Schedules? Come check out Elsewhere

Read ramblings from myself and other animation and comic enthusiasts on The Scratch Pad

Mixiboi is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Warner Brothers and Netflix aren't the best of friends, so that is the biggest issue of getting content on there:

http://allthingsd.com/20120105/warne...or-new-movies/

56 days after they come out on DVD? That is just insane WB. So I wouldn't hold your breath too long for more WB stuff, they rather sell it to you.

MadMan400096 is offline Half-Elf Maid
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mixiboi View Post
    Warner Brothers and Netflix aren't the best of friends, so that is the biggest issue of getting content on there:

http://allthingsd.com/20120105/warne...or-new-movies/

56 days after they come out on DVD? That is just insane WB. So I wouldn't hold your breath too long for more WB stuff, they rather sell it to you.
    Yeah, but remember, we're talking about streaming CN and WB shows. That's just about the DVDs.

Quote Originally Posted by ToonsLover View Post
    Is there any reason that there are no Cartoon Network series on Netflix? Nickelodeon and Disney Channel both have a lot of shows on there, so why doesn't Cartoon Network?
    Nick has a lot of shows, sure, but Disney has somewhat fewer offerings; they don't offer any show of theirs that's not currently airing.