Light Lucario is offline Moderator
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

CN Talkback: Pokemon BW Rival Destinies: "The Mighty Accelguard To The Rescue" [4/14]

Like This Thread!

Join Ash, Pikachu and all of their friends as they continue their journey through the Unova region and battle against more Pokemon and try to reach their goals.

Recently:
    Meowth is traveling around with Ash and his friends and Scraggy learned Hi-Jump Kick.
    Ash and his friends finally arrive in Nimbasa City only to find out that Meowth was tricking them this whole time in order to steal all of the Pokemon from the Pokemon Center.
    Team Rocket's plan to steal the Pokemon from the Pokemon Center fails, Meowth goes back to Team Rocket and Tepig learns Flamethrower.
    Bianca lost to Elesa and almost had to go back to her hometown, but her friendship with Ash, Cilan and Iris convinced her father to let her continue her journey.
    Ash defeated Elesa and earned his fourth Unova Gym badge.
    Ash met with Alder, the Unova Champion, for the first time.

Last Time:
    The Lonely Deino!"
    On their way to Driftveil City, our heroes come across a trainer with his three Deino. He has a problem with one of his Deino. It is so shy and nervous that it refuses to eat. Iris decides to help this Deino out while its trainer makes a quick trip. When the trainer doesn't return, Ash and his friends try to find him. How will Iris handle this Deino and can they find its trainer?

This Time:
    “The Mighty Accelguard To The Rescue!"
    Saturday, April, 14th, 8:30am Eastern
    Encore: Sunday, April, 22nd, 8:30am Eastern
    Our heroes have arrived in Driftveil City. The only problem is that the Gym isn't open at the moment, so Ash and his friends decide to explore the city. When they arrive at the market, they see a couple of thieves, only to be defeated by the Mighty Accelguard. Who is this mysterious masked hero and how will he deal with the evil Team Vanllite?

Notes:
    The 15th season of Pokemon is here and ready to continue promoting the new fifth generation Pokemon.
    There are plenty of updates on Pokemon Black 2 and Pokemon White 2, including new trainers, a new rival, some new Gym Leaders and some new areas.
    Re-runs of Pokemon BW are now on weekdays at 8:00am with premier episodes now starting at 8:30am.
    Please stay on topic when discussing the episode and do not focus on any kind of edits.
    Please avoid using spoilers in these talkbacks. Thank you.

ShadowBlinky is offline Best Marathon Ever
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Ah, Ash, your cluelessness never ceases to amaze and amuse me.

Light Lucario is offline Moderator
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I thought that this was a pretty decent episode. I was kind of surprised to see that they already arrived in Driftveil City and didn't go straight into the Gym battle. There isn't that much to do in the city in the games, aside from the Team Plasma taking over the storage. I was kind of hoping for a longer gap between his fourth and fifth badge anyway, so not going straight into the Gym introduction is okay with me. Charles seemed like a fun character. Part of it does come from being voiced by Dan Green and it sounded like he was having a fun time, especially when he became the Mighty Accelguard. The initial setup reminded me a lot of that Gligarman filler episode from way back in Johto, but they made the Mighty Accelguard a bit more clumsy and not praised by the whole city.

Ash not picking up on Charles being the Mighty Accelguard was kind of funny. He's still completely clueless about obvious stuff. The transformation sequence for Charles was actually pretty cool. Team Vanllite was weird and their plan was so ridiculous. That was obviously the point, but it was more strange than funny. Though, it does make me wonder how much the writers miss writing the comedy relief Team Rocket. Iris' fear of Ice types appeared again. I realize that it's used for comedy relief, especially when she's afraid of Pokemon that look like snow cones, but whenever it does come up now, I just think of how inconsistent it is. It was kind of cool to see the Mighty Accelguard defeat the villain for once.

Overall, it was a fun and relatively decent episode. I hope that next week's episode is more interesting and fun to watch though.

ChildHood90s is offline Loves his coffee
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Okay then... What was power rangers doing in my pokemon?

Lol seriously. Charles had such an 80s/90s flare to him

_
    With all the new characters, the high level of cheese, *easily* the most I've enjoy pokemon in a while.