Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    TheVileOne is online now Peace Loving Shinobi
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    I was sort of hoping for a Bengali appearance, but oh well.

Overall good episode albeit a little slow. Tygra was getting a little looney tunes there thinking about moving in with the tigers. I mean what about his girlfriend? Doubt Cheetara would've just stayed with him.

But we finally got a Tygra backstory episode. I don't think putting this episode in the first 13 would've worked. Sometimes you got to keep digging before you get your prize you know. All in good time. I think fans are just impatient about storytelling sometimes and they need to let things develop and evolve.
    "This is true. This is real. This . . . Is . . . STRAIGHT EDGE."

-CM Punk

BigFatHairyDeal is offline Defender of the Universe
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Count me in among the many who thought we might see Bengali this episode.

I'm guessing they didn't get Larry Kenney to voice Claudis in this episode, or at least it didn't sound like his voice.

Other than those two bits, I really liked this episode. We get a little bit of background for why Tygra is always so sore at Lion-o: his birth cost him both any chance at the thrown, and led to the death of the only mother he ever knew. I think it's interesting that this episode aired after a few episodes in which we might've seen some greater understanding developing between the brothers. Glad to see we finally saw Lion-o's mother. Of course, it also answered the question we all must've asked at some point, specifically how did Claudis come to adopt Tygra as his own son.

Looking forward to next week.

Sketch is offline not like those other old guys
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tygra's back story reminded me of two stories in the bible. The story of Moses in regards to the child being sent away and coming to live as a prince of another land and the story of Abraham and Isaac (pretty sure that was the one) in regard to sacrificing a newborn son (a very twisted version of it that is). Not looking for a debate here, it was just what I thought when I saw the episode.

It's no wonder Tygra always had a grudge against Lion-O. He lost the mother who cared for him and his prince hood. Compelling drama I must say.

Do you like making Fantasy Schedules? Come check out Elsewhere

Read ramblings from myself and other animation and comic enthusiasts on The Scratch Pad

FightingDreamer is offline Mutant on the Rise
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew T. Hingson View Post
    Tygra's back story reminded me of two stories in the bible. The story of Moses in regards to the child being sent away and coming to live as a prince of another land and the story of Abraham and Isaac (pretty sure that was the one) in regard to sacrificing a newborn son (a very twisted version of it that is). Not looking for a debate here, it was just what I thought when I saw the episode.

It's no wonder Tygra always had a grudge against Lion-O. He lost the mother who cared for him and his prince hood. Compelling drama I must say.
    It's funny you say that. When the Ancient Spirits told Javon to go to the highest peak to kill his son and then gave him that dagger, I was thinking, "NICE BIBLE REFERENCE GUYS."

But yeah, this was a pretty solid episode. Always good to hear Jim Cummings in a show like this, and I liked that we got a bittersweet ending.
    “Movies are so rarely great art that if we cannot appreciate great trash we have very little reason to be interested in them."-Pauline Kael

Sketch is offline not like those other old guys
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Ah yes Jim Cummings, everyone's favorite go to Disney villain voice. As excepted he played a crafty villain. But first he was a charming inviting guy... like... usual.

Do you like making Fantasy Schedules? Come check out Elsewhere

Read ramblings from myself and other animation and comic enthusiasts on The Scratch Pad

ShadowGUN is offline Hey listen!!!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Great episode. Good to see Tygra getting an origin episode. Btw did Queen (that what the credits are calling Lion-O mom) ever appear or even mention in the previous series? I know Claudis appear a few times but I can't remember if Lion-O's mom appear in it.
    "Toonami:Tougher than the Best,Stronger than the Rest."

TOONAMI LIVES (5/26/12)

Light Lucario is online now Moderator
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I thought that this was a really good episode. It was interesting to get more backstory on Tygra and how he was adopted by the lions. Tygra looked adorable as a baby and a little kid. It really explained why he had a grudge against Lion-O. Not only did his birth cause him to lose being considered a prince, but it also made him lose his mother. That was pretty sad since he seemed to really care about her. While I could understand that Tygra would feel a connection to his birth father that would make him want to stay, I also thought it was kind of sudden, especially with his whole relationship with Cheetara in mind.

The effect the curse had on the whole Tiger clan was interesting and I thought it was touching that even in the face of that disease and evil spirits, Tygra's birth father couldn't kill him. I wasn't quite sure how Tygra forgiving his birth father freed them from that curse. It sounded nice, but it felt kind of a deus ex machina to solve the curse issue. The ending was definitely bittersweet with Tygra losing his birth father and Lion-O trying to comfort him. One of my favorite aspects of this episode was that the two of them acted like brothers. Overall, it was a solid episode with some needed backstory for Tygra. I hope that next week's episode will be fun to watch too.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    It was nice to see Lion-O looking out for Tygra for once and trying to protect him. They do truly come off like brothers now.

-CM Punk

ABrown is offline Father of twins
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert McSantos View Post
    Considering the episode's subject matter, I'm surprised Bengali never showed up.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
    I was sort of hoping for a Bengali appearance, but oh well.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigFatHairyDeal View Post
    Count me in among the many who thought we might see Bengali this episode.
    Am I missing something? Why were you all expecting Bengali to show up???

I'm guessing they didn't get Larry Kenney to voice Claudis in this episode, or at least it didn't sound like his voice.
    I was wondering the same thing. It definitely didn't sound like him.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Because we saw the synopsis for this episode and though, hey Tygra finds a missing tiger tribe, maybe Bengali is among them since he's a breed of tiger like Tygra. Bengali is like bengal tiger hence Bengali.

-CM Punk

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast