Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    HEATXZ is offline Duck Knght
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    Great episode :anime:
    Good to have Lion-O alive and fight Mumm-Ra
    Greatest Funniest Character nominations ,Feel free to visit my Toonzone Blog

Edward15 is offline To The Toons Of The 2000's!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
    1. Show was not announced as returning at the upfronts.
    Neither was Scooby Doo Mystery Incorporated, but that show is bound to get renewed.

TheVileOne is offline Peace Loving Shinobi
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I've already addressed the Scooby Doo matter. Those episodes were already announced and are already done or nearly done and premiering next month. Upfronts didn't count that or the Thundercats episodes that will be on throughout the summer.
    "This is true. This is real. This . . . Is . . . STRAIGHT EDGE."

-CM Punk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Do we have to get into an argument about whether or not the show is cancelled in every single talkback thread? Can't we just discuss the episode?

BigFatHairyDeal is offline Defender of the Universe
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Just turned on the DVR and caught the episode.

I liked it. I admit, I was kind of disappointed that Lion-o got off the hook that, um, easily? I was sort of hoping that the other Thundercats could've made an offering or sacrifice themselves to save Lion-o's soul. Either way, I thought the trials were handled pretty well this episode, especially considering how little time they had to spend covering them. I don't know if we should read into the fact that in the trials, Lion-o still couldn't beat Tygra. It would be interesting if that scenario were somehow revisited in the future.

Normally, I don't bother to check who wrote the episode, but for some reason I did today and noticed it was Will Friedle. After watching the Batman Beyond DVD extras, I'm guessing he's a guy who really pays attention to storylines and is a real fan of the shows he works on.

Looking forward, I think Mumm-ra is due for a decisive victory.

Dragnatek is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Edward15 View Post
    Neither was Scooby Doo Mystery Incorporated, but that show is bound to get renewed.
    The second season of 26 was announced at LAST YEARS upfront. So it's a different deal.

This will be it for Thundercats sadly, unless the spirit stone gives it a second chance at life. It's sad because this Thundercats is so much better then the first series was and that one lasted for over a hundred episodes. It's not fair.

Lord Mawdryn is offline Board Bad Boy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    From what I understand, a decision hasn't been made yet, so CN couldn't announce it's been renewed at the upfronts. I think they're waiting to see how the episodes that have been produced so far do before giving thumbs up or thumbs down...

"Give a monkey a brain and he'll swear he's the center of the universe..."

Lighthammer is offline Bringer of the Light
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Great episode.

This was a very interesting take on the trials from the original Thundercats series. I liked it a lot!

BigFatHairyDeal is offline Defender of the Universe
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragnatek View Post
    This will be it for Thundercats sadly, unless the spirit stone gives it a second chance at life. It's sad because this Thundercats is so much better then the first series was and that one lasted for over a hundred episodes. It's not fair.
    It's important to make the distinction that you don't compete against history, you compete against your contemporaries. The storytelling of the current show is better, but I'd say almost any current cartoon that aims for serious storytelling is better than any American cartoon from the mid-80's. If these talkbacks are indicative of anything, the original show surpassed the current one in being able to distinguish itself from its generation. A reasonable question to ask is if the current show would be successful, or even green-lit, if it didn't have the name "Thundercats."

Light Lucario is offline Moderator
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert McSantos View Post
    Do we have to get into an argument about whether or not the show is cancelled in every single talkback thread? Can't we just discuss the episode?
    I don't think that the discussion of whether or not the show is going to be renewed has come up that often. I don't remember it being a major discussion in the other episode talkbacks before the information from the Upfront was released. As long as it doesn't completely dominate the episode talkbacks, I don't see the problem with talking about the show's future.

Anyway, I thought that this was a pretty good episode. I thought that the last two trials went a bit too quick, though more with the test against Panthro than Tygra. The trial against Panthro felt like a way to make Lion-O look like a stronger leader than he actually is, to me at least. I was surprised that he actually lost against Tygra though. I knew that it would be the most challenging one for Lion-O, but I figured that he would be able to overcome it somehow. It said a lot more about Lion-O's emotional state by being unable to defeat Tygra. Despite how he tries to become a good king, he still has self-doubt due to how much better Tygra has been in everything. Not to mention his anger still clouds his judgment and prevents him from making the best decision.

Personally, I would have liked to see Tygra make some good decisions as the temporary King. I understand that they wouldn't let him be a better leader than Lion-O and it was nice that he realized that being King is much more difficult than he thought it would be, but considering how he has been depicted as being so much better than Lion-O, it would have been kind of interesting to see him make a couple of good decisions before Lion-O came back. I liked how Kit was so sure that Lion-O would come back and referred back to the elephants. Their lessons really clicked for her.

I also thought that Lion-O got off a bit too easy at the end. Even the way he got the sword back felt a bit too easy. I knew that they wouldn't kill him off for good, but I would have liked to see everyone's reactions to learning what Lion-O sacrificed and then offered to do something to keep Lion-O alive. That could have showed how they care about Lion-O and how they're such a good team. Still, it was a pretty enjoyable episode and I think that Will Friedle did a relatively good job with writing it out. It definitely shows how much he's involved with the show and his character. Hopefully, next week's episode will be fun to watch too.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12