Sketch is offline not like those other old guys
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Action Programming Strategy Discussion

Like This Thread!
    Okay this often enough comes up in other threads so I figured there may as well be a thread for discussing action animation programming strategies for Cartoon Network and how they are doing thus far.

Action animation seems to have low priority for CN comedies generally do better in premieres and reruns. But I think we can all agree placement and promotion is lacking for all of their action programming in recent years.

So go ahead and hammer out some ideas.

I'll start with the idea of moving action premieres to lower competition slots to get the most out of them. Thursday comes to mind or Wednesday if comedy premieres can be consolidated to two nights. Saturday night is a viable option as well. Do they really need the same movie two nights in a row? Friday could be another movie night is Cartoon Planet does not work out.

Do you like making Fantasy Schedules? Come check out Elsewhere

Read ramblings from myself and other animation and comic enthusiasts on The Scratch Pad

TheCtes is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Ninjago shows us that action shows can do really well with no big competition. It seems like they always want to use the actions shows to go against Nick and Disneys strongest times. I'm sure ThunderCats and DC Nation could do very well on Thursday night. Star Wars will hopefully stay on weekday nights, because I think that's much more fitting to it.

I'm kinda against having premieres before 7:30pm, though I guess 7pm would work too. We can't touch Monday night, because that's working out too well for comedy. The same kinda goes for tuesday night. I think Ben 10 would work well after Ninjago, they return at about the same time right?

Pokemon and Beyblade are weekend shows, and I think they should continue to be so, also Redakai I guess.

So if we have lets say Gumball, AT, RS and MAD on monday. JT, TD, LU, Scooby and TLTS tueday (they wont all be on at the same time anyways). Then we could have Ben 10, Ninjago, Star Wars and ThunderCats Wedensday, though I'm not sure about the order, and DC Nation thursday. With room for more programs (New Shows, Batman, Teen Titans, Justice League etc). Cartoon Planet on Friday could get another hour too.