Quantcast
    Light Lucario is offline Moderator
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

CN Talkback: Pokemon BW Rival Destinies: "Scraggy And The Demanding Gothita!" [3/31]

Like This Thread!

Join Ash, Pikachu and all of their friends as they continue their journey through the Unova region and battle against more Pokemon and try to reach their goals.

Recently:
    Meowth is traveling around with Ash and his friends and Scraggy learned Hi-Jump Kick.
    Ash and his friends finally arrive in Nimbasa City only to find out that Meowth was tricking them this whole time in order to steal all of the Pokemon from the Pokemon Center.
    Team Rocket's plan to steal the Pokemon from the Pokemon Center fails, Meowth goes back to Team Rocket and Tepig learns Flamethrower.
    Bianca lost to Elesa and almost had to go back to her hometown, but her friendship with Ash, Cilan and Iris convinced her father to let her continue her journey.
    Ash defeated Elesa and earned his fourth Unova Gym badge.
    Ash met with Alder, the Unova Champion, for the first time.

Last Time:
    The Four Seasons Of Sawsbuck!"
    On their way to Driftveil City, our heroes meet Robert, a photographer who wishes to create a legendary photo of all four Sawsbuck forms together. But this only happens in a certain area. Ash decides to help Robert with his goal, but Pokemon are acting strange as they try to find this area. Will Ash and his friends be able to help Robert in creating this legendary photograph?

This Time:
    “Scraggy And The Demanding Gothita!"
    Saturday, March, 31st, 8:30am Eastern
    Encore: Sunday, April, 8th, 8:30am Eastern
    As our heroes continue traveling to Driftveil City, they meet a trainer who is having problems with her Gothita. Gothita develops a crush on Scraggy and the trainer, Katarine, asks for Ash to trade his Scraggy. When Ash refuses, she challenges him to a battle and if he loses, he has to trade away Scraggy. Will Ash be able to win this battle and keep Scraggy?

Notes:
    The 15th season of Pokemon is here and ready to continue promoting the new fifth generation Pokemon.
    Pokemon Black 2 and Pokemon White 2 were recently announced and are planned to be release in the U.S. this fall. Though we don't know how these games will affect the anime at the moment.
    Re-runs of Pokemon BW are now on weekdays at 8:00am with premier episodes now starting at 8:30am.
    Please stay on topic when discussing the episode and do not focus on any kind of edits.
    Please avoid using spoilers in these talkbacks. Thank you.

adyniz is offline Surgeon of Death
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    And yet another 4kids VA made her return to the anime!

Kerry Williams as Katharine

FFmax is offline Pangoro's Bizarre Adventure
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I knew Katherine sounded kinda familiar, but I forgot which characters her voice actor voiced.
    Fan of jrpgs, anime, and cartoons.

zoombie is online now Forum Elder
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    They never shoved the whole messed up relationship Katherine has with Gothita. This character of the week we will never see again, and our heros didn't teach her to how to show her pokemon who is boss.

adyniz is offline Surgeon of Death
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FFmax View Post
    I knew Katherine sounded kinda familiar, but I forgot which characters her voice actor voiced.
    One of her notable roles were Jirachi (movie 6), Casey (the Electabuzz girl) and Sakura (one of the Kimono sisters).

Sgt.Frog is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This episode was good. I really liked the Axew and Scraggy bonding moments and training session. I thought it was awfully kind of Axew to be so concerned over losing Scraggy to Gothita. Tepig and Snivy both got, in my opinion, much needed wins and Snivy didn't run in a certain problem she usually faces in most battles since she didn't use Attract. I still think that Snivy relies on Attract too much and times where she has battled other females Pokemon she got some must justified losses, so I hope this is leading up to something. I liked the moment where Gothita is about to attack Garbordor but is attacked by Snivy, and Katharine was pretty funnier. I'm kind of disappointed Ash had Pikachu, starters, and Scraggy out to train and play but Tranquill in her Pokeball, unless Ash had only five Pokemon with him. I'm kind of surprised Axew didn't use it's Outrage, and I did like the little scrap it had with Gothita.

Light Lucario is offline Moderator
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sgt.Frog
    This episode was good. I really liked the Axew and Scraggy bonding moments and training session. I thought it was awfully kind of Axew to be so concerned over losing Scraggy to Gothita. Tepig and Snivy both got, in my opinion, much needed wins and Snivy didn't run in a certain problem she usually faces in most battles since she didn't use Attract. I still think that Snivy relies on Attract too much and times where she has battled other females Pokemon she got some must justified losses, so I hope this is leading up to something. I liked the moment where Gothita is about to attack Garbordor but is attacked by Snivy, and Katharine was pretty funnier. I'm kind of disappointed Ash had Pikachu, starters, and Scraggy out to train and play but Tranquill in her Pokeball, unless Ash had only five Pokemon with him. I'm kind of surprised Axew didn't use it's Outrage, and I did like the little scrap it had with Gothita.
    Tepig has had a lot of victories, so the only reason it needed to win was to prevent Katarine from getting Scraggy. I agree that Snivy definitely needed a victory after its terrible battle in the Nimbasa Gym. I think that you mean Ash relies on Attract too much. He almost always uses that attack when he has Snivy battle. I don't know if using Attract on female Pokemon has led to Snivy getting some justified losses. I doubt that this is leading to anything. Since they didn't go to a Pokemon Center, Ash had Tranquil the whole time. The writers don't seem to be that interested in doing anything with Tranquil, which is kind of disappointing. I wasn't surprised that Axew didn't use Outrage. It hasn't used that attack since the Club Battle Tournament, even though it could have used that attack in other episodes, such as when it was kidnapped. At this point, I expect Axew will only use Outrage when in another tournament battle so that Iris can have another undeserved victory.

Anyway, I thought that this was a pretty good episode. I was so surprised to see Iris giving Axew some training at the beginning since that hasn't happened for a long time. Though, I don't know how helpful battling Scraggy is for Axew's growth, but it's slightly better than Axew doing nothing. I definitely don't think that Axew is stronger like everyone was saying after the match. If Axew really had gotten stronger, then it would be useful against opponents that aren't Scraggy or Team Rocket. Whenever it has battled against other Pokemon, Axew would struggle and lose, with the exception of its battle against Golett since the writers pretty much handed Iris that victory by letting Axew learn Outrage out of nowhere. Considering that Axew's growth is the main aspect to Iris's goal, she really should be training it more often and doing more than just sparing with Scraggy.

Still, it was cute to see Axew and Scraggy play together after the match. That Gothita was pretty spoiled from the start with asking Katarine to trade away one of her Pokemon for Scraggy. She didn't even seem to mind the idea of losing one of her Pokemon, which gave me the impression she wasn't that close to her other Pokemon at least. I knew that Ash wouldn't be interested trading away Scraggy. Katarine saying that he was scared and that he made fake badges was a bit harsh, but that was the only way to get Ash to battle her. I thought that the first battle was okay. I thought that Ash would choose Pikachu to battle Mandibuzz, but then there wouldn't be any tension about whether or not Ash could lose. Mandibuzz did look pretty strong with Dark Pulse and Brave Bird, but Tepig's Flamethrower and Flame Charge were able to take her down. The recoil damage from Brave Bird helped them too.

I thought it was kind of weird that Axew was having a nightmare about Scraggy being traded away after the match. There wasn't any danger of losing Scraggy by that point, but I guess the idea of being separated from Scraggy was still too scary for Axew. I liked that Snivy was keeping an eye on the situation and went out to help them against that Garbordor. I liked the battle against Snivy and Gothita since Snivy can always use some more battle screentime. Plus, it was nice to see that spoiled Gothita be put in its place.

Overall, I thought it was pretty good episode. Axew and Scraggy playing together was cute, the battles were good and seeing Snivy getting some screentime is always welcomed. I hope that next week's episode will be fun to watch too.

Scrappy-Fan92 is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I liked Axew's nightmare sequence, Cilan's costume was freaking hilarious.

Doguineta is online now Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This was great. I loved Katherine and her relationship with Gothita (I found myself wondering who trained who before Iris pointed that out). I would really like this two to come back like Stephan does, but I know it's very unlikely.

My favorite parts were Cilan annoying Katherine with his train knowledge & that smug look Snivy gave Gothita after beating her (& Gothita's reaction)Also, I know the Pokedex said "Garbordor: the Trash Heap Pokemon" but I heard "the trashy Pokemon", which made me laugh.

Overall one of the better filler in a while. Great episode, looking forward to next weeks.
    Nothing to see here, just keep on with what you were doing...

TheCtes is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Filler really has been better lately. I enjoyed the episode and I liked Katherine too. The Pokemon had good parts, I love when they're bonding, and finally some good training too.