Search the Site:
Follow Us:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Chaotix12345 is offline Let's-a Go! Ku Ku Ku!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!

Quote Originally Posted by KPTitan View Post
    According to Eugene Son, Yuri Lowenthal, Ashley Johnson, and Greg Cipes will be reprising their roles of Ben, Gwen, and Kevin in the new series. So, I'm assuming that they're going to be at least a couple years older.
    Yep, Omniverse IS a continuation of AF/UA. (Hence Ben's shiny new Omnitrix.) However, a portion of the episodes will also go back in time to fill in the gaps between the original series and AF. That's why both Bens are present in the art and toyline.
    Official Reporter for Herotaku, home of the latest tokusatsu news!

ToonsLover is offline Lover of Toons
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    That makes more sense, thanks for clearing that up. I'm happy we're going further in time then, but Omniverse definitely looks like it'll be trying to follow the older series a lot more closely. Is this gonna be from the same people that worked on AF/UA? Honestly, I think new writers are needed.

Blackmanba is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zoombie View Post
    Either way, Harangue is screwed.
    I can live with that!

swarlock is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaotix12345 View Post
    Yep, Omniverse IS a continuation of AF/UA. (Hence Ben's shiny new Omnitrix.) However, a portion of the episodes will also go back in time to fill in the gaps between the original series and AF. That's why both Bens are present in the art and toyline.
    That relieves my intial fears of the upcoming show. I'm a bit put off by the art style but I'll get use to it.

zoombie is offline Forum Elder
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well I hope to see adult Ben and complete and have all three Ben's together. Speaking of which I get the feeling Vilgax is never going away, he is going to be the Megatron to Ben's Optimus Prime. Ben will be fighting Vilgax when he is an old man, his grandkids will be fighting Vilgax.

I hope the series does continue the storylines of UA, and not be too much in the past. I want to see the Swam Queen and the Charmcaster character arcs continue. They left on cliffhangers, is Julie the Swarm Queen's new arch enemy?, what is the significance of Charmcaster finding that Darkstar mask? Those types of gray characters interest me more than Vilgax like characters, I love the arch enemy arch type pure evil as much as anyone, but the more complex villains that I want to see more of. There is more antiicipation of what they will do next, I know Vilgax is going to do next, we all know.

If they did an episode with Charmcaster and the Sawm Queen together against Gwen and Julie, that would be Batman: the Animated series like awesome, like the episode when Posion Ivy and Harley Quinn teamed up, and that was an all time classic episode even though Batgirl is the main hero.

AdamYJ is offline The Saturday Morning Kid
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    All I remember thinking during this episode is: "Huh, so that's what it would look like if Ultraman tried to beat up Cthulu".
    Saturday Morning is not just part of the week. It's a state of mind.

jaredstar is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    i enjoyed the ep but i couldnt help but think this is another example of reed richards is useless syndrome. i mean seriously even if he isnt going to destroy all evil in the universe couldnt he have cured some diseases while he had that type of power.

trance2009 is online now Fun to play with not to eat
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jaredstar View Post
    i enjoyed the ep but i couldnt help but think this is another example of reed richards is useless syndrome. i mean seriously even if he isnt going to destroy all evil in the universe couldnt he have cured some diseases while he had that type of power.
    I'm sure it would have backfired somehow. Maybe the only way to cure some disease was by killing the host or something.

Gold Starz is offline "Evil Resides In Crystal Cove"
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    "I wish all villains were in prison."

And that's how Ben fails at thinking.

Frankly, it was a mediocre finale for a good season of a mediocre show.

Also, why weren't Ben, George and Kevin mind-controlled when they were "unhelmeted" or "de-sworded"? Surely there was at least one Lucubra that wandered into our dimension from Diagon's, or Geogre at least recognized the group as a possible hindrance.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    After waiting one week, we now have Part II of Ultimate Alien's Season 2 and Series Finale, written by the "Maestro" himself, the late Dwayne McDuffie!

*After a quick recap of Part I, George wastes no time in using Azmuth's Sword to attack Diagon! It's working, but they need more time!

*Vilgax (and Psython) are no where to be seen, so Diagon sends some Flame Keeper Circle members to attack!

*Ben goes Waybig, but it still isn't enough! So he decides to take it to the next level...

*We get a new Ultimate Form, Ultimate Waybig! I'm surprised this new form was brought out so early in the episode, but who knows how long this fight will last. Geez, Diagon really does make Ultimate Waybig look like a spec!

*Alright, now Diagon looks smaller, probably his "fighting form" to face Ultimate Waybig. Ultimate Watbig's line about how he doesn't even know if Diagon has a butt was pretty funny, I must admit!

*In a Mana Shield, Gwen and Kevin form a plan to help out...

*Ultimate Waybig vs Diagon was a pretty cool fight, reminded me of some of the Godzilla fights!

*Uh oh, Ben's already been knocked out of Ultimate Waybig form and it isn't even the first commercial break!

*It was interesting hearing all those sound effects without any music playing for awhile.

*That was nice of George to praise Ben's efforts, he really didn't have anything against him!

*Ben quickly regains conscience and goes Ultimate Wildmutt to join the battle!

*Hearing Diagon actually asking George if he was tired due to a lack of quips was pretty hilarious! Chromastone answering for George was a Crowning Moment of Funny! Dwayne always had a specialty for lamp shade hanging!

*Gwen giving her mana to Chromastone to absorb was unexpected and clever!

*Ben hanging a lamp shade on worrying about Vilgax with Diagon around was a Crowing Moment of Funny!

*Speaking of Vilgax, he and Psython are in the cave with that machine. Hmm...

*Woah, Old George is dead! That's definitely a terrible way to go!

*As if things weren't bad enough, Vilgax reveals his betrayal to Diagon, he has something planned...

*This machine absorbs power and because Diagon is made of power he gets absorbed!

*Ben trying to warn Psython not to do that, only for Psython to snarkly respond that's the idea was a Crowning Moment of Funny!

*Psthon shooting the beam at Vilgax reminded me of when Brainwashed Bulma shot Blutz Waves at Baby (possessing Vegeta) back in Dragonball GT! Vilgax has now fused with Diagon!

*Vilgax wastes no time trying to use his new powers to kill the Trio! Good thing Gwen was able to teleport them out of there in time!

*They are at the Mount Rushmore Plumber Base first introduced in the Original Series' 1st Season Finale, Secrets!

*Ben suspecting it would take a few days for Vilgax to find them only for him to find them a few seconds afterwords was a Crowning Moment of Funny!

*Man Vilgax, you sure have an obsession with destroying the Mount Rushmore heads! First Roosevelt and now Washington!

*Vilgax asking Ben what alien he'll use for this final battle all while hanging a lampshade on the "tiresome Ultimate Aliens" was a Crowning Moment of Funny!

*Instead Ben uses Azmuth's Sword! Reminds me of the Legend of Zelda's Master Sword! I have to admit, Ben in the suit of armor was kind of Narmish...

*With one mighty swipe Ben absorbs Diagon's power and reverts Vilgax to his normal form. I must admit, that was anti-climactic...

*...Ah, but the true final battle is an inner struggle! Vilgax pulls an Emperor Palpatine/Darth Sidious and tries to tempt Ben to turn to the Dark Side by having him become corrupted by the power! This mirrors Superman's struggle to avoid becoming like his Justice Lord Counterpart from Justice League(Unlimited), a story arc Dwayne also had a hand in making!

*Gwen and Kevin obviously object to this idea! Gwen hanging a lamp shade of taking moral advice from Vilgax was priceless!

*Julie and Ship arrive to add their input on this conflict! Vilgax constantly saying "Do it!" and Gwen telling him to shut up was hilarious!

*Ben can't think with Gwen, Kevin, Julie and Vilgax bombarding him with their say and takes a moment to reflect...

*The Alien Force and Ultimate Alien flash back montage was great, but I wish they included clips from the Original Series.

*Ben seems to have made a decision and the other 4 characters watch him intensely to see whose advice he chose...

*...Ultimately Ben does the right thing and doesn't turn to the Dark Side! Julie gives him a kiss, I'm sure the fans of that ship (no pun intended) cheered!

*That's not his only reward though! Azmuth comes to take the Sword and the Ultimatrix and gives Ben for prooving his worth as a hero...a brand new Omnitrix! No doubt to set up Omniverse! Azmuth saying he'll give him the Master Control for his 18th birthday was funny!

*As many were wondering and hoping, Dwayne McDuffie did get a tribute, they were just saving it for the Series Finale! A truly Crowning Moment of Heart Warming!

That was a great Series Finale! I actually liked that Ben's final battle was an internal struggle! It also felt like there was a big mood switch around the halfway mark and the last few minutes! Now Omniverse will be coming in about half a year!

Chaotix12345 is offline Let's-a Go! Ku Ku Ku!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ToonsLover View Post
    That makes more sense, thanks for clearing that up. I'm happy we're going further in time then, but Omniverse definitely looks like it'll be trying to follow the older series a lot more closely. Is this gonna be from the same people that worked on AF/UA? Honestly, I think new writers are needed.
    I believe it's been confirmed that new writers will be brought in for Omniverse. (I think that they're some of the same writers as in Transformers Animated and Scooby-Doo: Mystery Inc.)
    Official Reporter for Herotaku, home of the latest tokusatsu news!

King_of_doom is offline kiva fan
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaotix12345 View Post
    I believe it's been confirmed that new writers will be brought in for Omniverse. (I think that they're some of the same writers as in Transformers Animated and Scooby-Doo: Mystery Inc.)
    Indeed, i can't pic a story similar to AF UA in the new Omniverse because it does show it has alot more energy especially when it comes to fight scenes.
    You'll never get credit for my discovery,Who's going to believe a talking head? Get a job in a sideshow*Herbert West*

Deadpool: They replace Megas XLR for this!? Man where’s the world coming to

Light Lucario is online now Moderator
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I finally got a chance to see the finale and I thought it was okay. Even though I realized what would happened to Dagon when I saw the promos for the new episode, I was still kind of disappointed with how Vilgax absorbed him to become stronger. After all of that buildup to his reveal, Ben using Ultimate Way Big, which did have a pretty nice design, and George's death, it felt like a cheap way to make Ben be able to defeat Dagon. He clearly couldn't have if Vilgax didn't basically become Dagon. I thought that he also figured out how to use the sword a bit too quickly, but Ben getting knight armor looked pretty cool.

I didn't really like that whole Ben feeling tempted by that power. I can see where they were going with it, especially when both Gwen and Kevin dealt with temptations about their own powers before, but it felt way too forced and out of nowhere for my tastes. Even with having more power, Ben really shouldn't have listened to Vilgax, or at least not so quickly when he placed the thought into his mind. Maybe if there was more buildup to Ben being tempted by this power, it could have worked out better. I liked the use of clips from the last two series though. I actually forgot that Julie had escaped with Ship until she appeared. It was kind of cool to see Ben get his new Ometrix. I also thought it was a really nice touch to include that in memory of Dwyane McDuffie.

Overall, I thought it was an okay finale at best. The buildup to Dagon's confrontation was wasted with Vilgax absorbing him, it felt like they were dragging this fight out, especially with the first episode where Ben and the others were just fighting for the majority of the episode, and I agree that this felt more like a season finale more so than a series finale. I'm not sure if I even enjoyed this season more than the last one. While the first season finale had its share of problems, the fight against Ultimate Kevin was at least engaging and there was more energy put behind it in my opinion. Aggregor was a boring villain, so despite the wasted buildup, I would give Dagon more credit as a villain since he actually felt intimidating. It might be about equal, but Ultimate Alien, as a whole, just leaves a "meh" feeling for me. I'm hoping that Omniverse will be more enjoyable and interesting. Even though the character designs do make them look younger, especially sixteen year old Ben, the artwork looks better in animation than I thought it would, the new aliens look pretty cool and I'm hoping that the new writers will help to make Omniverse leave a better impression on me than Ultimate Alien did.

HellCat is offline Travelling hero
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Pretty much the pap I've come to expect from this show. Every twist was very predictable and the end was particularly bad. It was kinda nice for this production team to get an in-show chance to say 'This is where we step down' but the idea of Ben being tempted to make a perfect universe at the cost of free will fell flat. Really, I haven't liked this entire season arc at all but then I preferred when the Forever Knights were just alien relic collecting conspirators, not some many splintered faction married to Monty Python and the Holy Grail routines.

Really, I'm not sad to see this go at all. The constant retcons and dull characters turned what was a funny, silly show into an awkward teen drama with boring fight scenes in between. I really hope the next series is a return to actually having fun.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2