Search the Site:
Follow Us:
Page 7 of 29 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast
    Pogorikifan24 is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!

Seriously! I feel like we have no new schedule for the others in May. And i am curious if we could ever see more of it?

DuckTwacy is offline French phone.
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I've missed the April 6 episode, and I'd only caught the last cartoon of last week's episode, but I must say I never realized how weird of cartoon Evil Con Carne was. You've got an evil genius whose brain and stomach have been transplanted into the body of a circus bear. The arch-enemy of said evil genius is a a fish. Interesting premise.
    *insert another Great Piggy Bank Robbery reference here*

trance2009 is offline Fun to play with not to eat
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Peltra was always one of my favorite Dial M for Monkey shorts.

"I'ma skiiiiiiiiin 'em."

BlueMail is offline Chinatown, Chain me Down
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    You know, re-watching that Dial M for Monkey episode…kinda makes me wish there was a spinoff series for him, Agent Honeydew and all those cool villains .

Also Johnny Bravo Scooby Doo episode! Yes, I love this one!
    Tune into Toonami each Saturday at 12/11c time. Stay gold Toonami faithful, stay gold.

Reviews coming soon:
    A Goofy Movie, The Illusionist, Kung-Fu Panda 2, Fritz the Cat
    And many more!

Dudley is offline <- Watch the cartoon!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Why would there be food in the broom closet?
    "Joe Barbera?" "Who's that?"
    Man, unlike some of the other cartoons, JB still holds up.

Conroy reviews Family Guy
    (Last episode)

HUBTigers87 is online now Michyl
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Gang: JOE BARBERA!
    Johnny: Who's he?

HEATXZ is offline Duck Knght
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Great episodes :anime:
    I think Johnny Bravo Meets Scooby Doo wins this week
    Greatest Funniest Character nominations ,Feel free to visit my Toonzone Blog

Mister Modular is offline Miss Carmody
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    yeah i think they saved the best for last. i'm going to have to start scoopin' up some old Johnny Bravo episodes now.
    Thinking of a number.

Pogorikifan24 is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I am curious to ask?

I hope we do get to see more of Cartoon Planet schedules (hopefully to see more in May, and June) I at least hope it doesnt end so soon. I personally enjoy its block.

Darklordavaitor is offline Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    My definite highlight was "Bravo Dooby Doo". I've spoken about the ep in better detail before, but it's just a classic.

Sketch is offline not like those other old guys
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    That episode of Flapjack had Mike Roth, Pen Ward and J.G. Quintel on staff. I wish CN would air that show more often. It really makes no sense for them not to air regularly.

Some things I found interesting when watching Dial M for Monkey. There are some more recent characters in cartoons that look very similar to a few in that short. The head of OSI on Venture Bros. looks a lot like the head of the S.H.I.E.L.D. parody organization Dial M for Monkey. They're both older men with mustaches and white hair and a similar face. Peltra's henchmen greatly reminded me of the Vreedle brothers on Ben 10 as well. Could those characters actually be inspired by those Dexter's Lab characters? Seems plausible enough.

On the Zorak and Brak stuff, I liked the bit with Zorak talking to people online and Brak thinking he was talking to him instead.

Do you like making Fantasy Schedules? Come check out Elsewhere

Read ramblings from myself and other animation and comic enthusiasts on The Scratch Pad

DuckTwacy is offline French phone.
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darklordavaitor View Post
    My definite highlight was "Bravo Dooby Doo". I've spoken about the ep in better detail before, but it's just a classic.
    "Bravo Dooby Doo" is great. "Jinkies! Jinkies, isn't that a breakfast cereal or something?" This episode always cracks me up.

The Brak and Zorak segments were good, too, and even I always thought that I Am Weasel was the better David Feiss show, I enjoyed this weeks "Cow and Chicken". I never watched "Flapjack" when it orginally ran, but I like this weeks episode also.
    *insert another Great Piggy Bank Robbery reference here*

TheCtes is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Bravo Doopy Doo is a brilliant episode. One of the best things to ever air on CN.

Daikun is offline Long Live the Fighter!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    So, Zorak plays his game with Creature King and Metallus?

Nice to see him reference a couple of Space Ghost's villains, including one who never showed up on Coast to Coast.

tinybrain is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Is it wierd I that I want them to air Whatever Happened To Robot Jones? On Cartoon Planet, I mean it was a very enjoyable show with an interesting art style and I'm sure it would've ran longer if CN had treated it better but, would it be a good idea to air it.
    I was watching the episode "Cube Wars" o YouTube and found that I actually liked it..

TheCtes is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Not at all. I think they should air an episode of Robot Jones sometime.

Silverstar is offline Sub-Genius
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tinybrain View Post
    Is it wierd I that I want them to air Whatever Happened To Robot Jones? On Cartoon Planet, I mean it was a very enjoyable show with an interesting art style and I'm sure it would've ran longer if CN had treated it better but, would it be a good idea to air it.
    CN would have treated Robot Jones better if the series had earned higher ratings, but it didn't, which is why it's demise was so abrupt. CN didn't have a personal grudge against the show; if that were the case, then the network would never had green lit the show in the first place.

As for Robot Jones airing on Cartoon Planet, anything's possible of course, but considering that CN hasn't so much as acknowledged RJ's existence in nearly 10 years, I wouldn't bet danger money on it. Cartoon Planet is a 'Best of CN' block and Toon doesn't seem to consider the likes of Robot Jones, Time Squad, Sheep in the Big City or Mike, Lu and Og to be among their 'best'. (Though in Toon's defense, Sheep's installments consisted of a single 22 minute episode split into 3 acts, so unless CP were to only air the show's skits and filler segments, a Sheep episode would take up half the show, which is likely another reason why Sheep is avoided on the block.) Heck, Mike, Lu and Og was the only one of those shows to even get a run on Boomerang to date.
    Last edited by Silverstar; 04-24-2012 at 10:58 AM.
    Got a minute? Check out The Twin Factor, the Star Twins' blog for crazy opinions on cartoons and geek culture. New name. New address. Same geekiness.

Super Sonic is offline Fastest Thing Alive
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by copper20 View Post
    I haven't noticed that. Only thing I noticed was that they were cropping the intros. Seriously, are they just TRYING to bribe us and then negoiate the wrong way?

They really need to stop cropping the intros. Doesn't matter if they're doing it so they can get more cash or just trying to piss us off, but that needs to stop. Spongebob never had his intro cropped, and neither has the Fairly Odd Parents. Cheapskates.
    So I'm guessing you'd be fine with them cropping the episodes themselves instead? What if this was part of trying to make sure as many cartoons could play on the block as possible? Get over it.

Checkerboard is offline THE HOME OF THE TOP TOON STARS
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I don't think Cartoon Planet should be solely limited to CN originals. It is called Cartoon Planet afterall. Not "Best of CN"...

In other words, I'm hoping we'll get to see all kinds of shows TW/Turner owns or has the rights to - even the obscure and old ones. Basically anything that has 6/7/11min segments.

2 Stupid Dogs, Birdman, Galaxy Trio, Dynomutt, Swat Kats (E18AB+21AB), Snorks, Mightor, Space Ghost and more...

Would be fun to have such a mix at some point.

Silverstar is offline Sub-Genius
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Checkerboard View Post
    I don't think Cartoon Planet should be solely limited to CN originals. It is called Cartoon Planet afterall. Not "Best of CN"...

In other words, I'm hoping we'll get to see all kinds of shows TW/Turner owns or has the rights to - even the obscure and old ones. Basically anything that has 6/7/11min segments.

2 Stupid Dogs, Birdman, Galaxy Trio, Dynomutt, Swat Kats (E18AB+21AB), Snorks, Mightor, Space Ghost and more...

Would be fun to have such a mix at some point.
    That's not a bad idea, but it sounds more appropriate for Boomerang than Cartoon Network, honestly. There's no reason for CN to go super-retro with Cartoon Planet when they already have an entire channel for pre-90's nostalgia.

I think this block is mainly meant to appeal to 90's era fans of CN, and they also have to simultaneously appeal to the kids of CN's current age demographic as well. That latter group has generally has little to no memory of or nostalgic fondness for those shows you mentioned. As previously stated, most of those cartoons are considered Boomerang territory by Turner now. The 'Best of CN' label may not be the block's title anymore, but it's still more or less implied, and none of those aforementioned cartoons are CN originals.

Also, Mightor, Birdman, Galaxy Trio et al are action cartoons not comedies, so they wouldn't really fit in with CP's format, unless one were to play on their 60's camp factor, but again, the kids who watch CN currently wouldn't remember those shows, so they wouldn't appreciate the jabs. Dynomutt, in addition to being too old for CN's target demo, is a full half-hour show, so running that would take up too much time on the block.
    Last edited by Silverstar; 04-25-2012 at 12:02 PM.
    Got a minute? Check out The Twin Factor, the Star Twins' blog for crazy opinions on cartoons and geek culture. New name. New address. Same geekiness.

Page 7 of 29 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast