Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314 LastLast
    Light Lucario is online now Moderator
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    Quote Originally Posted by KPTitan View Post
    Nothing has been said yet. If they have anything to say about it, I think that they're probably waiting until this fall. But yeah, after reading several posts in god knows how many places, I've come to the conclusion that the hype they were giving was all for nothing.
    They probably wanted to get people excited for the remaining episodes airing on Cartoon Network in the not too distant future. If they weren't available on iTunes, then that might have worked, or at least better than it did. It could also be that people were getting their hopes up with the vaguely worded statements only be disappointed with it wasn't as major as they thought it would be. That's how I see the situation at least.

Quote Originally Posted by KPTitan
    With that logic, a 2nd series might as well be just as possible as a 2nd crossover. They left new open ends in the series finale as well, such as Providence and Rex still fighting bad guys, and Breach escaping with VK and the original Pack members and preventing them from getting cured.
    I've already seen the remaining episodes, so I know that the finale left more than enough room for a possible sequel. However, I don't think that a second series is as possible as a second crossover special. It would probably be another hour long special, which would be cheaper and easier to make than a brand new series, they could still use it as a way to promote new aliens with Ben 10, as they do like to promote their hit merchandise machine, and the ratings might be good enough for Cartoon Network to consider making a second crossover special. I don't know how well the first crossover did in ratings, so I'm not completely sure that was the case. It certainly isn't a guaranteed deal, but out of the three outcomes fans would like, the other two being a second series and a movie, I do think that a second crossover special has the best chance to happen.

Besides that, I think that the chances for a second series sailed away a long time ago. Cartoon Network pretty much stopped caring about Generator Rex either late into the second season or the third season with no promotions for the new episodes, constantly changing the premiere slot with no announcements, getting rid of its only repeat slot and finally taking it off their lineup completely. The merchandise sales and the ratings were poor, so there was really no motivation for Cartoon Network to make a sequel series. Just because the finale was open ended enough for a new series doesn't mean that they would do something like that. At least with a second crossover special, they could reverse it with having it feel like a good Ben 10 episode with Rex as a gust star. That would allow for more focus on Ben and his friends to promote new toys. They would most likely want to have Ben as the center of the second special instead of Rex due to being the only one with a new series.

While Man of Action's announcement was worded pretty vaguely from what I've read, I still don't think it was a good idea to believe that they were referring to a possible sequel series when that clearly wasn't going to happen due to the way Cartoon Network treated the series. Like you've mentioned before, sixty episodes is a good run for any show and while I definitely have a few problems with the series, it was enjoyable for the most part and I think fans should be thankful that the finale actually gave a decent amount of closure. Not only cartoon series, regardless of their length, are able to have a satisfying ending.

KPTitan is offline The Doc is in...
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I never said I'd like a 2nd series, I would actually prefer a full-length movie instead... even instead of the crossover. The crossover was good and I really liked it, but I don't like it enough to want a 2nd one.
    "I respect that you don't eat meat. Please respect that I don't eat fake meat." - Raven, Teen Titans

"There's my tax dollars at work, coming to arrest me." - Riley Poole, National Treasure: Book of Secrets

WMania is offline Check Out My Avatar Thread!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Source: http://news.turner.com/article_displ...rticle_id=6047

Coming off of a successful New York Upfront presentation from a few weeks ago, television’s #1 network with boys 6-11, continued to celebrate its 20th Anniversary by announcing today at its Upfront in Los Angeles, that it would soon begin streaming its content live across multiple platforms, including on-line at Cartoon Network.com, and for mobile viewers on the iPod Touch, iPhone and iPad. Along with the previously announced slate of new and returning series (see below), the network also announced that YouTube sensation, comedian/actor/songwriter Toby Turner would be joining the highly anticipated series, Annoying Orange.

“It is our commitment to the TV Everywhere strategy to let our audiences enjoy our shows whenever and wherever they want,” said Stuart Snyder, president and COO, Turner Broadcasting’s Animation, Young, Adults & Kids Media (AYAKM). “Soon, viewers will be able to catch Cartoon Network anywhere and everywhere—whether they are in front of their television or maybe even at the airport waiting for a flight, we will be available for viewers to experience the live telecast seamlessly.”

Having its best first quarter with kids in prime in five years (up 30% vs. 2011) and showing the most gains compared to the competition in the kids space, Cartoon Network once more paid tribute to the past and present with a full orchestra playing classic Cartoon Network television theme songs, showcasing live voice-actor performances from the creative talent behind the hit animated comedy series Adventure Timeand Regular Show.

Along with an appearance by Annoying Orange’s newest cast member Toby Turner, entertainer and producer Nick Cannon talked to the audience about his upcoming live-action sketch comedy series and showed the audience the video, “Running Errands with Mom” which has already become a viral sensation.

Source: http://news.turner.com/article_displ...rticle_id=6046

Cartoon Network, television’s #1 network with boys 6-11, announced today that it will soon begin streaming its on-air content live across multiple platforms, including online at CartoonNetwork.com and for mobile viewers on the iPod, iPod Touch, iPhone and iPad. Presented as part of Cartoon Network’s advertising Upfront this morning in Los Angeles, the announcement further expands the network’s TV Everywhere strategy to provide content for viewers on all screens.

“It is our commitment to the TV Everywhere strategy to let our audiences enjoy our shows whenever and wherever they want,” said Stuart Snyder, president and COO, Turner Broadcasting’s Animation, Young Adults & Kids Media (AYAKM). “Soon, viewers will be able to catch Cartoon Network anywhere and everywhere—whether they are in front of their television or maybe even at the airport waiting for a flight, we will be available for viewers to experience the live telecast seamlessly.”

TV Everywhere is an industry-wide initiative that gives subscribers to cable, satellite and telco video services access to more of their favorite full-length shows, available day after air, across multiple platforms (TV VOD, web, tablets and mobile devices) with a high-quality experience at no additional cost.

ChildHood90s is offline Loves his coffee
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Excited for this~

This is good business for Cartoon Network.

BrianLeague is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    In the links that WMania provided, they listed Scooby Doo! Mystery Incorporated under the returning series list, so I'm guessing they forgot about it in the New York upfront. Still no sign of Thundercats anywhere though...

And that CN Shorts description didn't say anything about it being completely animated... Does this mean there's a possibility that live action shorts may be made for the network to pick up if it gets a good response?
    Help Sym-Bionic Titan Get Another Season!
    Find us on: Facebook - Twitter - YouTube - deviantART

Watch full episodes of SBT here for free! (You don't need to sign into Adult Swim Gold!)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Btw, a bit late, but think of what if they kept all the action shows they cancelled over the past two upfronts (quite a bit) and think of adding them to Saturday mornings. That could legitimately go against Nick or Disney and get CN a bit more viewers. A bit late for that though.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    thundercats can still jump back in the ratings. it sure will be a tough climb though. or maybe I'm just naive and thunder cats really is toast?

that would be a cool idea Wmania. I sure wish that could happen. Symbionic Titan and the Secret Saturdays would be cool to see again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChildHood90s View Post
    thundercats can still jump back in the ratings. it sure will be a tough climb though. or maybe I'm just naive and thunder cats really is toast?
    Well, I think they could jump back in the ratings, but I think it's a tad bit late for that. Maybe they'll cancel and later renew it, like other shows in the past?

tinybrain is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Regarding the IPod-Streaming statement, I just want to point out that it's Bull that Cartoon Network doesn't have Time Warner under "supported carriers" list in their Cartoon Network App because if I'm not mistaken, Time Warner owns Cartoon Network.

I also like it better when you could watch shows on their website for free.. But I think that's not the case anymore..

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WMania View Post
    Well, I think they could jump back in the ratings, but I think it's a tad bit late for that. Maybe they'll cancel and later renew it, like other shows in the past?
    I haven't know this latest CN regime to do that, though. Schnider and Scorcher... they've only canceled shows and ditched them (If I'm not mistaken?) =\

And it is kinda sad that all CN's videos aren't free anymore. You need to already have bought cable.
    Still, thanks to TV Everywhere, ALL of CN's shows get posted to the video service. Back when CN's videos were free to watch, CN Video never posted the New Episodes of Pokemon (etc.) or episodes to classic shows. CN Video lacked content back when it was free.