Search the Site:
Follow Us:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Chosen Raven is offline Bad-Ace Spirit Detective
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!

Dang, the battles here were pretty great. Especially liked the fight between Ben and Az's Dad as well as the Way Big fight at the end. The CGI didn't really bother me at all. If it's used to make epic fights like this, I wouldn't mind a whole series using it.
    There were a few things I didn't like though. Was kinda hoping they would ignore what alien force did the continuity, but I guess they dug themselves a hole and kinda had to patch it up as best they could. Don't wanna confuse people. Gwen was OP. Way OP. Seemed kinda like Ben wasn't even neccessary really. She was using power that was pretty beyond her older self. A wormhole, a spell that can take apart a giant tank, a shield that could block almost anything( but fire? really?), and she pretty much stopped Way Big Azmuth with mind power....stuff. Ben couldn't beat Az's Dad after a massive multi alien fight, but Gwen just puts a shield around him and he's helpless? Nuh uh, something's wrong here.
    Some of the plot holes were pretty bad. Ben punches Az's Dad five miles away, hits him with boulders, and he just keeps coming back. Gwen and Tetrax fall on him and he's out for a few minutes? Then of course...the massive city destruction which I'm sure left thousands dead and without homes. But in the end, just the RV gets fixed and everything's okay? I know this is aimed at kids, but kids aren't dumb enough to overlook something like that....right?
    Still, was pretty entertaining. And man, missed the old cast.

Jazz1000 is offline The One and Only...
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    loved the movie! i liked cgi better then what orther movies have, the action was really well done as well

firefoxprime is online now 90s = Golden Years
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chosen Raven View Post
    Dang, the battles here were pretty great. Especially liked the fight between Ben and Az's Dad as well as the Way Big fight at the end. The CGI didn't really bother me at all. If it's used to make epic fights like this, I wouldn't mind a whole series using it.
    There were a few things I didn't like though. Was kinda hoping they would ignore what alien force did the continuity, but I guess they dug themselves a hole and kinda had to patch it up as best they could. Don't wanna confuse people. Gwen was OP. Way OP. Seemed kinda like Ben wasn't even neccessary really. She was using power that was pretty beyond her older self. A wormhole, a spell that can take apart a giant tank, a shield that could block almost anything( but fire? really?), and she pretty much stopped Way Big Azmuth with mind power....stuff. Ben couldn't beat Az's Dad after a massive multi alien fight, but Gwen just puts a shield around him and he's helpless? Nuh uh, something's wrong here.
    Some of the plot holes were pretty bad. Ben punches Az's Dad five miles away, hits him with boulders, and he just keeps coming back. Gwen and Tetrax fall on him and he's out for a few minutes? Then of course...the massive city destruction which I'm sure left thousands dead and without homes. But in the end, just the RV gets fixed and everything's okay? I know this is aimed at kids, but kids aren't dumb enough to overlook something like that....right?
    Still, was pretty entertaining. And man, missed the old cast.
    I always chuckle to myself, when I read comments like this. Not out of mockery, but a -sign- of amusement. Hehe...basically people always expect tv show/movie etc to be an exact 1:1 mirror of reality. As in, all the actions/behaviours of characters in a show, should always mimic the actions of ppl in the real world. Its scripted. Its not real. "What? Why didn't he do (this)...?" or " Why didn't she react to what just happened?" Realism is great, but you're never going to find 100% in a scripted show, cartoon or live action. Always see ppl scratching their heads over this, its really funny.

Heh...anyways, the movie was spot on. Great cgi, and the story wasn't cookie cutter. Job well done.
    Anime currently watching:

Hanasaku Iroha , Gad Guard, Birdy the Mighty, Eden of the East, Chromo Shelled Regios

Dusty is offline Superman.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Argh!!! I totally missed out on this movie and marathon because of health junk. Does anyone know if this will re-air anytime soon, or if CN will have it available on iTunes or their website?
    Thanks,

D.
    "Good and Great things in life are rarely ever easy... but they are worth it."

HellCat is offline Travelling hero
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Just caught this and really did enjoy it. Seriously, if CN can make something like this that near exactly matches the original show, what happened with the sequels? Who pushed for those over something like this?

There were a few problems though. I'm fine with Ben and Gwen being snarky but it seemed out of place to see Max and Tetrax doing the same. There's also the fact the entire city got trashed and nothing more is said of it. Great fight scene but that was definitely a plot hole.

Speaking of the sequels, I like the fact that whilst they made tiny efforts to allow them to work they certainly had preference to the original continuity.Also liked how this special felt kind of like a sequel to what 'Secret of the Omnitrix' covered. We even got an in-joke about Ben forgetting morals (and possibly Marty acknowledging critics of his own work?).

Dusty is offline Superman.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Arggh! Is CN going to release this to DVD or post it on their website or anything? I am quite frustrated that I missed Ben 10 day, and this movie. I really wish they would have at least made it available on iTunes.

D.
    "Good and Great things in life are rarely ever easy... but they are worth it."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2