Search the Site:
Follow Us:
Page 7 of 49 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast
    Sketch is offline not like those other old guys
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!

Looks like a marathon jump start to a full return to the schedule.

Do you like making Fantasy Schedules? Come check out Elsewhere

Read ramblings from myself and other animation and comic enthusiasts on The Scratch Pad

TheCtes is online now Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    They should give it one of Johnny Test's afternoon weekday slots. Johnny Test has plenty of airings. MAybe one of TLTS's afternoon slots, because that has quite a bit as well, and they'd be good after each other. I would say one of What's New, Scooby-Doo?s, but that wouldn't be a very good slot.

Royce is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This could be for the Scooby Mother's Day marathon they have every year.

veemonjosh is online now The Fruit Shogun
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Royce View Post
    This could be for the Scooby Mother's Day marathon they have every year.
    That's right, I forgot that they do that (probably because Mystery Incorporated is the only Scooby-Doo series my mother can tolerate).

Might not mean anything in terms of a season 2 airdate then...
    What do you get when you put three friends in a recording booth once a week, screen old anime, and tell them to make sense of it? You get the Anime of Yesteryear Podcast! Tune in each week as we kick back and discuss anime of old, both the well-known and the obscure. (Updates Bi-Weekly! Newest: 4/11 - Megazone 23 Part 3/Final)

ChildHood90s is offline Loves his coffee
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It has to be promoting season 2. CN can air any Scooby series that they wish on Mothers Day.

In recent months, Mystery Inc got shafted for a morning repeat slot by What's New. :|

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Schedule Change in the weekdays!

Total Drama Island replaces Johnny Test weekdays at 04:30PM - 05:30PM starting May 21th.

Guess they're getting ready for Total Drama: Revenge of the Island. With 2 episodes every weekday 24 episodes would have aired by the evening June 5th. Is it confirmed to premiere at that time btw? So I guess they might show the last four episodes of TDI that day to hype the new season as much as possible and so that the whole first season has aired recently by the time the fourth premieres.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I'll take it.

I can finally watch every episode I missed over the years.

Read ramblings from myself and other animation and comic enthusiasts on The Scratch Pad

Royce is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This doesn't have to be temporary. They could go into the second and third seasons. Its not like Johnny Test needs those slots.

WMania is offline Check Out My Avatar Thread!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yay for Total Drama!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Royce View Post
    This doesn't have to be temporary. They could go into the second and third seasons. Its not like Johnny Test needs those slots.
    I didn't mean to say that. But it's obvious that they're starting it at this time spefically to remind people of Total Drama. Though I suppose they might give Johnny Test one of the slots back after a while, do I know CN <_<

Bryan is offline Administrator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well, Cartoon Network isn’t immune from last minute schedule changes.

As of today, Ben 10: Alien Force is out. More Johnny Test at 6:30am. Guess CN didn’t like Nick putting SpongeBob on at that time.

Also, the weekday 6pm hour of MAD and Gumball has been replaced with more Regular Show and Adventure Time.

Wednesday gets a little more ninja power with NinjaGo now from 7-8:30pm. However, the Friday 7:30pm NinjaGo is now replaced with more Adventure Time.

Kool345 is offline Starting at 8/7c on ABC
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Wow Cartoon Network is trying to counteract Nickelodeon's schedule changes. Smart move as Cartoon Network can easily beat Nick with how ratings are today. Smart move CN.
    MONDAY: Dancing with the Stars | Castle
    TUESDAY: Agents of SHIELD | The Goldbergs | Trophy Wife | Mind Games
    WEDNESDAY: The Middle | Suburgatory | Modern Family | Mixology | Nashville
    THURSDAY: Once Upon a Time in Wonderland | Grey's Anatomy | Scandal
    FRIDAY: Last Man Standing | The Neighbors | Shark Tank | 20/20
    SUNDAY: Once Upon a Time | Resurrection | Revenge

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Their schedule shows that it will be going back to normal as of next week, but I guess it might not be updated yet.

I like it when CN counters the other schedules, and this is actually a good move, because we've seen how great Johnny Test can do against SpongeBob. I think they should give the 7AM slot to Ben 10/Young Justice/StarWars/ThunderCats/Redakai or just SOME action show, because they kinda deserve that, and imo it would all be better than Bakugan, Johnny Test and Redakai in that slot depending day. I'm sue Ninjago would at least do good in the slot, but it probably doesn't have enough episodes yet.

I'm not of fan of their changes to the evenings though, well except for Level Up losing one of it's many rerun slots while not even premiering atm. Gumball and MAD really didn't work out in those slots? They're high rated comedies anyways, even if AT and RS do better, and they do deserve to have one weekday slot. MAD returns with new episodes soon, and Gumball probably too.

Ninjago getting those slots Wedensday means that Johnny Test no longer has its premiere slot at 07:30. I guess they're really rotating around here starting June. Johnny Test did have 8 quarter-hour episodes left of season 5. They'll probably use them to air along with TLTS, Scooby-Doo, Gumball or Total Drama: RI. Level Up might even have more episodes in June. I'm interested in seeing how they'll place all these shows, because I don't think they'll take Ninjago's 8PM slot away from it, with how well that has been doing.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Ben is no match for the sponge but come on CN... More Johnny Test? How about expanding the Looney Tunes to an hour instead or maybe airing The Flinstones, The Jetsons, Tom & Jerry or some other classic? Scary thought, CN might be thinking of giving AS 6 AM and that would be truely groan worthy.

Ben 10 should get 7 am and Young Justice and The Clone Wars should also get morning slots if nothing else. Maybe bring in Brave and the Bold as well.

Gumball does not have many half hours and MAD just finally got 26 but Regular Show does not need an hour much less an hour and 15 mins or an hour and a half on Wednesday. Gotta admit though, I'd be inclined to have that on in the back ground while I do other things. 5 segments of Adventure Time is fine but it did not need that either. IMO MAD should keep one of those half hours now that it has 26 half hours to air. Or here's a crazy idea around 5pm air an hour or hour and a half of action cartoons.

3 x NinjaGo? That's overkill on Wednesday. An hour probably would suffice but I imagine that's temporary.
    Last edited by Sketch; 05-08-2012 at 09:52 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I don't think Brave and the Bold should get a slot, because there are currently running other shows that could use the slot to hype premieres. Maybe when Beware the Batman is getting close.

Gumball may only have 18 half hours, but shouldn't that be enough for a weekday slot, at least in the morning or something. Johnny Test has a few it could share.

Ninjago has to be temporary, when lots of shows returns in June.

Also, we should all keep in mind that CNs own site says that the schedule is returning to normal next week.

ChildHood90s is offline Loves his coffee
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Though CN may later decide to not change the schedule back.

I agree that action should have some mornings slots. It can be fun for kids watching Star Wars or T Cats, eating a bowl of cereal before they go to school.
    That's how I enjoyed the original thundercats.

I remember there being a hullabaloo over afternoon Toonami back in '05/'06. CN was skewering younger, and suggestive Action Shows had "no place" in time slots where most kids were watching... One Pieces' "Root Beer"

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCtes
    I don't think Brave and the Bold should get a slot, because there are currently running other shows that could use the slot to hype premieres. Maybe when Beware the Batman is getting close.

Gumball may only have 18 half hours, but shouldn't that be enough for a weekday slot, at least in the morning or something. Johnny Test has a few it could share.

Ninjago has to be temporary, when lots of shows returns in June.

Also, we should all keep in mind that CNs own site says that the schedule is returning to normal next week.
    There should always be room for Batman of some kind. GLTAS is going into reruns soon and YJI is sure to follow in June and same goes for ThunderCats. So what new episodes are there to hype for action other than Pokémon and Beyblade which already have slots this summer?

18 is not really enough for 5 episodes a week plus weekend airings. 25-26 is usually a good number because it lasts about a month. Gumball can have on of the JT or TLTS slots for all I care but I think it's good to ease back on it a bit. Maybe a 3 day strip that would last 6 weeks or a 4 day strip that would last 4.5 weeks. But a 5 day strip would only last just over 3.5 weeks. Ideally a run should last close to a month. So if it aired somewhere where 1 or 2 days would be pre-empted for movies or another show, that would keep it relatively fresh.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Then I think it should get either JTs 9AM slot or TLTSs 10AM slot. They're both four days a week.

I gotta say Redakai should get the slot then, since that should've new episodes by the summer and it has 26 episodes to show.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Well Redakai already airs a 7 am on Friday so just make that all week. I don't think more is coming until Fall though. Actually I have no idea when season 2 is supposed to start. How about making that an even 2 hours with Ben 10 at 8:30?

Gumball should take TLTS' 10 am slot. They could have TLTS at 6:30 am following Looney Tunes like on weekends and maybe cut one airing later in the day to give it one in the morning and one in the afternoon.

Young Justice should get reruns this Summer and so should ThunderCats and Star Wars adding Batman to that would be nice as well. But deciding where to put them is the tricky part. Sure wish they would air 4-6 or 5-7 but that's not gonna happen.

3.5 to 4 hours of action in the morning is probably too much. So I guess it'll have to be Kool's old early afternoon stand by.

I say dump What's New Scooby-Doo and move Tom & Jerry to 11 am. At 1PM air The Looney Tunes Show and SDMI and then ThunderCats, Young Justice and Star Wars: TCW.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Looks like a fantastic schedule to me, though I'm not sure how well action would work out between SD: MI and EEnE. I'd also say that MAD should have a slot. I'd prefer giving it that half hour RS and AT share.

Page 7 of 49 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)