Search the Site:
Follow Us:
Page 42 of 48 FirstFirst ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!

I think both CN and Boomerang should not only consider showing Porky Pig cartoons like Porky in Wackyland and other post-1948 shorts but also showing remastered and restored (as in with a proper pitch) ones as well like Duck Amuck. Why neither channel has thought of that, I'll never know.

WMania is offline Check Out My Avatar Thread!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wi-fi Calcium View Post
    They might be just airing consistant shows now for the ratings. This is probably the first time Johnny Bravo aired independently outside of Cartoon Planet and Christmas specials and the like in quite some time.
    I think the last time this happened was back around 2009 when they had a "Johnny Johnny" block. "He's got my name... he's got my name". It was a one hour block with Johnny Test and Johnny Bravo for a few months.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The 4 shows that aired were actually part of Cartoon Planet but came out not in the name under Cartoon Planet.

Looney Tunes Fan is offline Classic Cartoon Fan!!!!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by epicrandomguy View Post
    The 4 shows that aired were actually part of Cartoon Planet but came out not in the name under Cartoon Planet.
    Yeah Cartoon Planet isn't dead yet. Why they're all split up on schedules now, idk, but they still aired as part of CP.
    I love classic cartoons!!
    If you're a fan of classic cartoons, please visit The IAD Forums! It's the place to talk and chat about your favorite cartoons! Run by eutychus, this site has brought back a bunch of GAC members, and some toonzone members are over there too! Check it out today!: http://www.intanibase.com/forum/index.php

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It could be to collect ratings for the shows individually, but that's just a theory.

ChildHood90s is offline Loves his coffee
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Sounds like it's more convenient to DVR specific Cartoon Planet shows, too. Plus, it's easier for people browsing Cartoon Network's schedule to see a show that they'll like (instead of just an hour of Cartoon Planet).

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Starting Monday, January 27th, Johnny Test airs weekdays at 7. How low has CN sunk?

CN needs to improve. The fact that CN will resume Ben 10: Omniverse starting February 15th is the only thing that satisfies me.

PapaGreg is offline Getting off from violence
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alonso Torrejon View Post
    Starting Monday, January 27th, Johnny Test airs weekdays at 7. How low has CN sunk?

CN needs to improve. The fact that CN will resume Ben 10: Omniverse starting February 15th is the only thing that satisfies me.
    That doesn't really sound that bad its not like they have a marathon of johnny test every day at 7 its like one episode CN barely degrade from that

adyniz is offline Surgeon of Death
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Just checked CN's schedule... 4th XY episode is called: "A Shockingly Cheeky Friendship!" and it is scheduled for Feb. 8.
    Hmm... Punny.

Megumi is offline ★ No One's Dream Anymore ☆
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    If they started bringing back the puns, then it's another step forward for the dub. Along with the catchy dub-only music and the remixed Pokemon theme.

Magmaster12 is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lambdadelta View Post
    Along with the catchy dub-only music
    Wow I'm really surprised there's someone that actually prefers the dub only music.

HUBTigers87 is online now Michyl
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magmaster12 View Post
    Wow I'm really surprised there's someone that actually prefers the dub only music.
    (I know this isn't the thread to discuss this but...) Count me as one of those. I actually like the remix of the original theme. Just to name one example, is I prefer the dub to The Johto Journeys over the Japanese audio. With that said, I hope they do keep up with pun/clever-titles as well. 4Kids never bothered me with that, and I did like a lot of them, so it'd be great to see its return
    Staying GOLD, Saturdays 11:30pm to 6:00am, only Toonami, on [as] | MLB Spring Training

Survivors. | 1000th post: 3/13/14 @ 1:16am

Megumi is offline ★ No One's Dream Anymore ☆
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magmaster12 View Post
    Slow your roll, guy who moves quickly. I'd prefer they keep the original bgm, but we know that isn't going to happen so the dub bgm better be listenable.

dth1971 is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Cartoon Network replaced a Scooby Doo movie for Sunday morning with a showing of Diary of a Wimpy Kid for January 26, 2014!

Pogorikifan24 is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well, we know that last year.. they did a Pokémon marathon.. but now it gets REALLY unexpected. As according to Nick & More! on Twitter. On Sunday, The Smurfs (classic Smurf episodes) will be airing as a marathon (from 11am-6pm ET/PT), plus the 2011 film. First PPG (for the new special), now Smurfs (for Super Bowl event). It'll air on Feburary 2nd (Super Bowl).

Gatordragon is online now Moegura - final level
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    A Smurf Bowl? Can't say I'm not surprised. It sounds interesting, though.

Moegura of the Jungo clan from Urban Rivals

Moegura is from the family of golden moles, the most discreet but also the most visually-impaired species in the world. Fortunately, an unexpected meeting with Master Ryu Kenden changed his life. With the Way of the Mists being the ideal surroundings in which to exploit his other senses, his discretion has now been transformed into a deadly weapon.

DonkeyKongSong is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatordragon View Post
    A Smurf Bowl? Can't say I'm not surprised. It sounds interesting, though.
    I kind of am. Cartoon Network never really airs classic Smurfs outside of the holiday episodes.

Gatordragon is online now Moegura - final level
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I think you didn't catch my use of double negatives. Me saying "I can't say I'm not surprised" is another way of saying that I was surprised. I guess I was too subtle.

Moegura of the Jungo clan from Urban Rivals

Moegura is from the family of golden moles, the most discreet but also the most visually-impaired species in the world. Fortunately, an unexpected meeting with Master Ryu Kenden changed his life. With the Way of the Mists being the ideal surroundings in which to exploit his other senses, his discretion has now been transformed into a deadly weapon.

RandomMe is online now Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    The Smurf Bowl will be consisted of:
    11-1: The Smurfs: The Movie
    1-4: Three hours of episodes from the 80's show
    4-6: same as 11-1

DVDLooney is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I hope they're willing to that, it's pretty dull for me as a long-time viewer nowadays. Their modern day shows like "Regular Show" and "Adventure Time," are great but when are we gonna see more Classic Looney Tunes that aren't the same ones they're re-running a million times.

Page 42 of 48 FirstFirst ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)