Quantcast
Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021 LastLast
    Anna is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    Quote Originally Posted by KPTitan View Post
    ^I've never been much of an app user, but I think this is still kind of interesting. What I mean is that it seems they're still promoting the show and comin' out with new stuff (I know the game itself isn't new, but making it into an app is) despite the low ratings and toy sales that it got. This is something that I really wasn't expecting, to be honest.

EDIT: And yet another vague and interesting post from MoA on their Facebook:

Spoiler:

I'm a little unsure on what this means, though. Were they refering to Cartoon Network finishing up the last episodes that didn't air, or are they refering to another GenRex project that they may be working on?

Concerning the subject about the airings and schedule changes, I'm not even sure if MoA themselves would know if and when CN will air the last episodes, wouldn't they?

It DOES make a person wonder...I really hope they aren't dropping these hints for no reason.

We know that there's not gonna be a fourth season of the original series of Generator Rex (60 episodes, confirmed), we know that its not a crossover sequel (confirmed at Image Comic Con), and we know its probably not a movie, as the show never had the ratings to warrant a movie, even at its best.

We know that Action Pack is discontinued, but it COULD be another comic spin-off, a series spin-off (highly unlikey, but this is MoA), or god knows what else.

Seriously though, this better not be nothing.

King_of_doom is online now kiva fan
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Anna View Post

We know that Action Pack is discontinued, but it COULD be another comic spin-off, a series spin-off (highly unlikey, but this is MoA), or god knows what else.

Nah, even if they did Action Pack was not that good aside of a few bad drawings they usually recycle scenes from the cartoon, if it's Kaboom however(the one doing the comics of Adventure Time) that would be a different story. I blame DC comics on not supporting Warner and CN when they do try to come up with quality comics.

Anyway ever thought they can come up with a 2nd series like Alien Force) This is one of the reasons why they release alot of series because they know the limit CN has with their cartoons.
    You'll never get credit for my discovery,Who's going to believe a talking head? Get a job in a sideshow*Herbert West*

Deadpool: They replace Megas XLR for this!? Man where’s the world coming to

KPTitan is offline The Doc is in...
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Anna View Post
    It DOES make a person wonder...I really hope they aren't dropping these hints for no reason.

We know that there's not gonna be a fourth season of the original series of Generator Rex (60 episodes, confirmed), we know that its not a crossover sequel (confirmed at Image Comic Con), and we know its probably not a movie, as the show never had the ratings to warrant a movie, even at its best.

Seriously though, this better not be nothing.
    I think that a spin-off series like Alien Force and Ultimate Alien would be the more likely candidate as opposed to a comic. Since Action Pack was discontinued(and even that included Ben 10-related stuff in it), that kind of shoots down the possibility of them making a GenRex continuation into a comic. Also, I think this may be the "big" announcement that they posted about on Twitter, so I don't see why they would consider a comic book continuation as something "big".

And I don't understand what you mean by "but this is MoA". If you remember, MoA had almost nothing to do with Alien Force and Ultimate Alien, that was picked up by somebody else... and that somebody else was Dwayne McDuffie, who's now dead. So if MoA doesn't continue working on GenRex (but that's if what we're speculating about actually comes true), then I wonder who it would be since McDuffie is no longer living.
    "I respect that you don't eat meat. Please respect that I don't eat fake meat." - Raven, Teen Titans

"There's my tax dollars at work, coming to arrest me." - Riley Poole, National Treasure: Book of Secrets

Light Lucario is online now Moderator
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Despite the announcements that Man of Action have been hyping up, I really can't see Cartoon Network being interested in doing something major with Generator Rex. They've clearly lost interest in the series a long time ago. Even though the finale left enough room open for a sequel, I seriously doubt that they would want to do that after pulling the series off their lineup right before the last seven episodes aired. I could see them doing a sequel to the crossover event due to Alpha still being out there and the ratings might be good enough from the first special for them to do that, but that wouldn't happen until somewhere down the line. A movie would be more likely to happen than a sequel series, but that's if they're extremely lucky.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm beginning to think that not even a movie is going to happen at this point. I seriously wish that MoA was a little more clear on what they were refering to in their past hype... because in all honesty, they could have been talking about CN returning the last 7 episodes to their schedule later this year, and nothing more.

You would think I would be used to this sort of corporate coy-ness when the news of Pokemon Black and White versions were coming out, but I guess not.
    "I respect that you don't eat meat. Please respect that I don't eat fake meat." - Raven, Teen Titans

"There's my tax dollars at work, coming to arrest me." - Riley Poole, National Treasure: Book of Secrets

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KPTitan View Post
    I'm beginning to think that not even a movie is going to happen at this point. I seriously wish that MoA was a little more clear on what they were refering to in their past hype... because in all honesty, they could have been talking about CN returning the last 7 episodes to their schedule later this year, and nothing more. :
    As you mention KP, it's most probably are talking about the 7 episodes but i doubt CN even show them, they are not Nickelodeon.

I already made a complaint on their facebook page aside of reviewing Ultimate Spider-Man where they haven't learn their mistakes on GR they are now applying it on US and by their comment they say people DO like that type of comedy.....where in a different planet? I might sound rude but they are sounding more of a bunch of sell outs because of the success of Ben 10 and they can do any show they want even if it's boring, or that it has a story arc but they focus more on making it a comedy , this is my opinion my friends.

Makes me wonder the jerks that appeared on Generator Rex that are based on Man of Action if they truly act like them........
    You'll never get credit for my discovery,Who's going to believe a talking head? Get a job in a sideshow*Herbert West*

Sketch is offline not like those other old guys
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I talked to Joe Casey at Emerald City Comic Con and basically all I got out of him regarding Rex was more episodes had not aired. And he seemed like a really smug son of a gun and I did not get the impression he cared.

For the latest Toonami news and programming discussion, listen to the weekly Toonami Faithful Podcast

Check out an exclusive interview with Boondocks and Black Dynamite director LeSean Thomas

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew T. Hingson View Post
    I talked to Joe Casey at Emerald City Comic Con and basically all I got out of him regarding Rex was more episodes had not aired. And he seemed like a really smug son of a gun and I did not get the impression he cared.
    Told ya, let these guys in the media and they are starting to become sell outs, they already making a new cartoon or show and one of their comics it's getting a feature film The Great Unknown, so do they care that shows like GR get canceled? No, just a slap in the face for the fans.

And i thought Trey Parker and Matt Stone act a bit pompus but at LEAST they do care about the show they are doing and the merchandise they release, not them but they do keep an eye out so they are involve so they don't make them bad like the video games (first ones) they made of SP.

Also makes me appreciate other creators like George Krstic and Jody Schaeffer that do listen to the fans as well, i mean these guys know there are alot of people who like Megas XLR and Downtown and they do panels when they go over at Cons, i doubt MOA will do something like that.
    Last edited by King_of_doom; 04-03-2012 at 11:04 PM.

Light Lucario is online now Moderator
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    I wouldn't be too surprised if they didn't care that Generator Rex wasn't renewed or given a sequel series. As far as I know, they haven't had much involvement with the series outside of a few episodes here and there and that crossover special. I don't know if they were involved in the creative process for the third season though. Considering that they've already moved onto Ultimate Spider-Man, they probably don't care that much about a show they haven't had much work in for awhile. I don't know if that would make them sell-outs, but it does give the impression that they don't care that much about their work as some of their fans do.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    They probably do care more about Ben 10 (yeah, they don't do any of the writing but they still promote it) than GR, simply because Ben 10 is raking in some serious cash.

But, to say that one member of the group was "smug" and didn't seem to care about their own show doesn't represent what the entire group thinks. If anything, judging by some posts from Twitter by the other 3 and an email I've actually recieved from them, they do seem to care about Rex to the point of taking a 2nd series into consideration. And according to Duncan, "if a new season were to come out, it would be more like an Alien Force type of series, but there's no current discussion about it... YET". And in the email I recieved, they said that they'd like to continue with Generator Rex, but it's up to the fans themselves and Cartoon Network if anything else is to happen. So, they do care at least to the point of making new episodes if CN were to ever give them the greenlight to do so. Hell, even one of them has a live-action depiction of Rex as their avatar for Twitter (I think it's Duncan).

And yeah, I did see your Facebook posts on their King... and to be honest, you were actually pretty rude, and it doesn't really make you a better person than they are. I was seriously really surprised that they called you out on it, especially with how many times you've posted similar comments on their page regarding the same topic. You can keep making comparisons to Megas XL-R all you like, but speaking from personal experiences of my own online and in real life, being witchy and rude with ANYTHING isn't going to get you anywhere. With that said, I highly doubt they're going to take your so-called "advice" seriously the next time they work on a show. If you seriously want them to take your advice on improvement, then you should probably be a little more considerate next time.