Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast
    ToonsLover is offline Lover of Toons
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    I truly do miss season 1. I used to look forward to watching Generator Rex every week, but ever since season 2 has premiered I've just lost interest. It seems like this show just keeps introducing more and more plot twists that never get resolved. I liked the show more when Van Kleiss was the villain and the show was a lot simpler.

I still watch all of the non filler episodes of season 3, but Black Knight doesn't interest me nearly as much as Van Kleiss did.

Light Lucario is offline Moderator
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Anna View Post
    My problem with the current state of the show is just the confusion and wasted potential...

Its like..in Season 1, we were in this apocolyptic world, where random people were turning into horrific Evos; Rex and gang arrive, cure the Evo. Rex has flashbacks about his amnesiac past and kicks Van Kleiss's butt here and there.

Now things have gotten all funky. Don't get me wrong, I like the idea of the New Providence and Black Knight, as long as its executed properly.

But now we lose White, Six, and Holiday for extended periods of time. Absences go unexplained- I mean, was I the only one thinking "Wouldn't Six have Rex's back during Assault on Abysus"?

Now, we have a bunch of semi-human like Evo's that can talk, and seem to want to live as Evo's. What the heck? Wasn't the show about Rex curing Evos?First there's Caesar, then there's the Consortium, then there's all this Circe nonsense...And the first flashback Rex has had since like..."Frostbite" was in "Assault on Abysus". Talk about dropping the ball.

Its like they handed out writing assignments to different people on a draw, and nobody collaborated. MOA are about the only ones who can write a decent episode. And they do so few and far in between.

Let me make one thing clear I don't know what's going on. And I don't like it. Maybe things will resolve themselves at the end, but until then, I'm skeptical
    I can definitely understand where you're coming from about the wasted potential. While this season so far has been better than the second season, even though there were quite a few episodes after the season premiere that I either hated or found boring, it still feel like it isn't as properly executed as it could be. It feels like most of the ideas that they started out with have been either ignored for too long or forgotten, such as Rex's past and the whole curing EVOs. I also wondered why Six wasn't there with Rex and Circe to help them out in that mission.

Even in the most recent episode, I wondered if they would have enough time resolve all of the storylines they've setup. They might depending on how the rest of the episodes turn out, but I'm still a bit skeptical about that, even though the information about the next batch of episode does sound pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by ToonsLover
    I truly do miss season 1. I used to look forward to watching Generator Rex every week, but ever since season 2 has premiered I've just lost interest. It seems like this show just keeps introducing more and more plot twists that never get resolved. I liked the show more when Van Kleiss was the villain and the show was a lot simpler.

I still watch all of the non filler episodes of season 3, but Black Knight doesn't interest me nearly as much as Van Kleiss did.
    I can understand where you're coming from as well. With the first season, I was excited to watch each episode and looked forward to them every week. I think it was just more exciting due to its faster pacing, even though that also caused some problems, better action than most of the other seasons and it felt like there were more accomplishments. I don't hate season two as much as other people, but it did feel like a letdown in comparison. This season has definitely been better, but it still doesn't capture the feeling from the first season, especially when I often forget that a new episode is airing until Thursday or Friday.

KPTitan is offline The Doc is in...
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This is my guess on what might happen for the finale. It may sound a little cliche, but in all honesty I haven't really cared about whether something was "cliche" or not. It just comes off as a littly snobby to me I guess:

Spoiler:
    With BK and VK working together, Providence manages to create the Dominion Code. VK betrays BK and obtains it, and the only way to stop him is to have Rex turn into that mecha again (I personally would like to see the mecha be composed of his Omega nanite builds instead of his original ones) and fight him. VK, BK, and Providence are defeated, but when Rex transforms back into his old self, his memory gets completely wiped again.

I really hope they make the finale in either a 3 or 2-parter.... a 3-parter might be asking for too much, I dunno. But if what I just said really does happen to Rex, it would probably be a bitter-sweet ending and actually make me cry a little...
    "I respect that you don't eat meat. Please respect that I don't eat fake meat." - Raven, Teen Titans

"There's my tax dollars at work, coming to arrest me." - Riley Poole, National Treasure: Book of Secrets

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I wouldn't mind a three-part finale, but I honestly think that we'll be lucky if they have a two-part finale. Not only because of how Cartoon Network has treated for awhile, but I think it's pretty rare nowadays for an animated series to have more than two-parters. It's usually the series that are popular/successful that can get a three-part event, neither of which I would use to describe Generator Rex.

I like the idea of a bittersweet finale. It would have more of an emotional impact on the characters and audience, but I don't know if they would go that route, especially when Rex's memory issue, or at least the fear that his memory could be wiped out again, hasn't gotten much attention in the last couple of seasons.

Anna is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Light Lucario View Post
    I wouldn't mind a three-part finale, but I honestly think that we'll be lucky if they have a two-part finale. Not only because of how Cartoon Network has treated for awhile, but I think it's pretty rare nowadays for an animated series to have more than two-parters. It's usually the series that are popular/successful that can get snthree-part event, neither of which I would use to describe Generator Rex.

I like the idea of a bittersweet finale. It would have more of an emotional impact on the characters and audience, but I don't know if they would go that route, especially when Rex's memory issue, or at least the fear that his memory could be wiped out again, hasn't gotten much attention in the last couple of seasons.

The amnesia plot curve hasn't gotten attention because it hasn't been used much the last couple of seasons. I don't think that they've even reminded the audience that Rex has amnesia lateley. Its like they open can of worms just to let them...die.

For that reason I do hope that the series ends with Rex forgetting all his memories. Because then I will like Rex again.

Dragnatek is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I wouldn't mind a three-part finale, but I honestly think that we'll be lucky if they have a two-part finale. Not only because of how Cartoon Network has treated for awhile, but I think it's pretty rare nowadays for an animated series to have more than two-parters. It's usually the series that are popular/successful that can get a three-part event, neither of which I would use to describe Generator Rex.

I know that's probably what I love about transformers Prime, it's actually willing to risk longer parters which yeah is rare these days.

I'm pretty sure we will get a two parter though, or at least I'n pretty sure they won't give us a filler episode right before the finale. The Second to last episode will probably be a story episode.

However I do have this shaking fear that one of our final episodes will be a clip show. I hope not but I can just feel it.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I find it really hard to believe that the audience has forgotten that Rex has amnesia. Rex having amnesia is one of those main plots that sticks to you, the type that you don't need a constant reminder of in every single episode. I think we've had just the right amount of "reminders" in both the 1st and 2nd seasons put together, and I'm pretty certain we'll be getting more.
    "I respect that you don't eat meat. Please respect that I don't eat fake meat." - Raven, Teen Titans

"There's my tax dollars at work, coming to arrest me." - Riley Poole, National Treasure: Book of Secrets

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KPTitan View Post
    I find it really hard to believe that the audience has forgotten that Rex has amnesia. Rex having amnesia is one of those main plots that sticks to you, the type that you don't need a constant reminder of in every single episode. I think we've had just the right amount of "reminders" in both the 1st and 2nd seasons put together, and I'm pretty certain we'll be getting more.
    I don't think that anyone claimed that the audience has forgotten that Rex has amnesia. I just don't think it has been that important to the writers for the last couple of seasons. The last time it came up was in the episode where Six lost his memories. I also don't think that anyone here was trying to say that we need a constant reminder of Rex's amnesia every single episode. That would be overkill to remind the audience of any plot point. For me, it isn't a matter of not getting enough reminders, but I don't think it has been as important as it was in the first season for awhile. It doesn't seem to bother Rex that much and it doesn't come up too ofter, although that's probably due to the other conflicts they've had to deal with. Since I don't think it has been that important for the last couple of seasons, I don't think that they would wipe out Rex's memories at the end of the series. They'll probably mention his amnesia at some point before the finale, but I can't see it playing a major role in the last episode at this point.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I don't think that anyone claimed that the audience has forgotten that Rex has amnesia.

I also don't think that anyone here was trying to say that we need a constant reminder of Rex's amnesia every single episode.
    When people are saying things like "I don't think that they've even reminded the audience that Rex has amnesia lateley", I'm inclined to think that's what they're implying.

Anna is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    '
    Quote Originally Posted by KPTitan View Post
    When people are saying things like "I don't think that they've even reminded the audience that Rex has amnesia lateley", I'm inclined to think that's what they're implying.
    My opinion has become that of the peoples'.. I feel flattered...

But seriously, you don't find it an issue that the amnesia thing hasn't played a consistent role in the plot, especially at the end of the season?