Page 26 of 51 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast
    Sketch is offline not like those other old guys
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    They don't even need to do that and confuse the kids, just put them on Thursday.

Friday is just a terrible day to premiere anything.

But it's possible they could get even more ratings if they mixed the comedies and action shows instead of segregating them.

Consider that Johnny Test, Adventure Time, Regular Show and MAD all have action elements to them. They also have no problems airing NinjaGo next to comedies and it's just as much an action show as so many others.

So sure maybe they should give that a shot perhaps instead of putting them in the middle of comedies they could just put them at 8:30 on all those nights.

For instance

Monday - Adventure Time, Regular Show, ThunderCats

Tuesday - Gumball, Level Up, Ben 10: Ultimate Alien

Wednesday - Johnny Test, MAD, NinjaGo

Thursday - Adventure Time, DC Nation Hour with Young Justice and Green Lantern

But really it would be just fine if they put Ben 10 and ThunderCats on Thursday followed by DC Nation.

Do you like making Fantasy Schedules? Come check out Elsewhere

Read ramblings from myself and other animation and comic enthusiasts on The Scratch Pad

DonkeyKongSong is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew T. Hingson View Post
    They don't even need to do that and confuse the kids, just put them on Thursday.

Friday is just a terrible day to premiere anything.
    Except movies. We've seen how well movies can perform against Disney and Nick, and even beat them on a few occasions. We've also seen that CN has no problem with two movie nights a week, since they initially replaced Tower Prep with a movie following its cancellation.

Consider that Johnny Test, Adventure Time, Regular Show and MAD all have action elements to them. They also have no problems airing NinjaGo next to comedies and it's just as much an action show as so many others.
    Point taken on Johnny Test and Adventure Time, and it's true that lately Regular Show has starting to have action elements in it. MAD only really does if it parodies something action-related.

So sure maybe they should give that a shot perhaps instead of putting them in the middle of comedies they could just put them at 8:30 on all those nights.

For instance

Monday - Adventure Time, Regular Show, ThunderCats

Tuesday - Gumball, Level Up, Ben 10: Ultimate Alien

Wednesday - Johnny Test, MAD, NinjaGo

Thursday - Adventure Time, DC Nation Hour with Young Justice and Green Lantern

But really it would be just fine if they put Ben 10 and ThunderCats on Thursday followed by DC Nation.
    That would work. And if Friday became another movie night, maybe shove some encores before or after it. But, I'd say Star Wars on Tuesday nights instead of Ben 10 - I think Ben 10's really a better fit for Saturday mornings because of its young protagonist, it's more toyetic than the others, and it's rated TV-Y7. But honestly, I think NinjaGo should move to Saturday mornings with that logic instead of Ben 10 - the whole thing is based on a toy. That would leave Star Wars to be on Wednesday nights.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I wasn't really factoring Star Wars since it'll be in reruns soon and things could certainly change come Fall. It should have a decent slot for reruns but that could probably be Friday or Saturday night (maybe both).

NinjaGo probably should be on Saturday mornings but with the ratings it's getting they're not about to move the premieres to Saturday mornings.

Ben 10 can go either way. I figure it's better for it to also air in prime time and regardless you're asking for a show to follow Level Up and I didn't want to put a non-toyetic action show through that abuse. So it's either NinjaGo, Ben 10 or Pokemon for Tuesday as long as Level Up is still around on Tuesday.

MAD parodies a LOT of action shows and films. At least one per episode.

Though the whole scenario kind of falls apart when you get to the point that most of the current comedies are airing new episodes and then they also have Total Drama Revenge of the Island, Scooby-Doo Mystery Incorporated, The Looney Tunes Show, The Annoying Orange, How to Train Your Dragon and whatever else to premiere in prime time. That should be easy enough to accomplish over 3 days though leaving Thursday free for action with DC Nation and two other series.

Either that or moving premieres to 7PM on some of those nights and the current CN would more likely leave action on Saturday mornings or put it at 7PM than give action 8:30 on all those night when they have so many comedy premieres they could be running instead.

In other news, look what Cartoon Network submitted to Cynopsis Kids latest edition

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHH
    HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

Cartoon Network is #1 with Boys 6-11 in Prime, season to date

YEAAAAAAUUUUUUUUUUUUUHH WE ARE!

Read ramblings from myself and other animation and comic enthusiasts on The Scratch Pad

Kool345 is offline Starting at 8/7c on ABC
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tuesday, February 8, 2011 to Tuesday, February 12, 2012 Comaprison:

KIDS 2-11

Cartoon Network - 452,000 to 462,000 +2%
    Disney Channel - 829,000 to 844,000 +2%
    Nickelodeon - 1,109,000 to 769,000 -31%

KIDS 6-11

Cartoon Network - 294,000 to 283,000 -4%
    Disney Channel - 465,000 to 440,000 -5%
    Nickelodeon - 465,000 to 293,000 -37%

TWEENS 9-14

Cartoon Network - 199,000 to 216,000 +9%
    Disney Channel - 370,000 to 344,000 -7%
    Nickelodeon - 290,000 to 212,000 -27%
    MONDAY: Dancing with the Stars | Castle
    TUESDAY: Agents of SHIELD | The Goldbergs | Trophy Wife | Mind Games
    WEDNESDAY: The Middle | Suburgatory | Modern Family | Mixology | Nashville
    THURSDAY: Once Upon a Time in Wonderland | Grey's Anatomy | Scandal
    FRIDAY: Last Man Standing | The Neighbors | Shark Tank | 20/20
    SUNDAY: Once Upon a Time | Resurrection | Revenge

dprboy is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    2/8
    Ninjago: Masters of Spinjitzu - Cartoon
    1.987 million viewers, #9; 0.397 million adults 18-49 (0.3 rating), #11
    http://www.thefutoncritic.com/rating...able_20120208/

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Dropped a bit from the previous week but I wonder what the kid's ratings look like.

adyniz is offline Surgeon of Death
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Final K6-11 Ratings for Saturday, February 4, 2012 Cable Networks only (Live + SD Data):
    Source: Disney Research from Nielsen Media Research Data
    DISNEY CHANNEL
    3.6/18 Avg. (7a-1p)
    Octonauts 1.8/19; Mickey Mouse Clubhouse 2.0/15; Mickey Mouse Clubhouse 2.0/11; Jake and the Never Land Pirates 2.4/12; Phineas and Ferb 3.3/15; Phineas and Ferb 3.6/15; Phineas and Ferb 3.6/15; Fish Hooks 3.4/14; Bedtime Stories (1x105) 5.5/24; Phineas and Ferb Shorts (1x15) 3.5/17
    NICKELODEON
    3.4/17 Avg. (7a-1p)
    T.U.F.F. Puppy 1.3/13; Penguins of Madagascar 2.0/15; Penguins of Madagascar 2.8/16; Penguins of Madagascar 3.4/17; SpongeBob SquarePants 4.3/19; SpongeBob SquarePants 4.8/21; SpongeBob SquarePants 4.6/20; SpongeBob SquarePants 4.5/19; Kung Fu Panda 3.6/16; Kung Fu Panda 3.3/14; Power Rangers 2.8/12; SpongeBob SquarePants 3.1/14
    CARTOON NETWORK
    1.7/8 Avg. (7a-1p)
    Johnny Test 1.8/19; Redakai: Conquer the Kairu 1.9/14; Beyblade: Metal Masters 2.1/12; Pokemon: Black & White 1.8/9; Ben 10: Ultimate Alien 2.0/9; Star Wars: Clone Wars 1.3/6; Pokemon: Black Victini and Reshiram (1x120) 1.8/8; Level Up (series) 1.2/5; Level Up (the series) 1.2/6
    DISNEY XD
    0.8/4 Avg. (7a-1p)
    Suite Life On Deck 0.6/6; Phineas and Ferb 0.5/4; Phineas and Ferb 0.7/4; Kick Buttowski 0.7/4; Pair of Kings 0.9/4; Pair of Kings 1.1/5; So Random 1.0/4; Kickin It 1.1/5; Kick Buttowski (1x15) 1.0/4; Fish Hooks (1x15) 0.8/4; Phineas and Ferb 0.8/4; Zeke and Luther 0.6/3; Zeke and Luther 0.8/4

DonkeyKongSong is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Wow! Redakai getting a 1.9? I think that's a series high! I'm not too shocked, because IMO has been at its best since the start of '12... and Beyblade winning the morning? Now I've seen everything!

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    2.0 for Ben 10 and 2.1 for Beyblade, hot dang. Get back to new Pokemon and they might be able to get all 3 in back to back 2.0s or higher.

Ben 10 did roughly about as well as it was on Friday night premieres in recent months.

It seems like kids finally realized Johnny Test is airing at 7AM on Saturday mornings so they tuned in and stuck around for Redakai which is good news for Redakai. Maybe it could join the 2.0 hit parade.

They probably could have managed a 2.0 average if Level Up and Star Wars reruns didn't drop like a rock. I'm surprised the Pokemon movie didn't do better but it probably didn't get enough advertisement.

Nice to see that encore of Level Up barely scrape above 1.0 because hopefully they'll cut back on having so many reruns per week.

Looks like Nick and Disney leveled out a bit and Disney lost their big lead.

For an easier comparison between CN and Nick (winner on the left with new CN airings in bold)

7:00 AM Johnny Test (1.8) / T.U.F.F. Puppy (1.3)
    7:30 AM Penguins (2.0) / Redakai (1.9)
    8:00 AM Penguins (2.8) / Beyblade (2.1)
    8:30 AM Penguins (3.4) / Pokemon (1.8)
    9:00 AM SpongeBob (4.3) / Ben 10: Ultimate Alien (2.0)
    9:30 AM SpongeBob (4.8) / Star Wars (1.3)
    10:00 AM SpongeBob (4.6) / Pokemon: Black Movie (1.8 average)
    10:30 AM SpongeBob (4.5) / Pokemon: Black Movie (1.8 average)
    11:00 AM Kung Fu Panda (3.6) / Pokemon: Black Movie (1.8 average)
    11:30 AM Kung Fu Panda (3.3) / Pokemon: Black Movie (1.8 average)
    12:00 PM Power Rangers (2.8) / Level Up (1.2)
    12:30 PM SpongeBob (3.1) / Level Up (1.2)

Redakai almost beat Penguins of Madagascar and Beyblade also showed a solid performance. Considering it was up against an episode of SpongeBob that pulled in over 4.0, Ben 10 is off to a good start but it's still losing to double the ratings from SpongeBob.

I'm really concerned about Green Lantern and Young Justice at 10AM against SpongeBob. That's gonna be rough. SpongeBob actually gets some of it's best ratings between 9AM-11AM on Saturday mornings and not just with kids according to TVbytheNumbers.

If Star Wars reruns can't at least scrape at 1.5 then I'd suggest dumping them in favor of ThunderCats or NinjaGo premieres between Ben 10 and Green Lantern in March. It's become clear that even top rated action show reruns are poison to the Saturday ratings and having a rerun between Ben 10 and Green Lantern will prove detrimental to keeping kids from switching to SpongeBob. That or simply move everything up a half hour so Ben 10 airs at 9:30 and Pokemon and Beyblade are back to their previous slots. Though it's probably a good thing if Pokemon doesn't have to air against SpongeBob.
    Last edited by Sketch; 02-10-2012 at 01:51 AM.

TheCtes is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well you see that Pokemon Movie has already aired back in December. The other new pokemon movie is airing tomorrow on the same time as this one did last saturday.